The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

As we have a thread for trucks and another for buses I thought it's about time we had a thread for all us two wheeled shite lovers. Feel free to lob up pics of your bikes, both past and present. Any amusing stories and tales of epic journeys are more than welcome.

isitcosiberk.jpg

ask dolly about this :D

it hadnt moved for 3-4 months prior to that in 07 i decided as my modern bike (an 07) was having bits done id go on holiday

carb cleanered the carbs pumped up tyres checked fluids booked ferry

calais to boulogne to ypres and bruges all on d roads

belge.jpg

oohneasty.jpg

blx musee alive and well :mrgreen:

retroshitta.jpg

from pogs meets at henlow

ypresgarden.jpg

epic trips?

orkney last summer - 3 days to get there not using motorways then less than 7.5 hours to get home :D

http://s999.photobucket.com/user/shamon ... and%202011

did manc to denmark in 06 with chris rea (last pic :D)

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/hairnet ... nmark%2006

http://s999.photobucket.com/user/shamon ... uly%202011

nw200 and various :D

http://s999.photobucket.com/user/shamon ... %2011%2010

ulster transport museum and photo rally http://www.irishphotorally.com in 2010

been back since not on the bike and got kicked off the train from belfast due to buying wrong ticket :lol:

03052010228.jpg

mad murphs workshop in westmeath :D

02052010188.jpg

went on a trip to clare and...........

ended up like this

02052010198.jpg

oops :D

03052010224.jpg

visited uncle pat on the way back :D

ill fek off now

I'll try & dig out some pics of my proper bikes (new & old) but in the meantime thought you'd all like this.

stuff029_zps29aac5e1.jpg

Bought in a job lot of 4 (from an august/senior member of this forum) its a Honda Kinetic 100cc scooter thingy; now very nearly ready for the road.

Kinetic? Yup Indian market only model, that seems to have been ridden all the way here form northern India. History shows it was ferried across from Northern Africa to Toulon! I fully intend to trace the prev owner to see if I can get the full story.

Can you imagine?

oldpics002_zps8402e5c2.jpg

Early days of Eastern bloc touring on a Honda 750 - to Yalta. Impoverished ,but happy.

I moved on to lengthy sojourns in the sun, buying this on Samos (cheaper than renting for the summer)

oldpics007_zpsfc87f497.jpg

Several months of untroubled tootling demanded I try to get it home. To my suprise the Greek Post Office were happy to send it by land for £80 -so I handed it over on my last day there. 6 weeks later a call from French Customs in Dieppe (couldnt be Uk landed unattended) had me tootling across for several more years relaxing Uk bimbling.

oldpics009_zps769afe34.jpg

SSU 721 -I wonder where you are now?

I moved on to BM's as my youth faded, and long distance comfort became increasingly important.

oldpics010_zps023118f2.jpg

My trusty K100Rs toured far & wide, (this pic on Elba) & is still ready to go today... Pity I'm not!

oldpics026_zps88ca90a5.jpg

My European toy -sadly knicked in St Tropez, but now replaced with a black Blackbird

oldpics027_zps78cffbcd.jpg

Want me to post more odfdities -as I find them?

Early days of Eastern bloc touring on a Honda 750 - to Yalta. Impoverished ,but happy.

That's very impressive, Yalta was two flights, an overnight train and a bus ride for me.

orkney last summer - 3 days to get there not using motorways then less than 7.5 hours to get home :D

http://s999.photobucket.com/user/shamon ... and%202011

You've a shot of the earl's Palace in Birsay with a blue Series 2 Land Rover in the background, I took pictures of that two years prior.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tayne/4740 ... datetaken/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tayne/4740 ... datetaken/

I don't think its going anywhere in a hurry.

In those days Western motorcycles werent allowed into Russia. I had to agree to pay the wages of a personal Policeman to ride with me! Trouble was thier old Urals were no match ,so half the time I was riding their Police bikes whilst my western tat hooned up & down the road on one wheel! Bizarre!

