The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

5 hours ago, tom13 said:

Recently acquired TDM850.

Nice feeling bike. Excited to get out on it. Sounds lovely with the aftermarket exhaust.

PXL_20240211_124512320.jpg

PXL_20240211_124520510.jpg

Good mate has one , and it's in my care at the moment. It needs a new battery ... He's gonna owe me a few pints cos it looks like a whole mornings work!

3 minutes ago, Barry Cade said:

Good mate has one , and it's in my care at the moment. It needs a new battery ... He's gonna owe me a few pints cos it looks like a whole mornings work!

As in a whole morning to do a battery?

10 minutes ago, tom13 said:

As in a whole morning to do a battery?

Yeah, with some coffee involved.. It's in a stupid place. Here it is with my bucket of bolts R1100s. Tha battery was a hassle with that too..

20210913_172405.jpg

A mate just sent me this vid i haven't watched it all the way through shall save till i have more time though looks good so thought worth a share here.

On 13/02/2024 at 20:27, Barry Cade said:

Yeah, with some coffee involved.. It's in a stupid place. Here it is with my bucket of bolts R1100s. Tha battery was a hassle with that too..

20210913_172405.jpg

Tank off or lifted at the rear if anything like my gs. Snapped the fuel pipe like a twat the first time i did mine. 

A new horse has entered the stable. Ridden loads over the years though this is both the first scooter I have owned and the exact model of two wheeled petrol powered conveyance I ever rode.

IMG_9366.thumb.jpeg.ee02de1442bad4784918cf79c8a6ae00.jpeg

Some light fettling had it tip top. Makes me smile like the idiot I am. 

IMG_9374.thumb.jpeg.e94d67209e66af6a226017a1fe585f90.jpeg

IMG_9375.thumb.png.a1cc9d868212ee4b79315734687bf580.png

Told my youngest they can have it next year when they're 16 to get to college on. They told me to fuck off. To be fair it's probably quicker to walk up the hill to the bus stop.

Cant wait to clock some miles. 

10 hours ago, Rustybullethole said:

Told my youngest they can have it next year when they're 16 to get to college on.

They told me to fuck off. To be fair it's probably quicker to walk up the hill to the bus stop.

I boiught a 50cc and the intention was for my 16YO to use it to go to college on - insurance absolutely spanked her - £900 for a ped that cost £1000

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UltraWomble said:

I boiught a 50cc and the intention was for my 16YO to use it to go to college on - insurance absolutely spanked her - £900 for a ped that cost £1000

I guess i should be thankful. They have free travel till 18 anyway so may as well use that. They used to be into bikes when little both learnt to ride pushbikes before nursery then rev and goes whilst mastering clutch sitting on the tank of my Ural outfit. The youngest was riding clutch and gears unaided at the age of 11. Its kinda fallen into the vast category of uncool dad stuff now they're teens. Maybe its my choice of bikes.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, andyberg said:

I may just pay for this, give me more inspiration for Olga, my 650 solo. Thank you

Do it, then fix that Ural.   I now further regret selling mine  plus have massive travel jealousy not to mention a crush on the fine lady with the nose rings who features not enough as she does the camera work. 

1 hour ago, UltraWomble said:

Crazy prices. No wonder the biking world is all about to die. 10 years or so and there’ll be so few bikers left the dealers and suppliers will fall like flies.  
At 16 it cost me £30 for a 50cc rider policy, same as all my mates and we could all ride each others bikes.  When my two hit sixteen I think we only paid about £400 each for their year on a moped and about the same for subsequent year or two on a 125 until they got car tests.  Both have full bike licences although my daughters is the newer restricted version and will need another test to go unrestricted, but her fella doesn’t ride and together they’re more into their hot hatches.  My lads a waste of space and as things stand doesn’t have much hope of either riding or driving in the near future. We’ve just scrapped his Fabia after it died and he’s not working or earning enough to save for another and the doors of ‘bank of mum n dad’ and locked firmly shut. 

On 24/02/2024 at 22:20, Rustybullethole said:

Tank off or lifted at the rear if anything like my gs. Snapped the fuel pipe like a twat the first time i did mine. 

