Last collection thread...for now...

Flat4

At least, I am hoping this will be my last collection for a while, assuming my assessment of cars is sound.... I have about 350 miles to drive home so I should hopefully know if I've bought a good 'un by the end of the journey!

This is the last planned fleet change as we now need to focus on moving house, and finding one of those with a big enough driveway/outside space to accommodate said fleet...

First mode of transport for today was the Saab 9-5 Aero, which I was planning to sell if the newbie behaves itself as it would fulfil the role as back up tow car, but Al has now named it Max and seems inclined to keep it :/

I'm currently sitting on an Airbus A320 from Glasgow which has landed at Gatwick 35 minutes early! Not able to get off yet tho coz the stand we need is still occupied. Annoying, but I'm only going to work first, so no real issue ;)

6 minutes ago, NorthernMonkey said:

It must be the week for southerly collections! Good luck with the M6 tonight…it was properly buggered on Monday night with temp speed restrictions and lane closures everywhere above Birmingham!

What time was that? It's gonna be about 6ish by the time I'm heading for home.

33 minutes ago, big_al_granvia said:

a class 321 leccy unit, built about 1990 so pre privitisation. suppose it is old

I had the pleasure* of one of those on a trip from Norwich to London once a few years back.  Even compared to the then-normal Greater Anglia fare it felt fairly ancient.  Sounded like it was about to rattle itself to bits at mainline speeds.

16 minutes ago, NorthernMonkey said:

It must be the week for southerly collections! Good luck with the M6 tonight…it was properly buggered on Monday night with temp speed restrictions and lane closures everywhere above Birmingham!

That's just the M6 at any given moment. ¬_¬ 

A mate and I reckon the Sandbach area is so bad for accidents because it's halfway London-Scotland and all the drivers are knackered by around there.

9 minutes ago, sutty2006 said:

M6 has 60mph restrictions between J15 and the M5 every time I’ve been on it. Shit section of motorway. Even when it’s clear! Chodspeed sir. 

There's a section between Junction 13 and 11A  that's always 70. (At least it is every Monday at approx 06:45) 

Once you get to Junction 10A, the fastest lane is the hard shoulder to Junction 10 then the outside lane to Junction 7. And then the hard shoulder to Junction 6. 😁

1 hour ago, NorthernMonkey said:

And yet on Monday Evening I Joined the M6 northbound at Spagetti Junction,  at 5pm, and arrived home in L37 at only 6.56pm having done 56.8 mph average according to google maps.  Which is the fastest ever time.