Honda Accord Coupe 2.0 Vtec - £170

Jim Bell

Me too, it looks a honey!  Just my kind of spec too.  Dammit...

It would suit you down to the ground Eddy, remember this is a Yank designed and built Honda and as such is very quiet, very comfy and bloody fast thing when you need it to shift, it will drink pez at an alarming rate though.

It's definately more Legend size vs a standard accord.

It is a real no brainer. I'd hazard a guess a sensible offer would secure this (scrap is terrible at the minute) and it's odds on someone could do sod all to it and knock it out for a few quid profit, without even trying.

Had I not spunked a few quid on more shit, I'd honestly be making a wank offer for it and pricing up trains to nearly Scotland.

It is a real no brainer. I'd hazard a guess a sensible offer would secure this (scrap is terrible at the minute) and it's odds on someone could do sod all to it and knock it out for a few quid profit, without even trying.

Had I not spunked a few quid on more shit, I'd honestly be making a wank offer for it and pricing up trains to nearly Scotland.

You are not helping:)

It is a real no brainer. I'd hazard a guess a sensible offer would secure this (scrap is terrible at the minute) and it's odds on someone could do sod all to it and knock it out for a few quid profit, without even trying.

Scrap really is on it's arse at the mo, a mate on a Landy site just weighed in a bare Discovery shell and got £24.62 for it......

Exactly, so with that in mind (and a bit of being a bastard/ambulance chasing) I'd be offering around £125 for that and seeing what happens. The £75 saved (assuming they accept the offer) should pay most of anyone's train fare and perhaps a few quid for their fuel, too. 

Guest Lord Sward

You'll be lucky to collect it this weekend.  The Great North Run separates that from you soft southern ponces. Except theres few from the north in the run these days.

Just to bring an end to the wringing of hands and fevered non-action, I've bought it.

I'll give it a good going over, run it around a bit and put it in for an MOT.

If all is well, it'll be up for sale without time restraint, with a full ticket and at a reasonable price.

At least it's out from under the bridge-hammer and has another chance to make some fucker happy.

I'll start a new thread for the collection on Saturday morning. Including vids of the first attempt at starting it (after I've paid for it) and the epic 46 second drive home. The missus will be piloting, due to moderate ongoing knee knack.

Good save WW. A Honda like this just won't die, so to see one needlessly scrapped is a real waste. I've experienced the same engine in a Prelude, and they want for nothing but routine maintenance and ATF changes. The ~140bhp will pull reasonably well, it's more than enough but I suspect it might struggle a bit compared to a Prelude.

No HBOL exists for this IIRC, but Old Man has the Chilton workshop manual for the US version (because it also covers Mk5 Preludes). I might be able to convince him to pass it on to a future owner for a few quid as I don't see him buying another Honda any time soon.

Good save WW. A Honda like this just won't die, so to see one needlessly scrapped is a real waste. I've experienced the same engine in a Prelude, and they want for nothing but routine maintenance and ATF changes. The ~140bhp will pull reasonably well, it's more than enough but I suspect it might struggle a bit compared to a Prelude.

No HBOL exists for this IIRC, but Old Man has the Chilton workshop manual for the US version (because it also covers Mk5 Preludes). I might be able to convince him to pass it on to a future owner for a few quid as I don't see him buying another Honda any time soon.

It's no Prelude, it's more of a slimmed down Legend.

Theres no HBOL but the Honda Workshop manuals turn up quite often, several downloads avaliable as well, my copy cost me about £35 but seem to cover just about everything you need.

Top save Mr Wilson, parts should be cheapish but dont share a lot of compatibility to the UK accords, apart from some of the 2.3 type Vs so be careful if you buy parts.

http://www.rockauto.co.uk/seem to stock a lot of teh V6 coupe parts, dont know about the 2.0.

I'm gonna start saving my pennies for when this comes up again.

That's just my own way of talking myself out of it. I'm getting married in 14 days.

You could try it as a test of long-term compatibility, buy a shit car just before the wedding and if there are no complaints go through with the wedding, if not run for the hills.

Or you could buy it now and collect in two weeks

Edited by anonymous user