Time for a van ... now collectioned!

messerschmitt owner

I still avoid it, even when coming up from the South West. The price is grossly disproportionate. Adds a ton of  time, and Gloucester can be very unpleasant to negotiate, but sod 'em. 

As a born and bred Gloucestrian I take exception to that. Which is why the whole Costadelglosta extended clan relocated to Cheshire and Lancashire  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well, back to the subject of van! I have realised that what I really wanted is a Ford Transit MWB crew Van

six seats, factory conversion and rear windows seems to double the price of a Trannie.  I've also realised that, unless you are very lucky (and I mean Euromillions- winning without buying a ticket lucky) all old Transits are shagged.

I've looked at the competition, and I don't want an Iveco, Sprinters invariably are all LWB and just too long, rusty, etc. Crafters are not about and they're just a rusty Merc with a different engine. Renaults/Vauxhalls/Nissans are not rusty but invariably the engines are unreliable.Well, you get the picture - the Trannie is common, easy to find (but not in cheap, non rusty crew cab version) and, what I'm trying to say, is I think I'm going to blow the budget and move me out of Vanshite territory!

Here's the one I'm going to phone up about tomorrow. Doubt I'll be able to haggle much on the price - it's already £1000 or more under any other crew vans of the same age or even back to an 09 plate. Talk me out of it, or tell me I'm being sensible...

http://www2.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201609097590149?make=ford&model=transit&supplied-price-to=9000&search-target=usedvans&postcode=gl179tj&sort=datedesc&radius=1500&page=1&searchcontext=default&body-type=combi-van&logcode=p&adPos=8

I've been checking Tourneo prices recently at work as we have a 12 plate with 60k to sell.  We were expecting it to be worth about £9k but it looks like £12k+vat is the going rate.  Based on that your crewvan looks like a superb buy.

We also have a SWB Vivaro and a LWB boxer to get rid of soon both with about 100k if they are of interest.

really want a crew van, and one that will fit a ton with ease as well.

I think the silver Trannie is a bargain. Shocked at prices - and that's before Vat is added!

The Vivaro is too wee - the LWB Boxer maybe (is it a crew cab?) They're unheard of in Ducato/Boxer/Relay flavour without spending £15k plus Vat on a year old one.

Aren't Crewvans, aka Transit Estates, a pretty recent thing because of VAT nonsense, like 4 door pickups?

If you look for Transit minibus, with a view to throwing away away some of the rear seats, you will be able to find something older.

Crew vans have been about a good ten years. They're just not common. Most nine seat minibuses are swb and therefore hopeless for me. The mwb van is like an swb van but with six seats. An hour or so and the bulkhead and seats can be removed and replaced. I can't get bigger than a nine seat minibus for insurance reasons. And they tend to be just as expensive. I also don't want the Windows all the way to the back. But older = shagged when it comes to transits. It's a very rare beast that has been looked after and had light, clean use, is not rusty and is a decade old. Certainly rarer than a crew van.

I've been checking Tourneo prices recently at work as we have a 12 plate with 60k to sell.  We were expecting it to be worth about £9k but it looks like £12k+vat is the going rate.  Based on that your crewvan looks like a superb buy.

We also have a SWB Vivaro and a LWB boxer to get rid of soon both with about 100k if they are of interest.

How old is the Tranny? Cheers.

/\ I'd never twigged that Mrs Goggins was voiced by Lynda Snell off of the Archers.

Anyway, here's a cheap crew van. Should have plenty of space for your needs. Only drawback is you probably won't be able to flog it on to Billy when you're done with it.

s-l1600.jpg

Fark me that's beyond huge......

Are vauxhall/Renault/Nissan traffic crew cabs any good? A guy in work has a low mileage vauxhall one as his family transport, hasn't had any bother and it looks smart enough in black with a few wee extras like alloys and an A bar

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Ivecos are utter dogshit.

One of ours had just been off the road fora second replacement loom and abs ecu in 2 years.

I can't begin to imagine how much this costs.

Not bad for a van with 45k on the clock.

Oh and the side door falls off regularly.

And the gear change is knackered.

And it's on its second clutch and flywheel.

And 5th battery.

And the ignition barrel imploded.

Bit it isn't rusty.

Others on the fleet have had throttle pedals break off, endless warning lights

and just general pain.

Engines have been okay though. It's just the van that sucks.

I've never had a FTP in any of the four Ivecos I've owned.  In fact my first Turbo Daily still started first time after being burned out when some local scrotes dumped and torched a nicked car next to it.  They were of an older generation though, which may have been made of sterner stuff.

Looks very smart. While it's still made of steel I'd get some chassis protection on it.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

you're speaking to the man who is cutting up a Citroen XM to find out just how rusty they get! ;-)

It has flashing lights  - sad to say, they are staying!