Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

SunStar also made a 1/18 Trabbi.

H0 ones were/are made by Anker, Wiking, Herpa, Brekina as well as SES Modelltec, a company that bought a lot of ex DDR tooling

and is since making a wealth of eastalgia models. Brekina also made a P50.

Anker also made a 1/24 plastic toy with friction drive and in the same scale there is the truly excellent Revell kit.

Any idea who would have made this James Bond DB5?

IMG_20160816_102536.jpg

IMG_20160816_102447.jpg

Looks like 1:24 scale but the box gives no clues as to the make. Think my granddad may have ordered if from a Mail on Sunday typecatalogue. Seems good quality with lots of opening and removable bits but no idea of its value, if any

It's the Danbury Mint one. It should at least have a small tampo print on the chassis saying 'Made in China', or only 'China'.

Mint in Danbury packaging with all paperwork, they are knocking at the 300 door, but good ones without documentation still command in the 100 neighbourhood.

All Mints in neutral styrofoam packaging are factory leftovers having left their country of origin via Hong Kong.

They hit the markets here at vastly discounted rates usually via some catalog outlets, but not on a payment plan like the 'originals' did.

Generally, if you want some of the Mints, no matter whether Franklin or Danbury, buy them now.

Not only have the marketing companies pulled out of the model car market, but they ordered the tools being destroyed, so there will never be reissues.

What's out there, is it. And since many people know about it, and the fact, that some models develop paint reactions and even zinc pest, values of good examples

will only go one way from here. I'm already priced out of the '58 Bonneville, simply because I waited too long.

Just to give you some indication, this is the degree to what I have been priced out of it:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Danbury-Mint-1958-Pontiac-Bonneville-Sport-Coupe-Limited-Edition-Burma-Green-/262562095754

s-l1600.jpg

It doesn't feel that long ago that I could have bought a real one for that kind of wad.

They're not Days Gone By by Lledo are they? If so you've more chance of getting rid of herpes than getting some coin for them.

Purchases recently been a bit thin on the ground, only noteworthy one has been a Matchbox Homdarora motorbike - 20p at the weekend.

They are not. 

Lots of Minichamps and Lumyno (Norev). 

Hey, what's a Peugeot 605 model worth, either 1:18 or 1:24 scale? Not sure which it is but I saw the box for one sitting on a pile of stuff at a place I plan to revisit, so wondered whether I should make an offer on it. I vaguely recall that a few people wanted one.