LightBulbFun's Invacar & general ramble thread, index on page 1, survivors lists on Pages 24/134 & AdgeCutler's Invacar Mk12 Restoration from Page 186 onwards, Chips got! :)

LightBulbFun

32 minutes ago, barefoot said:

Sorry folks, I've been away this last week or two & can't be arsed to read through another forty odd pages.

Is the little blue fucker back on the road and racking up the miles, or what?

"little blue fucker" is that you giving it... a name?! :mrgreen:

on a more serious note, sadly not yet, but I have been informed after a bunch of parts swapping a workable carb has been put together from the 2, and she is running again, with tuning planned for Monday hopefully :) 

I think the plan is to then get the choke control/cable un-seized, and after that im not sure you will have to ask Red5!

but I know she still needs her exhaust down pipe patched or replaced and she also needs a full service/fluid change and grease up, so hopefully those issues will be attended to in the near future

posted just an hour ago, It looks like the Pembrokeshire car has finally been rescued! I have very little in the way of details, as its been rescued by someone I dont know

280955094_5850927898257331_2524908908055371268_n.thumb.jpeg.9913fdc9599ee82384c78aecee57cad8.jpeg

however said person claims it will move under its own power someday! so hopefully its gone to a good home :) 

me and Adam where working with the owner of the field to get it rescued, however the field owner had gone quiet on Adam, I personally was worried it had been bailed or accidentally squashed by the JCB, and the field owner did not want to tell us such, so I am pleased to see that was not the case!

(I guess if the field owner sold it someone else out from under Adam, that would explain why he went quiet on Adam)

In further Brian news the rear wheel bearings and hubs have been thoroughly cleaned, re-greased and re-fitted. The drive side hub spindle had slightly mangled threads, the threads will be machined off,  built up and new threads cut.

The spare fuel tank I was given with the car has had an endoscopy and looks really good inside, it still had the remnants of its last oily mix inside. However upon wire brushing the outside a pin hole did appear, this I will solder plug. One of the brackets was damaged in the past, probably when being liberated from its car. It will require heat and straightening and a little welding.

65CE9F57-F7A4-485E-A9C5-EA12C59CBF36.jpeg

6661D274-0EF7-4047-AEA6-56B397E0F805.jpeg

E03A3F90-E669-474A-9C63-0028559DC7FA.jpeg

9C657F1E-B0F9-47C3-A7C5-FBF2E8C3766E.jpeg

41 minutes ago, mitsisigma01 said:

Has it been sold via Faceache or Dumtree or is he trying to sell it . Bit of a shit that he never recontacted those that had shown an interest 

I contacted the chap immediately that I had his number and called the morning of April 14th, my call was expected. I got no answer that time and so messaged and received one in return stating that I would receive a call later when he was in an area with better signal. A few days passed and I became aware that other plans were underway to save the car and so I didn't call again. In recent days it has become evident that the car was sold to a third party and both Adam and myself were forgotten/ignored. 

Having seen the picture of the state of the car I was basically going to save its components from destruction as there were parts that would have been helpful toward restorations of others. It did seem to restore it itself would be an epic undertaking but that is what I have read on FaceBook will happen, if it does happen?

8 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Have we had this gif featuring REV yet?

tumblr_pwousbZq851shy4t3o8_500.gif

not in this thread, but im pretty sure I have seen something like it before! 

she has also made into at least 1 meme LOL

Screenshot_20190308-122244_Facebook.jpg

any time someone posts an Invacar on the social media someone will always inevitably post something of REV from that scene, which always tickles me :) 

(especially when at one point @Ghosty casually responded to one of those posts with "driven that actual car" LOL)

16 minutes ago, Eyersey1234 said:

@LightBulbFunanother spot on faceache, sorry I have no idea as to its identity.

Screenshot_20220517-214504_Facebook.jpg

thanks for the heads up that is the Pemrbokeshire car as posted above and a few pages back :) 

I do know its Identity thanks to @dollywobbler managing to grab the details for me when he visited it in person :) but I still need to contact the new owner and see what his plan is for it! (hopefully nothing silly)

smoll update on the Pembrokeshire car, I got chatting with the current owner, a nice enough bloke, who is planning to reproduce a chassis for it and get it back on the road! (although I dont know if he means an exact replica of the existing chassis or just something knocked up to get it moving, he did make mention of a Motorcycle engine and a live rear axel which is a bit worrying!)

its an ambitious task, but he claimed to be quite skilled in the matter and also quite skilled in Fibreglass so thats good!,  and he says that despite the Rocker covers being full of water, the engine was relatively good shape otherwise, so thats good hopefully maybe the engine might be salvageable!

(reminds me a lot of the Isle of Skye car, the engine externally looked utterly fucked, as did everything else metal on the car, but internally the engine was perfect!)

he made mention that he was not sure how the rear chassis was constructed so, I supplied him with pictures of that, which was he quite thankful for, so hopefully he can be persuaded to knock together a proper chassis for it! 

