1000+ miles weekend of collections

Arfur Foxache

I hadn’t thought ahead to post so 1st journey already commenced. 
I’ve got the trailer on, a few podcasts downloaded and off south today. 

Vehicle 1 is 200 miles from home in one direction and vehicle 2 is 325 miles from home in the other. 
Plan is to get the first one back into the warehouse at work by mid afternoon today then an early start tomorrow for part 2. 

Breakfast was Shreddies and a brew with 2.  - Loo count is 0 but might have to keep legs crossed and I don’t like leaving car and trailer unattended at the services after losing a trailer before when only running in for 2 minutes once. 

Left home 7am, came the A46 route to get on M5 so cut a few miles off but return journey will stay on M5 to M42 and M6. 

Will update when I remember as I go along. 
I had offers to accompany me but sometimes I just like to do my own thing after having to deal with many people in the week. 

Start mileage and the rig. 

IMG_8945.jpeg

IMG_8946.jpeg

55 minutes ago, loserone said:

one of our neighbours has a disco likely that. She's a farmer and must do 40-50k a year.  Never seems to have any trouble with it.  

This one's now 4 year old and as I've mentioned before other than a roof leak it's been fine.  I've driven it since my boss bought it new as his fifth vehicle in the fleet, the adaptive cruise is excellent for long journeys and you never know there's a trailer ont back. 

received_443860637985633.jpeg.c943e5bd7a0961b5c80c63db035dff5c.jpeg

3.0 SD6 this one. 2 seater commercial so goes through the company books as a van. 

I dived into Taunton Deane for a pit stop and parked next to a couple having breakfast on a table and chairs at the side of their camper in the car park. They babysat the trailer for 10 minutes for me. 

Vehicle number 1 will probably go faster up the motorway on the trailer than it’s ever been driven in its life. . It’s meant to be a quick tidy up and flip but my grandson has already got other plans. 
should be at collection just after 10.30 so pictures incoming soon. 

Due to limited access on the road where I collected from, we had to drive it on to the trailer. I’ve stopped and turned it round before heading up the M5 just to make sure we don’t have the tail wagging the dog scenario. 
 I have also adopted a sitting tenant….,

IMG_8958.jpeg

IMG_8957.jpeg

I turned it round on the trailer for weight distribution but it caused another issue that I thought might happen.
The wind got under the pop up roof and lifted the rear end of it. I had to stop on the hard shoulder and lower it again and even though I thought I’d locked it down it came up again within a couple of miles.
I managed to get a couple of small camloc straps tied round the inside roof mechanism and through seatbelt buckle which kept it in place the rest of the way back. 
Will have a good look round it next week and decide on my next move. 
if I keep it then I’ve some better seats to replace what I think are Rover SD1 ones. 
There are many more jobs that need doing first but it’s always nice to change something to make you feel a bit better, 

IMG_8959.jpeg

IMG_8961.jpeg

Earlier start today. Tried to tip toe around and not wake the dogs up. Realised it’s quicker to just do as normal and run them round the block. 
I made more noise trying to be quiet! 

Going to need a diesel stop so will have to be a petrol station cuppa this morning. 

route today is M69/M1/A50/M6/M74/M8 then the last few miles into collection 

IMG_8966.jpeg

Nice work! How's the podcasts going? It's amazing how quickly a trailer can be unhitched and pinched. I wonder if a little GPS tracker could be attached to it so if the worst happens you can have a mega car chase like on police camera action. At least your bladder would be empty then too. 🤔

4 hours ago, Kringle said:

Nice work! How's the podcasts going? It's amazing how quickly a trailer can be unhitched and pinched. I wonder if a little GPS tracker could be attached to it so if the worst happens you can have a mega car chase like on police camera action. At least your bladder would be empty then too. 🤔

Podcasts are a new thing to me so found a few to be getting on with. Dodge Woodalls Eventful Lives on currently. Got to be selective but some good interviews amongst them. 
I’ve got an AirTag on the trailer as a temporary measure.