I has bought a Jaaaaaaaag.... S Type. Now collected with photo's!

0ldCh0d

Looks fabulous, very well bought. Will amend title for you.

Cheers Cavcraft.

It will look 100% better once I have cleaned it properly.

The nice woman I bought it from told me that she did not want to sell it, as it used to be her Dads car,  but she could not afford to run a 3.0 car as her daily.

Woof. Sub200 quid that's a total steal. Does it have the onboard voice control with actual Trevor McDonald voice?

lol......not that I am aware of, but I have not really had the time to spend with it, so if it does, I will let you know in due course.

Looks very nice, although these have some of the worst styling of recent years IMO! I still would though. Do these have X-type-rivalling rust problems?

They do indeed suffer from tin worm like the X Type. Similar places aswell, Sills, Subframe, floor pan.....However, This one, in it's favour, has no mention of severe impending rust issues in it's MOT history. However, I stand to be corrected come MOT Time...End of this Month..

Looks very nice, although these have some of the worst styling of recent years IMO! I still would though. Do these have X-type-rivalling rust problems?

Erm, I dont think they do!

Mine was a 2001 model, different interior to this one but I like this interior better which I think came in the S type later part of 2002. 

Mine had 0 rust, and still has 0 rust - I've seen it around with the new owner not a blemish or a blob. I also know of a few other S Types one of which has been parked up for several months and has flat tyres, on a farm. Still no rust as yet.

This is excellent - wish I could find one for 200!

You will not be let down by it. I would like another - but with that interior.

Sorry for the delay in posting back, I have been very busy. However, After a little bit of waiting....Here is THE ACTUAL car I bought...

The pictures are a bit shit, & No, that is NOT scratches on the left doors, it's a reflection of the next door neighbours trampoline.

Better pictures to follow, as It really does need a good wash & polish etc.

However, it drives fantastic, very very smooth. Gear changes are silky smooth. & it smells like a Jaguar inside. Just Lovely.

I will update with pictures once it is proper clean & shiney 

Also, It has had a private number on it, hence the missing front plate, the private number did not come with the car, but the rear number plate (Jaguar S Type Shape) is proper stuck on & I don't know how to get it off, so any suggestions welcome.

Overall.......I am well chuffed with it, considering how cheap it was. & it is in much better condition than I originally thought it was when I went to see it/buy it.

Also.....How to I edit the thread title? As it has been collected etc..

PS This is the same colour as the one I mentioned in a previous post. Locked in a farm, most likely wont see a road ever again. Nothing wrong with it, owner has moved to Spain (friend of mine) and wont part with it. 

05 plate.

Strong fishing line behind the plate then saw the fuck out of the glue.

Failing that just stick the new plate over the top of the old one.

For added excitement, the armrest slides forward to cover the cup holders.

Plus, a sharp tug with the cup holders reveals a velvet lined box of much usefulness.

Top buy.

Update on the Jaguar. It just gets better.....Today, whilst looking through its service book for the first time, I was astonished to find x11, (yes eleven) Service stamps, Last serviced at 107,338 miles in 2013. It has now covered 117,898 miles.....So, around 2000 miles a year it has done in that time.

I also got to spend some time with the car today, so the first thing I did was, go get some petrol in a can (It had been running on fumes pretty much since I first bought it). This took off the Low Fuel Level warning for about 15 mins...lol.

Anyway, I decided to give it a much needed wash & this is how it came up....I have still to apply the alloy wheel cleaner, so ignore the wheels, as they are not clean.

I need to go get the Number plates made up, & do what Mr A Lawrence & 3VOM suggests, saw fuck out of the glue at the back...It should work...I was thinking doing that with a hair drier at the same time, maybe soften up the glue? Either way, I will get the bastard off.

After the Number plates are done & Fitted, I need to get it booked in for an M.O.T....which, I am 90% confident that it will pass, it appears solid underneath & runs & drives superb.

Anyway, here are pictures taken after it had a wash today...It is still wet in the pictures, but it is in mighty fine order for a sub £200 car.

Wait until I have polished it, it will look lush.

P.S....It has NOT ever been resprayed in its life, so it is not 2 shades of blue like it appears in the pictures, it's just wet,

The reason the drivers door is wet is because after I cleaned it, I put the drivers window down & forgot that I had not cleaned the window rubber/s, so smeared the window with dirt upon putting it back up.

post-20267-0-98284900-1507569522_thumb.jpg

post-20267-0-18847600-1507569558_thumb.jpg

post-20267-0-03067900-1507569584_thumb.jpg

post-20267-0-00791600-1507569608_thumb.jpg

post-20267-0-67526500-1507569658_thumb.jpg

post-20267-0-75980800-1507569682_thumb.jpg

post-20267-0-86132800-1507569707_thumb.jpg

post-20267-0-99045800-1507569733_thumb.jpg

post-20267-0-11927200-1507569761_thumb.jpg

post-20267-0-03405900-1507569786_thumb.jpg

post-20267-0-95306800-1507569813_thumb.jpg

post-20267-0-75506200-1507569836_thumb.jpg

Update on the Jaguar. It just gets better.....Today, whilst looking through its service book for the first time, I was astonished to find x11, (yes eleven) Service stamps, Last serviced at 107,338 miles in 2013. It has now covered 117,898 miles.....So, around 2000 miles a year it has done in that time.