The tank is aluminium,  hidden under the fairings, so fairings off, then tank out to get to tha battery. 

Setting standards isn't just for cars

20240129_152923.thumb.jpg.a9fee64333ee9abd70355eb3abf7e882.jpg

20240129_152916.thumb.jpg.8a863de551483fa9a5372a1cb88f390d.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It got a little* more interesting after bouncing it round to line up with the ramp once too many times...

20240129_160943.thumb.jpg.1066b757a502da5caf4073ac000bbb96.jpg

20240129_160949.thumb.jpg.ac545f8e6dadeee96b4e2f3cdca0e6a3.jpg

...the swinging arm snapped.

It was actually worth buying because it turned out they had another bike that was (hopefully) worth getting there, too. More of that later.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Cavcraft said:

It got a little* more interesting after bouncing it round to line up with the ramp once too many times...

20240129_160943.thumb.jpg.1066b757a502da5caf4073ac000bbb96.jpg

20240129_160949.thumb.jpg.ac545f8e6dadeee96b4e2f3cdca0e6a3.jpg

...the swinging arm snapped.

It was actually worth buying because it turned out they had another bike that was (hopefully) worth getting there, too. More of that later.

Tiger seal and hammerite should sort that.

Is it a jinlung 125? my mate big Ian had one for a few years and rode it daily including trips to wales. Like all his bikes he wrote it off in the end.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rustybullethole said:

Tiger seal and hammerite should sort that.

Is it a jinlung 125? my mate big Ian had one for a few years and rode it daily including trips to wales. Like all his bikes he wrote it off in the end.

It's a 'Kinroad' but I suspect a lot of these bikes are generic. It's stood in a garden for a few years hence being so bad.

45 minutes ago, Iamgroot said:

😂  Are you by any chance breaking that monstrosity?

He's already broken it mate

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Iamgroot said:

😂  Are you by any chance breaking that monstrosity?

If you can find anything worth having let me know!

This is on in the background. 

Here's my issue, he just starts reading out bible verses for no fucking reason.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

GR8 fun today.

First off, a ride out to New Brighton.  Think there were 35-40 setting off and we met some others there...

May be an image of 4 people, all-terrain vehicle, motorcycle and crowd

Have to say it's a whole lot more fun going on run on a scooter than a bike. There's this weird sort of feeling when you roll into another town (especially by the sea) that you're some how invading it, albeit in a friendly way.  Ordinarily would have gone on the modern 4 stroke auto, but having had some work done to the Lambretta (including having the absolutely f*cked rear shock replaced with a nice new one) I used that instead.  Don't know about global warming, but asthma levels through the roof due to following some of the livelier Italians.

Anyhow, got back fairly reasonably so what better use of an hour or so than to fire the little Suzuki up and go down to the river.  One of these is a sporty, highly desirable 2T bike that changed the face of motorcycling in the early 1980s. The other is an RD250LC...

May be an image of 5 people, motorcycle, scooter, dirt bike and text

It's going absolutely great, despite the weigh penalty it has to endure.  Would imagine these would struggle to hit 30mph (and some say 27 was as good as it got) back in the day, but this was sitting at 40 for a short while and pulls beautifully getting there.

Inadvertently ended up at the tail end of some sort of bike club coming through town. They were leaving  a pub to cheers and whoops and claps from people so I beeped the horn and waved which surprisingly* seemed to bemuse some of the onlookers that waved back.  

Only one overtake, a  lad on a Deliveroo scooter but they all count somehow.

9 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

GR8 fun today.

First off, a ride out to New Brighton.  Think there were 35-40 setting off and we met some others there...

May be an image of 4 people, all-terrain vehicle, motorcycle and crowd

Ya mad man 😅

Still want to blag a ride of your Harley, as tempted to chop the BMW in for one.

7 hours ago, Minimad5 said:

Ya mad man 😅

Still want to blag a ride of your Harley, as tempted to chop the BMW in for one.

Hopefully be back on the road soon, you're more than welcome to try it out.