The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

On 26/01/2024 at 20:35, Back_For_More said:

Whilst pondering my sanity with the horror show that is the P6 - I dragged this out of the cellar drying room and charged the battery up.... 

IMG_20240126_212838.thumb.jpg.c44bb416e4f4d38d2ada34aefc6ba25f.jpg

Started up first time. Throttle twist grip repaired and it's running great. 

GF not happy with the smell of 2 stroke throughout the downstairs though 🙄

gorgeous machines them, I had the 1996 chesterfield schemed one.

3 hours ago, Stinkwheel said:

Looks more like the actual 125cc twin (as used in the honda CB125TD etc back in the day)

I thought that at first glance when I saw one parked up a few years ago then realised it was a twin port single and the rocker cover looked CG shaped. Started me thinking about the K1 CG l have and a 50's French twin port 2 stroke hardtail I saw.

Lexmoto? I'm out of touch with all the Chinese bikes but this looks like the head....

Screenshot_20240306_195014_eBay.thumb.jpg.357fbc9104c52c12839be21a9430a744.jpg

On 03/03/2024 at 21:38, Cavcraft said:

GR8 fun today.

First off, a ride out to New Brighton.  Think there were 35-40 setting off and we met some others there...

May be an image of 4 people, all-terrain vehicle, motorcycle and crowd

Have to say it's a whole lot more fun going on run on a scooter than a bike. There's this weird sort of feeling when you roll into another town (especially by the sea) that you're some how invading it, albeit in a friendly way.  Ordinarily would have gone on the modern 4 stroke auto, but having had some work done to the Lambretta (including having the absolutely f*cked rear shock replaced with a nice new one) I used that instead.  Don't know about global warming, but asthma levels through the roof due to following some of the livelier Italians.

Anyhow, got back fairly reasonably so what better use of an hour or so than to fire the little Suzuki up and go down to the river.  One of these is a sporty, highly desirable 2T bike that changed the face of motorcycling in the early 1980s. The other is an RD250LC...

May be an image of 5 people, motorcycle, scooter, dirt bike and text

It's going absolutely great, despite the weigh penalty it has to endure.  Would imagine these would struggle to hit 30mph (and some say 27 was as good as it got) back in the day, but this was sitting at 40 for a short while and pulls beautifully getting there.

Inadvertently ended up at the tail end of some sort of bike club coming through town. They were leaving  a pub to cheers and whoops and claps from people so I beeped the horn and waved which surprisingly* seemed to bemuse some of the onlookers that waved back.  

Only one overtake, a  lad on a Deliveroo scooter but they all count somehow.

Ye gods I remember Coburn and Hughes in Luton selling OR50s for £399 brand new back in 80/81. Nobody from my school dare buy them for the ridicule they’d have suffered😂

Popped into a Halfords off the North circular the other day to garb some mirror glass for the little Renault and found this peddle cycle with a motor and number locked to the cycle rack outside. I thought some here might appreciate it. Very much a used classic complete with lashings of oil and grease and a gaffer taped seat. Lovely.

IMG_9496.thumb.jpeg.c4776ec2be61f5df6a86d77ef3cfa47b.jpeg

12 hours ago, Snake Charmer said:

I thought that at first glance when I saw one parked up a few years ago then realised it was a twin port single and the rocker cover looked CG shaped. Started me thinking about the K1 CG l have and a 50's French twin port 2 stroke hardtail I saw.

Lexmoto? I'm out of touch with all the Chinese bikes but this looks like the head....

Screenshot_20240306_195014_eBay.thumb.jpg.357fbc9104c52c12839be21a9430a744.jpg

Thats looks much more like it

2 hours ago, Rustybullethole said:

Popped into a Halfords off the North circular the other day to garb some mirror glass for the little Renault and found this peddle cycle with a motor and number locked to the cycle rack outside. I thought some here might appreciate it. Very much a used classic complete with lashings of oil and grease and a gaffer taped seat. Lovely.

IMG_9496.thumb.jpeg.c4776ec2be61f5df6a86d77ef3cfa47b.jpeg

Raleigh wisp maybe?

After having issues with the busa's brakes for a couple of years I sorned it last autumn and let the MOT run out.

