A car that no one here has owned or driven?

sdkrc

@Barry CadeOnly just seen your post of a few days ago about the 1990s Sonatas.  I've also had two of them.  I part exchanged the first one for a BMW E28 520i and the second one was bought quite a few years later then part exchanged for the CX GTi Turbo 2 in 1992.  The Sonatas both had a distinctive Mitsubishi whining noise from the engine - which stopped on one of them when the cam belt snapped (actually, it got tangled up and derailed when the tensioner seized).  Fortunately it was a non-interference unit and was fixed quickly and fairly cheaply.   

Edit: Photo of 1st Sonata added.  I've also added better shots of my Volvo 66 saloon and estate to my post of Thursday, page 8.

Scan 123.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Spiny Norman said:

Or how about the original B1 Audi 80? My very first car was an N reg 80GL like this one.

1200px-Audi_80_B1_front_20080620.jpg

I had a girlfriend in 1986 who had one of those.  For some reason we never went anywhere in it, we would always be in my car instead (1974 Vauxhall Victor FE, 1975 Datsun Sunny 120Y, 1978 Austin Maxi).

33 minutes ago, eddyramrod said:

I had a girlfriend in 1986 who had one of those.  For some reason we never went anywhere in it, we would always be in my car instead (1974 Vauxhall Victor FE, 1975 Datsun Sunny 120Y, 1978 Austin Maxi).

You definitely can, in the back of an Audi 80... ;)

24 minutes ago, warren t claim said:

NSU Prinz anyone?

In 1967 or thereabouts when I was in the 5th or 6th form in Rheindahlen, Germany, my friend and I discovered a battered NSU Prinz 2 which had been dumped in waste ground not far from the school.  Naturally, we pushed it up to the highest side of the rough patch, sat inside and drove* the brakeless wreck down the hill for 15 metres or so.... several times.  Its tyres still had some air in them but I can't remember whether it still had its engine.

On 04/05/2023 at 10:02, EyesWeldedShut said:

:-( driven a 2.3 petrol SingSong Korando (1999 model) so that straw is still in your clutch.
How about the Pug 1007 ? Kind of James Bond + a thousand?

image.png.dbf8b6849d7d27ce6a19069ca45833ef.png

@EyesWeldedShut sorry. Our mum had one back in the day, with the daft robotised manual.

Drove it several times, always having to press the accelerator about 1 second before you wanted to move.

Comfortable and good access through the massive doors.

They have a honda Jazz hybrid now, a much better car in every conceivable metroc

8 hours ago, warren t claim said:

Renault 17?

1974 17 Gordini injection , purple with brown plastic petal seats. No big sunroof unfortunately. Swapped it for a perfectly reliable 2000E Cortina, needless to say the Renner was anything but reliable, but when it was working it was amazing, faster and better handling than a mates Beta Coupe and when I got a new job and temporarily had a brand new MK1 XR2 as a company car I couldn’t believe how much longer my regular Friday night trip from Covent Garden to Newquay in West Wales took. Although the Fiesta always made it both ways under its own steam. 
It’s the car I owned when I met the current MrsN and I think I might have invented dogging when during Ugandan Discussions in a side street off The Embankment I looked up and saw a tramp looking in the window knocking one out, I ignored him until I’d finished, obviously. Luckily he ran away.

That same night it broke down in a cloud of steam on the M1 , whilst waiting for the RAC I jumped over a small wall to take a leak, a few minutes later 2 Police cars screamed up because a Tube train driver reported a potential suicide jumper above the track. Luckily they didn’t look at the 2 month out of date tax disc.

My brother started using it, cooked it completely and scrapped it without even telling me.

31 minutes ago, Barry Cade said:

My cousin in Germany had a brown Honda Quintet. My sausage dog used to peep the horn as LHD.. 

Haven't seen one of those for years, or for that matter a Datsun Stanza.  

I'm sure someone on here will have had a Colt Sapporo but a mate's girlfriend had one back in the day and I had the pleasure* of driving it once or twice. It was an auto and it stalled every time it came to a stop.
001-68.thumb.jpg.e53f98d01a5581c1da99ea5688ee3b91.jpg
Holy recirculating balls , driven plenty of these never had enough £££ to buy , colt lancer for me.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk