I love French shite

af1

Hi I don't know if I ever did give an introduction

I love French shite

My mrs thinks anything over 2 years is old and that it's logical to drop £1000s on a new car to pay £30 road tax

Anyway I just sold my 2006 330d through one of those we will buy your camel sites (awaiting pickup and their lower offer)

And am getting back Into shite

Despite working 50hrs plus a week I can no longer afford a yuppie motah

I'm not sure if what I have just purchased is shite by your standards but I know I won't be getting any how's your father for a long time

Hopefully it should be a pretty epic collection thread

Peace out

Well, is a 306 rallye, one of only 500 made

200 white 200 red and 100 black

I believe the rallye name stems back from

The talbot samba?

Basically it's a 306 gti-6 with a lot of *weight saving* **less spec**, for example it doesn't have electric windows, electric mirrors or air con etc.

It still has the same 167bhp 2.0 6 speed unit as a gti-6.

In the early '90s peugeot released the series 1 106 rallye, which was a homologation special where only 1000 were ever sold in the uk.

I may or may not have one of these too.

I must admit that i am a bit apprehensive to see the back of the BMW which i bought after a catastrophic failure on my 6 year old 80,000 mile mk5 golf gti.

The bmw is a great car for cruising up and down the motorway and is obscenely quick but is just a bit vague around town and not only that, it's also a bit dull looking.

I have owned about 5 or so 306's in my life time and this one has always been the holy grail to me so looking forward to getting it.

"Anyway I just sold my 2006 330d"

And  just a week after resale the engine will mutate into a random bill generator. Well done.

Obviously I hoped it was going to be an Avantime or a CX Ambulance based camper but a 306 2dr is as sweet as a 90s hatchback gets.

There was also the 205 Rallye of '88, with the 103bhp quad-Weber carb 1294cc as is in the early (first) 106 Rallyes - with GTI 1.6 seats but sub-GTI instruments and other interior trim plus a paucity of sound-deadening, no electric mirrors etc...

Sadly, it was watered down fairly quickly with the 75bhp TU3 engine (not even the 85bhp TU3S of the GT/SR!!) and approximately-GR trim :( .

In the UK, anyway; in Germany, they got the early/first catalysed 1.9GTI engine with 105bhp...

So, the we will buy your goat man is coming in an hour, bmw has had the finest of Eastern European washes and looks sparkly!

Looking like a bit of Wednesday to pick up the Peugeot so that leaves me two days without a car

National rail train app is saying over 5 hrs from my sunny part of kent to South Wales.. However that factors in an hour to get from Victoria to Paddington!

I'm pretty sure I have walked it quicker than that!