Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

Picked up this lot at a Ford meet 20p each (40p each for the Citroens.) Turns out the 16 year old lad was selling them to raise funds for insurance on his Hillman Imp and a Corsa B! I would have bought more if I'd have known that fact.

Love the suspension on the Safari  8)

post-5414-0-28046900-1539115969_thumb.jpg

I made a boat trailer and roof rack because the safari was missing its boat. Yes I know I'm very sad.

post-5414-0-73258400-1539116903_thumb.jpg

post-5414-0-30292400-1539116580_thumb.jpg

More to follow about the Merc Cougar and Fiat.

Wowsers, those Hachette campers look fantastic. And even better all together.

I kept checking my local model shop after I scored the Citroen J4 Pilote camper in there over the summer, but so far none of the Transit, Sherpa or CF models have put in an appearance.

I may have to cast my net wider...

Watcher miniature shiters, there's been a bit of radio silence my end for a while, after a bout of work keeping me busy. That does mean that I have a few more coffers for the small and large shites in my life, so that's a good thing.

A few days ago, I finished a commercial working a little further afield than usual, so I got some per diems whilst away a few nights. Having the equivalent of £40-odd left over, I decided the best way to spend it was to visit my favourite Auckland establishment on the way home. Here's the results:

31378389228_c8bb7c87fa_z.jpg

Like a literal kid in a sweet shop, I went overboard and had some buyer's remorse once unpacked back home; Rancho and Roller are both housed in previously opened boxes, which I didn't realise at the time and I highly suspect that an A Series Ford and tipper trailer are a home made match, though I was hardly stung, at $5 (about £2.50). Nice to add a vintage Tomica to a collection, whatever the condition. The Sikus and Majorette Visa were big coin for what they were but I didn't have any of them and they're all mint and unboxed, so I can get my sticky mits on them guilt free, which is a win.

Last time I posted up stuff I'd bought, I used some old books as an interesting backdrop to take photos with, so I thought this time I'd try again. Only, I went a bit overboard, as I think I was just enjoying the free time to muck about on something pointless purely for fun, unlike recent bouts of mucking about on something pointless whilst getting paid.

43440026740_efd3347909_z.jpg

Bought (or actually, thrown in for nowt) simply for the mere fact it isn't anything like what it purports to be:

45203634712_7c27da4b34_z.jpg

43439168150_7d3cc7e770_z.jpg

Mercedes were bought from a 'buy 2, get 2 free' bundle deal and I quite enjoy Matchbox castings of this era. I have half an idea to make some canvas load covers for these, so let's see if that idea ever eventuates.

43439168780_8baf142fa0_z.jpg

Bought purely because it's the closest I'll ever get to owning a model version of my Visa GTi. Got to admit that it's not my favourite Majorette casting but I suppose they've made worse (Honda Accord, for instance)

43439170600_3a1eae08cd_z.jpg

There were several Sikus to choose from, all in great condition but thankfully, I had all the other ones on offer (back at my parent's house) so just got the two. I'd like to think that the 7 year old me decided against getting a Siku 190 at the time, on the basis that it looks very little like the real thing, from the C pillar back. Or that it was too similar to the 300E and TE I had. Either way, the back end really is rubbish.

43439174330_55d80a222e_z.jpg

Solido 928 and Polistil Dino GT4 are deviations from my usual prosaic fare but I'd love an early 928 (in gold, brown or silver, with Pascha cloth) and I liked the silly wheels on the Ferrari. The latter is painted a very un-photogenic shade though, especially for an I-phone 4.

43439175750_cfb6b7668b_b.jpg

Turns out the Porsche was quite photogenic, so here it is in a sort of '1980's shady developer parked on wasteland' environment.

30314025757_594b7b0738_z.jpg

Gama Passat had reduced in price by a third since my last visit, so was put in the pile. An Ebay search seems to think I did OK, especially from a shop, which is why I like to buy from there and help support them (and they do discounts on bulk buys). Shame one of the wheel trims isn't chromed but that's a factory defect, I suppose.

30314025247_de11afbaa8_z.jpg

Second, not so good shot added as I liked the profile better.

30314027887_63ff665538_z.jpg

I had one of these as a kid and I think it's perhaps one of my first ever toy cars, so I couldn't resist a mint one in homage.

30314031047_ce860077d2_z.jpg

Sorry for multiple 928s.

44530869734_dae2185952_z.jpg

Always remember wanting one of these as a kid, as I loved the skinny wheels they came on. By 1987/88 when I was buying them, I think only a municiple one in orange was available and I never found one to buy, so this makes up for it. Only took 30 years!

