The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

Posted Image

This was left in a hanger when I was in the army and no one knew it was there, every now and then some nob cheese gaffer would tell us get it moved or sent back so a few of us hid it in various places, fettled it put some juice in and had a right laugh blasting it about the lanes.

Till one night we walked up to take it for a blast and it had gone. Sad times.

Those 850s are very nice. Whats the story with the T3?

The T3 is an on going project/money pit .

/anorak on. It was Coburn and Hughes press bike in 1975/1976 and features in magazine road tests. It was then fitted with the panniers and fairing and painted white and they tried to sell it to the police. The actual bike features in Mick Walkers book on Moto guzzi. /anorak off

Tidy /\ /\ /\

Not sure if I've added this one before though I just stumbled upon some pictures so here goes.

wuhxePPl.jpg

YsBviBml.jpg

It's a '86 TY250 Mono which I swapped for a non working DTR125 after riding my mates identical one below at a winter trial some years back.

H95dLE0l.jpg

I've had it years now and it's a great little bike. I do yearn for a trial bike with brakes and suspension sometimes but would be a fool to get shot of this, I can see it staying in the family for years needing very little time and money spent on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. Although I find it a bit beige. 2 wheeled Accord.

I sold mine last year, I think that description is about right.  On the plus side, they handle the miles well, they're quite comfortable (I'm 6'1") and because they're so easy to ride they let you concentrate on other things.  Unfortunately you should really be concentrating on the riding, you know, for staying alive and stuff.

Mine did between 37 and 45mpg depending on how fast you go, spares weren't too expensive and once the regulator has a proper cooling attachment they're really reliable.  Quick enough, as any 750 would be.  But not involving at all.

• 2 months later...

I have £300 burning a hole in my wallet and was wondering about a Pulse something or other 50cc, apparently derestricting them is straightforward, though I doubt the top end will be any better than 40 with a following wind. Chinese Kwolity scooterng.

What's the firing interval on an inline two? As in CB500, GS500, ER5

360 or 180... or something else?

360 I think though I'll need to check my HBOL to be sure. 270 is popular too giving the parallel twins a v twin vibe.

Edit; CB500 is 180, jeez I've done thousands of miles on these things I should of known that.

This is my trusty steed at the Dragon Rally a few years back. A rather cold night was spent in the tent next to it, despite an enthusiastic attempt at insulation by alcohol.

10022008590.jpg

Had it around 15 years now, but off the road for the last few. It's not that I would class myself as a fair weather biker, just that it's difficult to splash out a couple of hundred quid in one go to tax, MOT and insure it when it's constantly* raining.

*OK, not constantly but I've kept a weather diary for the last two years. We've had 168 dry days since the beginning of 2012, 3 of them this year. Depressing.

This is my trusty steed at the Dragon Rally a few years back. A rather cold night was spent in the tent next to it, despite an enthusiastic attempt at insulation by alcohol.

10022008590.jpg

Had it around 15 years now, but off the road for the last few. It's not that I would class myself as a fair weather biker, just that it's difficult to splash out a couple of hundred quid in one go to tax, MOT and insure it when it's constantly* raining.

*OK, not constantly but I've kept a weather diary for the last two years. We've had 168 dry days since the beginning of 2012, 3 of them this year. Depressing.

OOh- I got a right bollocking in Amsterdam for parking my BMW like that- I was told that after a "few sherries" when I was dead to the world asleep and didn't hear the torrential rain, the ground could go soft and I would have 230kg of flat twin on top of me. Never thought about it, but do now!

DSC00094.jpg

I hadn't thought about it TBH, but it does remind me of a trip to France with a mate on our bikes. He had a GS500 at the time and we'd just ridden onto a campstite near La Rochelle. We rode around deciding where to pitch up and selected a nice spot coincidentally* next to a couple of girls already camping. My mate goes onto the (sandy) pitch first, and promptly loses his front wheel in the soft ground. Ends up with a laden bike on top of him, shouting out for me to help him.

So I quickly stand mine up and lift his so he can crawl out. Next thing I know my side stand is sinking, and before I know it it's snapped off and the bike is in the dirt, breaking off the LH mirror in the process. So, 30 seconds after getting there we have two bikes laying on their sides, one of the riders on the floor, and bits of broken bike scattered around. Yup, we've arrived!