Caleb's general fleet tinkering thread. Skoda tinkering

calebaaront

• calebaaront changed the title to Caleb's general fleet tinkering thread. Taking the Rover to the Lake
  • calebaaront changed the title to Caleb's general fleet tinkering thread. Taking the Rover shopping
  • 1 month later...

Here's a Rover update, I've near enough done 1000 miles since owning it and it's basically been faultless. We took it to Asda tonight and managed to not only squeeze the weekly food shop in but also some Christmas shopping. The Mrs was impressed. On the way home I stopped off at McDonald's and they mistook it for being orange.

IMG_20231118_213245.jpg

IMG_20231118_213343.jpg

IMG_20231118_214415.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • calebaaront changed the title to Caleb's general fleet tinkering thread. New family wagon
  • calebaaront changed the title to Caleb's general fleet tinkering thread. 1963 Rover P4

It is. A bloody good motorcar that one. 

A little bit scruffy on the paint but a solid and reliable thing. One that you could underseal the hell out of the underneath and not feel guilty while using in this weather. 

Very adequately usable in modern traffic. While a heavy lump (1.5+ tonnes) the 120bhp odd helps pull her along in traffic without feeling slow. Perfectly possible to do reasonable revs at 70mph with the overdrive too. 

• calebaaront changed the title to Caleb's general fleet tinkering thread. Taking the P4 shopping

She is an easy one to warm to and really glad you're also enjoying her too. If I hadn't got the Spitfire (which I still absolutely love), I'd likely still have this old girl. Difference is that I can't bring the Spitfire out in this weather (I'm not a masochist like @N Dentressangledriving it in all weathers 😂). Where as you can bring this out relatively guilt free and I feel a bit jealous of that!

PXL_20230416_181747210.thumb.jpg.42e984a4c345712e8d4584fd835c3858.jpg

It has made me ponder about getting a more guilt free classic for the winter. I mean I could do the BGT but that's still shiny and winters make it stuff less shiny. Not great when I intend to sell it next year. Which means I'm on a hunt for a car again... except I have literally no room left 🫣

I always say I never revisit a car that I've owned before. However I could be awfully tempted by another P4...

• 2 weeks later...

Little Rover update, the wipers are now dead. I'm not sure what this could be? The spindles look loose so I'll be looking at that when I get a chance. It drives beautifully though and I'm loving it so far. When I get the chance I'll spray the red oxide back to the original colour. It looks absolutely stunning at night though 

IMG_20231209_202330.jpg

• calebaaront changed the title to Caleb's general fleet tinkering thread. Dead wipers
  • 2 months later...
  • calebaaront changed the title to Caleb's general fleet tinkering thread. Collection Caper time!