I also did the usual thing I do with new Model 70 owners got him up to speed with what he actually has and supplied him a PDF of the workshop manual 

and hopefully sometime soon ill be getting pictures of the interior to see if I can figure out what controls it may of had :) 

22 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Good to hear but please, unless you're going Crazy Frog it's axle, not axel.

this is Autoshite, surely it would imply the fitment of the rear end of a certain Citroen...

11 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

Apologies if I’ve missed updates LBF but I lose track of this thread with the tangents it goes off in.

What’s the latest on REV? 

still the same as per quote bellow, I did yesterday ask Red5 how things are going, so hopefully ill get another progress report/update on things before not too long :) (I hope she does not spring up any more nasty surprises then whats already known, I would like to have her back while the weather is still decent if possible at all LOL)

On 13/05/2022 at 21:37, LightBulbFun said:

"little blue fucker" is that you giving it... a name?! :mrgreen:

on a more serious note, sadly not yet, but I have been informed after a bunch of parts swapping a workable carb has been put together from the 2, and she is running again, with tuning planned for Monday hopefully :) 

I think the plan is to then get the choke control/cable un-seized, and after that im not sure you will have to ask Red5!

but I know she still needs her exhaust down pipe patched or replaced and she also needs a full service/fluid change and grease up, so hopefully those issues will be attended to in the near future

16 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

smoll update on the Pembrokeshire car, I got chatting with the current owner, a nice enough bloke, who is planning to reproduce a chassis for it and get it back on the road! (although I dont know if he means an exact replica of the existing chassis or just something knocked up to get it moving, he did make mention of a Motorcycle engine and a live rear axel which is a bit worrying!)

its an ambitious task, but he claimed to be quite skilled in the matter and also quite skilled in Fibreglass so thats good!,  and he says that despite the Rocker covers being full of water, the engine was relatively good shape otherwise, so thats good hopefully maybe the engine might be salvageable!

(reminds me a lot of the Isle of Skye car, the engine externally looked utterly fucked, as did everything else metal on the car, but internally the engine was perfect!)

he made mention that he was not sure how the rear chassis was constructed so, I supplied him with pictures of that, which was he quite thankful for, so hopefully he can be persuaded to knock together a proper chassis for it! 

I also did the usual thing I do with new Model 70 owners got him up to speed with what he actually has and supplied him a PDF of the workshop manual 

and hopefully sometime soon ill be getting pictures of the interior to see if I can figure out what controls it may of had :) 

further update, got some pictures :)

281107600_516262330196824_1921687910605105016_n.thumb.jpg.5de3193697f32698c2e5967b7cd375ea.jpg

281350301_528752555409104_939797830850947299_n.thumb.jpg.f22c6cdffd564ec7c400ed04f6d8610a.jpg

no evidence of any foot controls, but that steering rod looks rather long, so I think it may of been a Right hand tiller machine before it went fwoomph, I have exact measurements of all the various steering rods used in all steering options for the Model 70 so I have asked for him to messure it up and that should hopefully give me a good clue as to what it is :) I also made sure to get a couple pictures of the chassis plate to verify that yes this is indeed the Pembrokeshire car LOL

he also grabbed a picture of the heating and choke controls which is a very interesting thing for me, because its a blue metal box! but its a late Machine!

281154536_568840414608397_2172746277097244981_n.thumb.jpg.6a0bad250eb36b953305b529b39640f5.jpg

curiously SPE351R another even later AC Model 70 has the same metal box controls, and its very interesting to me because I always thought the blue metal box type, was an earlier type fitted to earlier Mk B's Pre Rollover bar

and I thought maybe SPE351R just ended up with an earlier control box somehow

walton-hall-and-gardens-warrington-cheshire-uk-12th-sep-2021-uk-disability-awareness-day-30th-anniversary-event-the-worlds-largest-not-for-profit-voluntary-led-disability-exhibition-old-three-wheeler-disability-vehicle-credit-john-hopki (1).jpg

see most post rollover bar Model 70's I have seen have with floor mounted control box, have a plastic control box, as seen on REV here

IMG_0433.thumb.JPG.e691adb18594cc3dd1e9895b8fabac2d.JPG

but seeing that the Pembrokeshire car has the same blue control box as SPE351R is interesting!

so I now have to figure out whats going on here with the metal blue box controls! was perhaps the plastic control box a post production replacement part (like the britax rear lights)

or is this another production difference between AC and Invacar Model 70's? of note the spare parts list only differentiates between Mk A's (with their roof mounted controls) and Mark B's with their floor mounted controls

so if there was a difference between Early Mk B's and later Mk B's then it was consolidated by the mid 1980's its also worth noting that there was also a black version of the metal box controls, but im not sure I have actually seen those fitted to machines, just that they exist in various parts stashes!