Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

Y0 Fel, why not get Norev Peugeot 309 'Profil' 1/43 scale model. It's a 5 door and looks genuinely Povvo spec. I love mine.

Iain, it's for a 'project' involving swapping bits with a 309GTi I have to make a couple of 'interesting' models :)

I've got one of those!  Mine's in the dark aubergine that almost looks black.  It was payment for using my first Cadillac to take a couple to their wedding anniversary celebrations, so that tells you how long I've had it.  I sold the Caddy in 2002!

Mine is grey.

001.jpg

I also turned the tyres around to get rid of those ghastly whitewalls.

I attempted to make a 1/18 coathanger from a paperclip. A few more attempts and it should be successful.

However, I don't consider an aerial period correct on a 1948 Wagon to begin with.

Usually I use a length of syringe tube with an inserted clothes pin to replicate the old style antennae.

However, my plan with this particular model is to make it into a mild custom with shaved hood, frenched headlights,

Appleton spots, no aerial, slightly dropped up front and big and little goode olde Polyglase GTse on Cragars.

And yes, there will be surfboards for maximum stereotypility.

Ertl.  I've been chasing these on ebay for ages but they keep going over budget.  This one was marginal, but thankfully it stayed within.

Of course MrsR isn't talking to me now....

I think we got them at the right time. These are going to skyrocket, seeing that the GL is "Artisan", which means shit.

Thankfully I don't have those SWMBO issues, so I got me a pair of nice sexy Ponchos.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

Saw one of these in an assorted box of model/toy cars at the local auction house tonight:

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dinky-2162-Ford-Capri-3-0-GXL-1-25-Scale-/172318489794

I remember them from the catalogue back in the day, but didn't realise they were 1:24/25 scale. Already regretting not leaving a bid - had there been much else of interest in the box I probably would have done. I'm still sore at not bidding on a box of American promo's which sold for just £22 a few weeks ago.

Dinky Capris were sold in 1/43 size too but the bigger ones came out in the last three or four years of UK Dinky production and hence represented the facelifted 3000GXL - also in slightly unlikely Rally and Police liveries.   The larger scale Dinky (it was only the Capri) was apparently not a success and the idea never developed further.