Album Covers with Interesting Cars on

Stinkwheel

19 hours ago, Stinkwheel said:

Much confusion, thats a mk1 Dodge Caravan (or plymouth version) not an El Camino 😅

Not sure why they called the Album that but the Mini Van on the cover was apparently one they used when they toured in the early days. I have the album at home somewhere the sleeve opens up to reveal loads of others photos of minivans, Aerostar's, Chryslers etc 

Thats brilliant, i love the idea of many mini vans on album insert

12 minutes ago, goosey said:

Not sure why they called the Album that but the Mini Van on the cover was apparently one they used when they toured in the early days. I have the album at home somewhere the sleeve opens up to reveal loads of others photos of minivans, Aerostar's, Chryslers etc 

Thats brilliant, i love the idea of many mini vans on album insert

Not a car but worth posting as possibly the least interesting album ever (for the record I love watching the TT)

437534956_816967063783662_5928678230070142664_n(1).jpg.48b5358b903604fcdac14f642eedb15d.jpg

I imagine the drama and excitement of the TT is reduced somewhat by following it via audio recordings of someone fenging a bike flat out with commentary over the top.

1 hour ago, warch said:

Not a car but worth posting as possibly the least interesting album ever (for the record I love watching the TT)

437534956_816967063783662_5928678230070142664_n(1).jpg.48b5358b903604fcdac14f642eedb15d.jpg

I imagine the drama and excitement of the TT is reduced somewhat by following it via audio recordings of someone fenging a bike flat out with commentary over the top.

Its actually not reduced at all, love the sound stories LP's - I inherited my grandads 60's ones - the ones with murray walker doing the commentary are ace, he even knew when to shut up and let the sound of the bike just be. If youve never listened and youre a petrol head, then you really should, it actually is the music of our people

1 hour ago, Stinkwheel said:

Its actually not reduced at all, love the sound stories LP's - I inherited my grandads 60's ones - the ones with murray walker doing the commentary are ace, he even knew when to shut up and let the sound of the bike just be. If youve never listened and youre a petrol head, then you really should, it actually is the music of our people

Fair point. But a lot of the charm of this sort of thing is probably that it is very much of its time. I like a lot of old tv shows not because they are particularly compelling, well plotted or acted but because they offer a slice of life from that time period. 

1 hour ago, warch said:

Fair point. But a lot of the charm of this sort of thing is probably that it is very much of its time. I like a lot of old tv shows not because they are particularly compelling, well plotted or acted but because they offer a slice of life from that time period. 

I think you are probably spot on with that

On 11/04/2024 at 15:22, Stinkwheel said:

Some crackers there.

Dave Clark Five Jaaaaag

image.png.accfe5a085b1b35890e73a8c92fc47f4.png

That's the title track to their film.

"Catch Us If You Can" - a piece of 60's existential culture - directed by John Boorman. Not the kind of thing you expect a pop band of the era to make. Stars Yootha Joyce too.

Up there with Michelanglo Antonioni's "Blow Up" as great 60's films.

Worth a view.