I also got to spend some time with the car today, so the first thing I did was, go get some petrol in a can (It had been running on fumes pretty much since I first bought it). This took off the Low Fuel Level warning for about 15 mins...lol.

Anyway, I decided to give it a much needed wash & this is how it came up....I have still to apply the alloy wheel cleaner, so ignore the wheels, as they are not clean.

I need to go get the Number plates made up, & do what Mr A Lawrence & 3VOM suggests, saw fuck out of the glue at the back...It should work...I was thinking doing that with a hair drier at the same time, maybe soften up the glue? Either way, I will get the bastard off.

After the Number plates are done & Fitted, I need to get it booked in for an M.O.T....which, I am 90% confident that it will pass, it appears solid underneath & runs & drives superb.

Anyway, here are pictures taken after it had a wash today...It is still wet in the pictures, but it is in mighty fine order for a sub £200 car.

Wait until I have polished it, it will look lush.

P.S....It has NOT ever been resprayed in its life, so it is not 2 shades of blue like it appears in the pictures, it's just wet,

The reason the drivers door is wet is because after I cleaned it, I put the drivers window down & forgot that I had not cleaned the window rubber/s, so smeared the window with dirt upon putting it back up.

Thats properly stunning - love the colour.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All, Thought I would update on the Jaaaaag, I don't have anymore pictures of it, as I was rather busy to even think about pictures, but, they will follow, perhaps tomorrow...If not, some time this week.

Ok, So, The rear number plate removal process went like this,

Me & my Dad managed to eventually get the fucking thing off, using...x1 thick hand towel, x2 reasonable sized flat screwdrivers & x1 Medium sized Pry Bar....

After finding a spot where the flat headed screwdriver could be wedged in, we proceeded to gently lift the number plate, then insert part of the towel into the space, followed by the flat head screw driver & the medium sized pry bar & proceeded to lift (with quite some force) the number plate gradually all the way around, it gave up after around 10 mins (it was proper stuck on). Boyed by this sucess, we the fitted the new number plates that I had made up the other week there.

So it now sports it's original 53 plate, Reg number. I also did not get the S Type shaped rear number plate, as this was relatively expensive for just that plate.

The next thing that I noticed was, one of the stupid wheel nuts (not the locking nut)  has broken, just the top part of it (Stupid metal covered nut thing), the wheel is still being held by said broken wheel nut however, but I need to get this sorted.

Tomorrow, It goes away to get said wheel nut removed & it is also booked in for it's M.O.T.....Which is the moment of truth. From what I can see underneath it, seems solid enough, & there is no OMG crustiness mentioned in it's M.O.T history, So....Hopefully, all will be well & it will pass.

If it does pass, My Dad has said that he would be very very very interested in acquiring it for himself...Oh & tomorrow....I get the ball rolling on my CLK 430 (Finally..wooo hoo)....But that is for another thread.

Pictures of the Jaguar will be added...Maybe even a Pez station shot if it passes the MOT..

Well.....The Jaguar was Dropped off on Monday to my Trusty Mechanic, for the Broken Wheel Nut to be removed & To be M.O.T'D......

I just decided to have a little check on one of the car data websites to see if it passed or failed......&  Guess What?....

Look....

Date Result Details 25/10/2017 Pass

Mileage:
117,858 miles
Mileage Notes
  • The mileage recorded at this MOT is above average for a vehicle of this age. (Average mileage of 103900)
Advisory Notices
  • Rear tyres perished and split
  • Brake pipe slightly corroded nearside and offside front to rear front sections (3.6.b.2c)
  • Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened front and rear (3.5.1i)
  • Front brake fluctuating, but not excessively (3.7.b.3)
  • Rear brake fluctuating, but not excessively (3.7.b.3)
  • Oil leak ()

Wooo Hooooo.....LOL!

I have not spoken with my Mechanic friend yet, so He does not know that I know it has Passed.

I will duly update tomorrow with Pictures.... :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D But here is another pic of my £150..to buy.. S Type...3.0

Tyres will be done Pronto......It had been parked up since May this Year.......Not Bad at all.

Further to Add....The Oil Leak Advisory, It does not leak onto the ground, so I am unsure about that?..However, the last M.O.T adivises on Offside Rear Diff seal Leaking, So might be that, Will Investigate tomorrow.

post-20267-0-38973400-1509044588_thumb.jpg

What a fantastic result for so little money. More money could be spent on a return train journey from York to London. I thought I got a good deal buying an X300 for £395 and having it go straight through it’s MOT the next week. This one looks really clean straight. Must be a hoot to drive knowing you paid less than the annual tax bill for it. Top buying!