My lasting 3wd memory;

oldpics018_zpsbf2cfe91.jpg

Here's a small suprise/ present I built up for my (ex) wife whilst she was working away briefly. She took it with her when we split

oldpics013_zps5eeb3175.jpg

I ran an old Beezer (650 o.i.f T/bolt)

oldpics015_zpsa070b483.jpg

whilst I rebuilt:

oldpics012_zpsbffe28a4.jpg

Jota was a truly wild beast that needed a Vauxhall Magnum Gel battery in top condition to give it any chance of starting. Still got the BSA, sold the Jota.Too much for me now....

Dont know if this counts -as a 3 wheeler?

Built this little treasure up

oldpics022_zpsd9d5f102.jpg

Before painting this & slipping it over the top (here its off to the paintshop on top of my Standard van)

oldpics021_zps7e0e8159.jpg

to create this

oldpics023_zpsb1bf2bde.jpg

which we secretly shipped up to Preston (from Sussex) to usurp the promised 'fabulous' wedding car I had promised my bride! She knew something was up when this puttered up the path to the church & reversed into the vestry (with Vicars blessing). Should have seen their faces!

The first fairly memorable journey I can recall was on my 1987 KH125. It only had third gear (at the time of the incident) and had a straight through RD250 Micron pipe badly attached.

Went to a party in Neston with a mate on the back, just to try and tap off with some bird I had the hots for who was going. Anyhow a bit of a fight was obviously looming against a sizeable party of plastic scousers who shall we say weren't overly keen on Chester lads. Especially ones who were there to tap off with 'their' birds.

So a stand off occurred, we got covered in beer then decided to do one as it was getting on top a bit as the Neston lot were getting agitated and there was only two of us.

Anyhow with barely a drop of ale touched we pissed off sharpish, bump starting and running with the bike and shot off down the A540 back towards Chester. As the road was really quiet we were just pissing about shouting to each other over the din of the Micron and weaving all over the road as we laughed about the nights proceedings. Everything was going fine then we got stopped by the law who were 'interested' in my riding manner and asked if we'd been drinking or were pissed. I suggested we hadn't (which kind of made us look a bit twattish due to smell of ale plus my riding manner) and the copper asked me to step off the bike.

As I did so the four cans of lager I'd had off fell out of my coat and dropped on the floor right in front of the coppers feet. The only thing to do was to burst out laughing and hope for the best. The copper was great, he laughed his head off, let us on our way and we got home tired, sober and aching with laughter.

I can never get photographs to embed into the body of my messages but this moped was my daily transport until we moved out of Bristol in January.

http://hondacaren.shutterfly.com/pictures#n_5

1982 vintage 600 miles on the clock from new, 1 previous owner and only 6 left registered on how many left. I bought it as it was identical to the one I had when I was 14 in the early '90s.

Well, might as well add my two wheels of shame.

A couple of weeks ago it ran perfectly, was a bit battered and scruffy but solid and looked OK from a distance. My first bike so maybe I have rose-tinted spectacles but it was brilliant. I remember it looked like this:

fd1bdab5-0efe-404c-95a0-be4dcec158f0_zpsc79dcf34.jpg

Alas, it now looks like this.

f6f1ef58-2b96-4572-8837-98a59274e2b6_zpsb720b544.jpg

And will continue to do so until I find a suitable doner frame to replace the one that was written off last year by a previous owner. I'm really hoping I find one before I forget where all the bolts go.

As I started the thread I suppose I'd better contribute.

Tonight I bought this...

58eaa4f1-fcf2-4536-a3b8-46198046369f_zps7f2a768e.jpg

a4c8cb8c-30bc-4d50-ae12-2bb6c2d08c7f_zps01f1d076.jpg

gpz3_zpsa5d5142c.png

It's a Kawasaki GPZ 500, not my first choice of bike but it was cheap and came with a years tax and test. It's the model with the iffy 16" front wheel so whether I gel with it remains to be seen. Needless to say it has totally pissed down since I bought it! The aftermarket exhausts are LOUD and it sounds more like some aincent Norton rather than a sensible middleweight sports tourer, earplugs at the ready!

