eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

7 minutes ago, SEATMad said:

With 150,000 miles showcasing its reliability and spirited adventures, this Audi stands as a testament to time, powered by a strong engine that sings a tune only Super Unleaded can elicit. 

Methinks that's stretching it just a tad...

Do we need a seperate thread for the utterly doomed?

image.jpeg.3c3b45e9b54c3dd32588658c8b6ae1d5.jpegimage.jpeg.2f6b198e5671539cc347ee285e79e9fb.jpeg

Interesting that the completely-rotted away bits were plastic. (The space between front wing and bumper-end)

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/425488259984244

What a difference a garage makes.

image.png.54718d7a890e9c752cc7fb7cc4926187.png

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/944478797030390

https://www.gumtree.com/p/volkswagen/volkswagen-fox-hatchback-2008-manual-1198-cc-3-doors/1476723117

Screenshot_20240330-1638192.png.725accced810d8ad7c6ab8499b3d6e54.png

I quite fancied this until I read this;

"Has MOT till October

Been a great runaround for a few years but I've just bought a new car so needing to sell asap.

In full transparency, I’m selling cheap as it needs repairs (listed below). Once those are done I’m sure it’ll keep running totally fine, as I said it’s got the MOT till December and a full tank of petrol too.

You may need to tow away as it is driving, but barely. It needs to go to a garage. (And of course, it hasn’t got tax on it as I declared it as SORN)

Oil light is on regardless of oil level, windows do not open and close properly (electrics need doing) and little bumps and scuffs are shown in photos, window wipers could also do with replacing too."

I think that translates as "it's fucked M8"

https://www.gumtree.com/p/jaguar/repair/1476592305

£800

Screenshot_20240330-1654062.png.c76d5944baa5d0ab31e1c97cd2c5a7af.png

The life of a Jag owner...

type jaguar 2.7D 2007 abs sensors fault gearbox light fault dpf light on needs regeneration cd not working , needs ABS sensors replaced £8 each on eBay restricted performance light on due to the above the engine is in very very good condition spent over £2800 to get through MOT. New alternator new water pump. New heater exchange valve £1600 spent on fabrication and welding which took over a week to Repair. Rear suspension mounting both sides went through MOT with no advisories MOT November 2024, £800, no offers or time wasters just don’t have any interest in it now as I love these cars when I got it Anyone with good mechanical knowledge will be able to repair these at little cost. The private numberplate does not come with the car or the roof bars or the Jaguar club badges.

4 minutes ago, cort16 said:

Maybe we should ask the AutoShite Server Admins to install an options that appears if you go for the 'like' button:
image.png.484b11977a534bd398ec2398fd1d3ee2.png

1 hour ago, SEATMad said:

Bit of a tool these. A mate bought one for his mrs solely so he could rip about in it. Never really been a fan of white cars though it suits that and the seats are fantastic. 

49 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

I don't think these were ever officially built in rhd.

Ahhh - I'd assumed JDM just because it was RHD and had the square front plate... interesting. (MOT history is top notch)

[edit] Yup - GoogleFoo says you are spot on. Factory cars were all LHD but there seems to have been a number of places (all over the world) that would make them RHD - Australia features a lot - not a lot I can find about UK cars.
I guess they'll be something in the paperwork/import stuff?

49 minutes ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

Ahhh - I'd assumed JDM just because it was RHD and had the square front plate... interesting. (MOT history is top notch)

[edit] Yup - GoogleFoo says you are spot on. Factory cars were all LHD but there seems to have been a number of places (all over the world) that would make them RHD - Australia features a lot - not a lot I can find about UK cars.
I guess they'll be something in the paperwork/import stuff?

I know you've figured it out the hard way but it says in the eBay description that it's a conversion. The seller knows how much the conversion cost so hopefully they have the rest of the related paperwork.

Just now, GR8 PL8 M8 said:

I know you've figured it out the hard way but it says in the eBay description that it's a conversion. The seller knows how much the conversion cost so hopefully they have the rest of the related paperwork.

Read an eBay description? Moi? :-)  I do like a good dig around the web.
It's an intriguing little car (and not one I've ever seen before). It also seems fairly well priced compared to similar aged stuff like Porsche 924/944 - if I was in the market for something different it'd be worth a trip to look at. I'm sure spare parts are* ten a penny.