Six Cylinders Motoring Notes

Six-cylinder

the rain is coming your way we had it all night.

I chickened out of 5 hours plodding up in the camper in poor weather.

I've found some CF2 spares;  I don't think top and bottom hoses for a petrol engined CF2 will be much help although a distributor cap  may fit the Manta? 

I know I bought a CF2 specific lower ball joint and it must be be somewhere in the garage. I was told that CF2s were being scrapped from want of the lower ball joint.  I don't think I managed to find a second one.

I completely overlooked this event which looks right up my street. Annoyingly I'm about 10 miles away too.

I'm currently trying to avoid doing the domestic duties which are expected of me at the moment and I'm going to Silverstone to watch the broom broom racing tomorrow (I love me some 3 cylinder Citroen racing).

I will endeavour to attend in the future (I'll use the Missus Panda, as it'll fit right in)

Just now, Tadhg Tiogar said:

It was Total-branded for a while, but I think BP now runs it. Google Street View has both versions, depending on which angle you view it!

Funny enough, when it was mentioned, I looked it up. Google implies that it's Gulf.

Was a Ssangyong dealership for a while and often sells classic cars. It's a proper weird service station - not easy to pull into, especially going towards MK.

If there's anyone local, would love to hear other stories - I'm sure it has loads.

Talking of local, those of you who know Leighton Buzzard may be surprised to hear that the local Kia dealer (who were Kia long before it became fashionable - think Pride and Rio) Grovebury Cars, is no longer. An interesting dealership - in the last 20 years it's been Kia, Ssangyong, Chevrolet and briefly Hyundai. It's been there for absolute donkeys years, but I believe the owner was getting on a bit. I find it interesting, because selling those "not so popular" brands, you'd see their stickers all over the country.