Before painting this & slipping it over the top (here its off to the paintshop on top of my Standard van)

oldpics021_zps7e0e8159.jpg

to create thiss!

Blimey Nige. I remember that picture from a certain small magazine.

It was just one of those articles that stuck in the mind, that and the bit about wheelbarrow tyres speed rated at 50mph or some such.

I really do need something small and ridiculous like this in my life, but I need to shed at least 6 stone before I do so....

As I started the thread I suppose I'd better contribute.

Tonight I bought this...

58eaa4f1-fcf2-4536-a3b8-46198046369f_zps7f2a768e.jpg

[

The aftermarket exhausts are LOUD and it sounds more like some aincent Norton rather than a sensible middleweight sports tourer, earplugs at the ready!

i had that in my watch list

were you looking at the black one theyd stripped and tidied up as well??

Well, might as well add my two wheels of shame.

A couple of weeks ago it ran perfectly, was a bit battered and scruffy but solid and looked OK from a distance. My first bike so maybe I have rose-tinted spectacles but it was brilliant. I remember it looked like this:

And will continue to do so until I find a suitable doner frame to replace the one that was written off last year by a previous owner. I'm really hoping I find one before I forget where all the bolts go.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/cg-125-frame- ... 2c6ed411ed

some comedians are asking 200 for them but you buy whole ones for that

Thanks, I did see that one, been watching ebay ever day, alas I need a specific model (BR-K) which is 90-94 only. I bought an 89 frame (BR-J) which has crucial differences meaning that a lot of my parts won't fit including the rear subframe so that's going back up for sale.

On the plus side, I've just found a chap selling a whole BR-K on a J plate with a knackered engine so I've made a cheeky offer, waiting to see what he says.

I'd forgotten how cold riding a bike was.

Todays fun and games involve an exhaust gasket blowing on the right cylinder, not too hard to replace but it did make an awful noise. Whilst replacing the offending part (cost a quid) I noticed that the balance pipe between the exhausts doesn't fit properly. Looks like someone has had a few attempts to get it to fit without much success. Needless to say I bodged it with some exhaust bandage and I'll put my thinking cap on later to see what I can do to fix it properly.

Ah, thanks, that got me all excited for a moment. I emailed him, he'd had lots of enquiries but no-one had been to see it. There's good reason for that, I ran a check and it's a CAT B writeoff as well! See, I did learn! Never mind, can't win them all.

must get some pics of my bike shite,including my current MZ ETZ251,complete with goppingly un cool fairing,latest in a long line of MZs (think 2 wheeled Trabant!)

If anyone wants it before Mr S. Crapman, my sisters boyfriend dumped a Kwacker GT550 Shaft drive monster in my back garden when he got a Honda Benly, its rough but complete,with docs etc,wants £100 for it.got a spare engine somewhere for it too.

I love a GPZ500. I've had two - both facelift models though so I've never tried one with the 16" front wheel. Great little bikes, quick enough for 95% of riding and a lot better on juice than a big sportsbike. Cavette, I'm 6'1" and never had any issues comfort-wise.

8176232356_69caa26839.jpg

Honda SGX50 Sky Moped. by Micrashed, on Flickr

The less said about this the better.

8396914611_ac8b3fa9f6.jpg

1988 Honda C90 Cub - G304 OFR by Micrashed, on Flickr

Everyone has to have a ride on a Placca-90 at some point in their life

8288555023_960ea4fb3d.jpg

125 Suzie by Micrashed, on Flickr

Rode this back from Bolton on the motorway, led on the tank to try and make it go faster....

8289614666_061f40ebd6.jpg

Kwakka 500 by Micrashed, on Flickr

Last bike before much pain and metalwork.