Posting an engine within the UK..

Lankytim

Hi all, I'm sure this has already been answered somewhere on the forum, but I can't find the answer..

I've got a Zetec engine I need to send from me here in Stoke up to Barrow. Any ideas on the easiest/ cheapest option? I'm guessing I need to strap it to a pallet of some sort..

Thanks in advance!

There's also palletforce which I've used in the past.

But for gods sake make sure it's strapped down with the centre of gravity towards the bottom end, with it laid on its side or however else you can get it at the bottom.

A customer sent me an engine on a pallet a long time ago that had the centre of gravity at the top. It arrived toppled over and had smashed its oil filter housing to smithereens. I got the blame because clearly I'm a magical creature that can influence time and space on a molecular level to make sure it never happened in the first place.

Hi all, I'm sure this has already been answered somewhere on the forum, but I can't find the answer..

I've got a Zetec engine I need to send from me here in Stoke up to Barrow. Any ideas on the easiest/ cheapest option? I'm guessing I need to strap it to a pallet of some sort..

Thanks in advance!

It could be thrown into the trunk of the Green Lean Machine and hauled up to Eddyramrod's gaff for the exorbitant petrol expense.

The company I drive for is part of 'The pallet network' and I've delivered many engines and gearboxes over the years, being drained of all oils and fluids is an issue as I've had a few that haven't been and it's made a right mess on the bed of the lorry I was using at the time. Just search who is your local pallet network haulier and away it goes...

As above, make sure it's fully drained and strap it on a pallet, ideally make a little cradle out of scrap wood to hold it dead secure.

Some couriers threaten to royally dry bum you for cleanup costs if your engine spills owt so make very sure it won't!

Edit: Oh and even if you specify that the vehicle needs a tail lift on collection and delivery, they will inevitably send a normal truck so you'll end up lifting it on with the driver and nearly killing yourself.

Massive pain in the arse sending engines and gearboxes by pallet, most companies have a spasm if they think it might have fluids in. Last gearbox I sent I had to disguise it as an electric motor 

Don't see the problem................women are driving cars all over the country with no fluids in them :shock:

Which Barrow?

I'm going to Manchester tomorrow...

The Barrow in question is, as Herr Junk surmised, the one I live in, which is a good hundred miles north-west of Manchester.  However, he lives in Stockport, which is the bottom-right corner of the M60, so it's looking like a relay might be on the cards.  Or, given the time I'm seeing this thread, might have been.  I even suspect I know who it's for, and he lives near me.