Curborough Shitevent - Sept 18

The Moog

Sprint Event   

13 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in coming to a sprint event in September?

• Yes
    • No

I mentioned this in passing last December but with the warmer weather I am thinking of seeing if we have the numbers for a shite event. 

It is a sprint course that we can hire out for the day- https://www.curborough.co.uk/  

It is the short sprint course that can normally be booked - means that no extra marshals etc are needed. 

Limit would be 30 cars in total which would mean about £30 each for the day. 

Before I spend time phoning around to get dates etc can you say if you would be interested  attending - this is all non binding.

If I only have a few people interested then I will leave it for now. 

So if you are potentially interested in coming 15th September (Date subject to change) at £30 a car (can have more than one driver per car but not at same time)  vote accordingly 

Will leave poll open for a week to see how we get on 

I'd love to, but as things stand I can't commit to anything, especially as it would rely on me fixing a car first.

Little Daihatsu needs a head-gasket replacing as someone blew it by turning the boost up. In my defence I didn't set it above the manufacturers limit, just to it ;)

Just to answer some comments

1) i will check but we might need helmets on day - if people are happy to share that might be ok .

2) any car is good - if DW is doing it in 2cv then a diesel auto will be fine. It is about your smoothness and driving skill rather than outright speed.

3) If you want to have a go and don't have a car I am sure there will be cars to share - I am more than happy for people to borrow the MX-5 to have a go

4) I will have to pay out for this up front so will need a lot least 30 yes for me to take it further.

Not sure about helmets. Having been sideways around this track as a very excited passenger in a Le Mans D-Type, the folk running the place clearly didn't seem to bothered about safety gear. No helmets were worn. We even had photographers littering the infield. Can't say I'd recommend that! (they had hi-vis jackets, so clearly it was safe).

Probably, but a bit beyond what I would be up for organizing. One thing about this place is that most people do what they say they will etc. 

I could imagine it will be a bit of an organisational nightmare - not something that fills me with joy. At end of the day I would have to put up the £900 and if it is people I dont know then I will struggle I think to get it back.

Alternative is to have less cars but charge more. So 15 cars at £60 for the day - still a cheap day out for people and would get more runs