Ebay Tat Volume 2 - Sadly deceased.

trigger

Gorgeous. I used to have one that colour, but it died of terminal rot. Lapped up a year of abuse (once did over 1000 miles in a week) with barely a service. Even took it off roading in Yorkshire!

Dyane values are behind 2CV ones at the moment, but good ones are finally breaking the £2000 barrier. If the C posts aren't mainly filler, that's a good buy. I'm now wishing I had £1700.

Check out this winner!

!CCj!fnwEWk~$(KGrHqEOKm4EzyjVlVQZBNLfqKwu(g~~_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TALBOT-SOLARA-VER ... 27b7f5af7d

THE STORY GOES LIKE THIS; IN THE EARLY 80S TALBOT PRODUCED 500 CARS SOLELY AS SHOWROOM (PLINTH CARS) JUST TO GET PEOPLE IN THE SHOWROOMS, THEY HAD A DIFFERENT INTERIOR AND LOVELY METALLIC PAINT, BUT YOU COULD NOT BUY ONE AS THEY WERE FOR SHOW PURPOSES ONLY, WHICH IS WHY THEY NEVER FITTED THEM WITH POWER STEERING AND USED A 4 SPEED BOX. OR I SUPPOSE WHAT EVER THEY HAD TO HAND AT THE TIME, AS THEY WERE NOT MEANT TO BE DRIVEN. AFTER THEY HAD SERVED THEIR PURPOSE ALL 500 WERE TO BE SENT BACK TO TALBOT TO BE SCRAPPED. BUT AS SOMETIMES HAPPENED IN THE EIGHTIES THIS CAR SOMEHOW SURVIVED. MY CONTACT SAID HE HAD ONLY EVER KNOWN OF ONE PLINTH CAR IN EXISTANCE, AND DOESNT KNOW IF IT STILL EXISTS, SO IN ALL PROBABILITY THIS IS ONE OF MAYBE TWO CARS LIKE THIS IN EXISTANCE, WHICH WITH THE MILEAGE OF JUST 26000 I WOULD SAY IT IS A VERY SPECIAL CAR INDEED.

Interesting story, not sure how much of it is true though.

8637084034.jpg

^ I bet thats not as tidy as it first appears. Looks like the sellers practised his rattle can skills on the rear wheel before no doubt spraying over the bits covered by yesterdays Le Monde

Rust at the bottom of the C pillar looks suspect...

Did you convert your Imp gallons 4.55L to US Gallons 3.79L?

No, I quite forgot your gallons are smaller than ours (not that anyone here is allowed to sell a gallon of anything thanks to the EU messers - has to be litres).

Still that makes the cheapest petrol near my house £1.25 per litre or £4.73 per US gallon or $7.43 per US gallon.

Fuel duty here recently went up to just under 59p per litre for petrol and diesel. And there's a further 20% VAT to pay on top of that.

Pretty soon it'll be too bloody expensive to travel anywhere. Ever.