Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

Well, I dropped on a pair of bargains via faceache. Tincorner mk3 Vanguards go fir stupid money, especially the 1600L, and I also got from the same petson the now rare Sierra Sappy GLS, wait for it.................................. £30 the pair shipped. I darent look how much ebay prices are for the tincorner. Both are the full Trebor. Hnnnnnnnngspaff

post-5211-0-54456600-1539707477_thumb.jpg

Well, I dropped on a pair of bargains via faceache. Tincorner mk3 Vanguards go fir stupid money, especially the 1600L, and I also got from the same petson the now rare Sierra Sappy GLS, wait for it.................................. £30 the pair shipped. I darent look how much ebay prices are for the tincorner. Both are the full Trebor. Hnnnnnnnngspaff

IMG_20181016_145233.jpg

Ohhh nice, I'm just after popping each of these into one of my display cases when I was rejigging them over the weekend. All Ford (but not all my Fords) in this one.

post-17915-0-77780700-1539711836_thumb.jpg

The blue Cortina's box still has the £11.99 price sticker on it...  :shock: I still forget that Vanguards are now over the £30 mark for new releases, and much much more for certain older ones. I mean, they're decent models and all, but wow...

£30 the pair, all in, is a flipping bargain these days! Ford Tax, hey?

The second case is a random mix of models, some of which haven't seen the light of day for a while. Planning on trying to re-jig them once a month or so, to actually start enjoying them after years in the attic!

post-17915-0-42333300-1539711903_thumb.jpg

They left a blooper in, when they had that tincorner estate with the desk on the roof, they twatted a kerb hard and bent the suspension, next time you see that episode of Bogie n Foil, watch it carefully. I bet that whoops ste filming back a bit

Despite my relative business on here of late, I am still busy with work, too, which means invoicing and tax stuff - ugh! Still, yesterday I got paid a small fortune partly to drive a 1986 8-tonne UD Condor (with a 4 speed 'box!!!), so I guess it isn't all bad. Plus, it pays for silly stuff, thus:

44650658754_06027ecaa5_b.jpg

Another Playart Opel Senator, to accompany the yellow forebear seen going the other way. 

44460899055_062c84785c_b.jpg

I've also had a stab at making a canopy for my Unimog, after remembering I had an old tent in the garage, festering in a raggedy old material bag. Said bag has proven rather too thick to make anything too satisfying but the process has highlighted two things:

1. I really need to tidy my garage out and rid it of a lot of useless crap (including a full sized car)

2. My levels of procrastination when it comes to invoicing and tax stuff are extremely strong. If only I could put as much vim/vigour into such activities, I'd probably be a grown-up by now.  

Ok, so this corgi Aston has a rivetted in 'engine' unit. Dilemma, dump it all in caustic soda which means a lot of masking up when repainting and possibly hand painting the engine bay. Or drill out, which is more convenient, but may lead to more problems on reassembly? Views?

post-20084-0-86292300-1539793721_thumb.jpg

Has anyone any idea of the value of the 3 i posted on page 273?

As i'm not to sure what to do with them.

Mmm... so you've an Ertl American Muscle 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner in Jamaica Blue, a Bburago Jaguar E-type DHC, and a Maisto Jaguar MkII...

Of the three 1/18s, the Plymouth is probably least common - but unfortunately also seems to be in the worst condition, as it appears to be missing a front bumper, mirrors etc. The E-type looks like it has a few scrapes, while the MkII looks not too bad overall.

These don't tend to be worth megabucks even when mint and boxed (the Plymouth might, but I had difficulty shifting my boxed American Muscle models for a tenner - even though they fetch good coin in the USA), so I wouldn't expect they'd be all that valuable, sadly. The size and weight of 1/18 can also make postage a bit of a hassle.

At a guess, based on my own sales, I'd say a fiver each would be about right. Though I'd love to be proved wrong!

Best of luck if you're looking to move them on!

How on earth did I fail to notice these??????????

Heh, most of them I shifted back in 2010 when I liquidated the majority of my 1/18 collection before a house move - so long before I was on here!

I'd thought the American Muscle stuff would go quickly though, but the Bburago, Polistil, Maisto and Solido models were much more popular. I think I was knocking them out at 3 for £20 by the end, just to shift them...

I'd kept the 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS back, but eventually put it up for sale on here over the summer - it was one of the very last to go (and I'll have to check whether it even went to someone on here, or sold at one of the car boot sales in July).

Sorry about that!

Oh well, no problem!  I may even have bought one or two if you put them on ebay.  Do you remember sending any to Cyprus?

Nope, not me - I avoid Ebay like the plague for sales. All the American Muscle were sold at car boot sales - from riffling back through my sales charts, the blue Chevelle went at the bootsale on 7 July this year... for £8. :o

post-17915-0-92941500-1539858582_thumb.jpg

post-17915-0-44979800-1539858620_thumb.jpg

Should have thought to ask you, apologies!