30314033897_f8a666f60e_z.jpg

This was also in the Buy 2 get 2 free deal thing and I liked the fact in came on late, fat wheels. Not seen that on one of these before. Never noticed the Newcastle reg, either. Does the original still exist?

44530868284_c936295da9_z.jpg

As an aside, here's a scene of utter silliness from the 'studio' yesterday. A common practice for a man not many years off 40?!

30314033897_f8a666f60e_z.jpg

This was also in the Buy 2 get 2 free deal thing and I liked the fact in came on late, fat wheels. Not seen that on one of these before. Never noticed the Newcastle reg, either. Does the original still exist?

the earlier version was a sort of gold and had skinny wheels the later orange one gets fat wheels- two of my fave models from smoll person stage of life

Looking at Google images, the earlier gold seems familiar (looks like the shade Opel Diplomats came in) and I think I have/had one of these (again, in my UK-based childhood stash) but definitely with the skinny wheels and - up until this point - what I remembered to be in orange. Seemingly there are a few examples of orange and skinny wheels as an interim, so perhaps that's what I did have.

^^ That's a cracking haul, Jon!

Loving the Siku VW Crew Cab in particular - one of my favourite models ever, and one I just couldn't part with during the recent diecast clear-out.

The Gama Passat is a lovely one too - sounds like a great shop with pretty fair pricing, all things considered.

You suspect correctly, the Matchbox truck and trailer is indeed a bitsa - looks like the red Ford A-Series tractor is a K-27 dating from 1980-82 (which originally came with a trailer and powerboat), while the silver 'Tarmac' trailer would originally have been towed by a K-18 Ford L-series, sold between 1976 and 1982.

post-17915-0-77945900-1539335271_thumb.jpg

post-17915-0-38604900-1539335282_thumb.jpg

Oh, and the backdrops are very much appreciated - it might encourage me to up my game when taking pics!

A mate might be getting some Transits in. Will keep you informed DC. Once the MGB camper gets UK regs on, it will be sorted

Cheers fella, that would be greatly appreciated!

Will be great to see BL's camper chod wearing appropriate plates; then the whole ensemble will look like a very tiny bank holiday in Cleethorpes c.1979...

Cheers on the Bitsa confirmation - now I think about it, I have one of those correct Ford tractor units in my childhood stash, too! Would've been bought second hand from a car boot sale no doubt as it's a little before my time, though don't recall if it has anything to tow or not. Got to say I prefer a tipper to a speedboat, even if an A Series hauling such an item is stretching things a little....

The Siku VW is a great find and again, looking at Ebay, I think I did OK: £5 for a spotless one is pretty good going, especially from a shop. Same price paid for the 190 which seems OK, too. A tenner bought the Gama Passat but I hasten to add, these were pre-discount prices, so they actually cost a smidge less in the end. In fact, the Passat was the priciest item, so it's fair to say that my tastes are in low value rammel.

I have that Siku VW too.  No idea where it came from, but it's definitely from my adult life rather than childhood, and it's in lovely condition.  I think I picked it up because I used to drive a single-cab Bay pickup at work.  I hated that truck!  Fuck it was horrible, no power, no heating, gearchanging was a raffle... oh and when I got a flat tyre one day coming in with half a ton of apples aboard, I tried to jack it up using its own jack and it just bent!  So I keep hold of the Siku, to remind me (as if I needed it) not to go near one of those again.

It's still a lovely model though.

In the same job we had two T25 single-cab pickups.  So in my project box I have two of the old Matchbox T25 ambulance, cut down, waiting for either end of a long plastic flatbed trailer to make the load beds.  Will I ever finish them?  Who knows!  Now Matchbox do a pickup, but of course it's the crewcab, so would still need surgery.

A369 GFV and C279 KCK, if anyone ever sees them......

This is finished. The green tinted window broke on removal, but can be replaced in time, as the base just clips in on this one. Anyway, I think Lesneys without interior mouldings look better without glass! I'm not even going to silver the grille on this, as the detail will get a bit lost I think.

post-20084-0-88184300-1539328355_thumb.jpg

post-20084-0-89945500-1539328373_thumb.jpg

100% paint removal  :-D

attachicon.gifccc 116.jpg

Take axles off as the wheels are plastic...

Blowlamp   :-D

attachicon.gifccc 117.jpg

attachicon.gifccc 118.jpg

No paint left  :-D

:shock:  :shock:

attachicon.gifccc 119.jpg

attachicon.gifccc 120.jpg

Only joking !   :mrgreen:

I've changed  the  wheels for some gooder ones.. paint's still wet.

post-17940-0-53910500-1539377627_thumb.jpg