Today I removed the calipers as they need an overhaul. I need to see who has a good reputation before I part with folding.

20240323_165003.jpg.228e8e455284604593b24ba62d681b71.jpg

I had a GSXR once with the same or very similar calipers and I did them myself.

All they really need is the corrosion/rubbish cleaning out from round the seals, I found a small rotary brush on a Dremel worked brilliantly.

On mine most of the seals were even reusable.

Mixed bag, today. The SS50 had been away for engine work, and it took a long while to get it back. My mate had to re-do bits of the wiring, because I'd tried to fit a modern 50cc manual engine and it wouldn't work because it was CDi.

Anyhow, he sorted the wiring 'til we had a spark, and what do you know, after a few kicks it bloody well started! Got it running for 20 or 30 seconds, knocked it off then refitted the clutch cable (had to unseize it first), fitted the gearbox sprocket and the chain and tried again. Bastard won't start. 

HondaSS50andCB50J.jpg.767817f642cd0a13dcf931aabb682741.jpg

(That photo is form when we fitted the CDi engine that didn't work)

2 hours ago, Bren said:

After having issues with the busa's brakes for a couple of years I sorned it last autumn and let the MOT run out.

Today I removed the calipers as they need an overhaul. I need to see who has a good reputation before I part with folding.

20240323_165003.jpg.228e8e455284604593b24ba62d681b71.jpg

Fuck them off and put a set of 4 pot nissins on instead . Done a few for customers and they are so much better. 

Not technically 2 wheels, but there's two reasons I bought this:

1) Just because

20240325_153821.jpg.c4faa9281c8aad2abf544514bfa2bccf.jpg

2) It has a CB50J engine and a spare motor is quite handy.

CBA aside, I'll get it running better, drop the engine and maybe find some shit Chinese thing to fill the gap.

23 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Not technically 2 wheels, but there's two reasons I bought this:

1) Just because

20240325_153821.jpg.c4faa9281c8aad2abf544514bfa2bccf.jpg

2) It has a CB50J engine and a spare motor is quite handy.

CBA aside, I'll get it running better, drop the engine and maybe find some shit Chinese thing to fill the gap.

Excellent work again, I've still got that zx9r engine sat here, also got a VF 750 engine and a Z750 engine minus the cams and shims, you know you want to

On 26/03/2024 at 08:57, doug said:

Wanted something reliable, comfortable,cheap so just bought this. Boring as fuck. It might grow on me but somehow doubt it. Think it might need new spark plugs.9e582fb39996291900eb500d354f3912.jpgcd36817ac08b715f5b7e09ce13ea0469.jpg

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk

Anything with two wheels is fun though hey. My mate loved his naked version. They're pretty bombproof too. 

Plug looks a good shout though it may be just fine just the drain holes blocked rusting the top.

it may be just fine just the drain holes blocked rusting the top.

Thanks for the info, didn’t know about the drain holes. I will check that tonight.

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk

The Honda is back!  They fitted new chain & sprockets, re-fitted the shocks but most importantly put the Vespa screen which will hopefully keep some of the rain at bay, as well as add another 30mph due to the aerodynamics

May be an image of motorcycle, dirt bike and text

Yep "it's running and just needs the carbs tickled and tweaked" has not gone so well 🤣

IMG_20240403_153420932.jpg.bda9ed4479b47b18e2fcc99f7d2ec34e.jpg

Head fell off. Cannot get the right hand cylinder up to temperature and can't get the idle and revving to work well. When running the right hand cylinder is staying very cool and pulling the plug lead doesn't affect the idle at all. Unlike the other side. Got spark got fuel. Uff.

Found problems already with the gasket clearly having been leaking towards the bottom but also I don't think that the exhaust valve is sealing properly. The right hand exhaust was popping and back firing which adds to that suspicion.

IMG_20240403_153406989.jpg.e43438d3b3e1a95dde224530db1f3559.jpg

Looks shocked at being exposed to the world. As far as I can see the bore and piston are in good enough condition so a look at what's up with the valve and a new (pair of, might as well do them both) head gaskets and then we'll see what's broken next. 😂