The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

aha, well my mate who owns it used it himself for around 6 months but hes a bit short in the leg so needed something smaller,it got parked up at the back of my house and sat there ever since,being japanese it prob needs a fair few bits un sticking now but its whole,and not been robbed of bits (maybe the odd plug cap) think its a 90 G off hand.Hes got all the paperwork and keys etc,its going to get weighed in otherwise.

A GT550 was my first instructor bike and in all honesty it was great at the job. The problems start when you try and ride them quickly and the skinny tyres just can't cope. Electric starter was a bit hit and miss and bump starting was a pain in the arse cos of the spring loaded choke slider. The clutch sounded like a Talbot Alpine on its last journey to the weighbridge too. Nice seat for prolonged four hour lessons and nicely balanced for demo feet up U turns. Later ones shared an engine with the 550 Zephyr and is supposed to be a big imporovement. K246ANE I think was it's registration but I might be wrong as I'm shit at remembering numbers. We eventually sold it to a despatcher from London who took it away in a Transit, doubtless bits of it are still going now.

I'm going to get in on a bit of this bike shite action, I've just agreed to go and buy this:

$T2eC16NHJH!FFl4W1Rm(BRk9ohk1dw~~50_47.JPG

phil_lihp, who do you use for your checks? :)

In other bike shite news, the new fuel tap has turned up for this, so hopefully I can get it popping and wheezing again!

20130506_193109.jpg

Cheers,

Mike

phil_lihp, who do you use for your checks?

These guys: http://www.cartextcheck.co.uk/ - 83600. Best £3 I've spent in a while. You get two texts confirming the make, model, VIN number, reg date, whether or not it's changed colour, scrapped, a write-off, stolen and how many owners it's had. With the two bike's I've had come back as a writeoff, it's sent a seperate message confirming the category and the date it happened. Well worth it.

back in 1991 i was 16 and brought a brand new spanker J reg suzuki style...

1991_AE50_white_450.jpg

then this 79cc yamaha beluga...

yamahabelugalargepic.jpg

yamahabeluga.jpg

then one of these (not actually mine but pic for reference) honda vision 50cc

3591992393_8ce87e2ac7_z_zpsbfae013d.jpg

then brought this for commute.. sukida commander 125cc

DSC02497.jpg

IMAG4009.jpg

brought this....non runner standing in someones garden

DSC02154.jpg

DSC02155.jpg

spent money and time and ended up like this..... mot'd on road etc etc..

DSC03907.jpg

DSC03905.jpg

brought this as non runner for the missus.... sukida sportsman 50cc. who changed her mine after few weeks so i kept it till i sold it...

P300809_17530002.jpg

P300809_17530003.jpg

all 3...

P150909_16570001.jpg

now have this.... Peugeot looxor 50cc

2013-05-06172339_zps1cb3f0a7.jpg

2013-05-06172329_zps576b440a.jpg

2013-05-06172320_zps1ff5be5b.jpg

phil_lihp, who do you use for your checks?

These guys: http://www.cartextcheck.co.uk/ - 83600. Best £3 I've spent in a while. You get two texts confirming the make, model, VIN number, reg date, whether or not it's changed colour, scrapped, a write-off, stolen and how many owners it's had. With the two bike's I've had come back as a writeoff, it's sent a seperate message confirming the category and the date it happened. Well worth it.

Sweet! That's a nifty little service! And it all comes back OK :D I wouldn't have bothered but from reading your posts, better safe than sorry. Cheers! :)

Also, I took this for a bez up and down my mates street the other day..

252519_10151619313521203_174225749_n.jpg

It's a jap import FZR400, first time I've ridden a bike with gears!! :D

Great choice with the Yam DT Mike. That's the model you want too, less fussy than the later ones which are still great though these pre face lift 89 - 02 ish are the best. I ran a DT for years on my prov licence as couldn't afford to do the full test. It got used on and off the road and raced in endures embarrassing many a fancy pants race machine whilst scuffing it's L plate with the back tyre on the harder hits.

Yours looks to have an aftermarket spanny and tail pipe which will make it sound if not go a lot better. Swapped my last (broken) one for a '86 Yamaha TY250 after riding my mates one in a trial below.

H95dLE0l.jpg

I'd always fancied a trials bike and it's been super reliable over the years what with it's air cooled 2 stroke simplicity. Quite fancy getting that road registered though haven't got round to doing anything about it yet.

Current do it all shonky donkey daily ride is this K plate NX650. I had to sacrifice the front sprocket guard last weekend when the chain snapped leaving me stranded on the return leg of a off road jaunt in welsh wales land. It's a great bike for the city and the dirt though best suited to the twisty routes on a run which are much more fun to ride anyway.

WECMuMdl.jpg

Current do it all shonky donkey daily ride is this K plate NX650. I had to sacrifice the front sprocket guard last weekend when the chain snapped leaving me stranded on the return leg of a off road jaunt in welsh wales land. It's a great bike for the city and the dirt though best suited to the twisty routes on a run which are much more fun to ride anyway.

WECMuMdl.jpg

drool.gif

singles are ace :D

P230110_1243-1.jpg

got a flat the day before a trip to ireland so flew and borrowed a friends bike

3 year old there and bits missing and not cleaned since bought :D

Picture016.jpg

must go back

Picture037.jpg

cant remember where this was :D

SP_A0742.jpg

shite :D

shite in castlederg :D

irelandsept10076.jpg

Went out with a couple of friends for a little run to Lake Vyrnwy in Wales today. Here's a snap of the bikes in the car park...

002_zpsfbcbab7b.jpg

A CBR600 dating from 1988, my GPZ500 and the GSX600F teapot.

Good fun was had by all, even at the sedate pace set by the CBR rider.

Sadly, about 40 miles from home my GPZ decided that it didn't want to run at over 4500 revs without bogging down. Any ideas as to why?

I got the Mobylette running on Saturday, a new fuel tap, hose, clean of the plug and points and it coughed in to life :D Quite pleased with myself!

Here's a pic of it wheezing round my Mrs' garden, piloted by her little sister :lol:

hazzaped.jpg

My 15 year owned Yam FZR600R turned 60,000 on Friday coming into Ypres on a weekend jaunt.

Shite, worth 27p but still does the job and not afriad to use it :D

I got the Mobylette running on Saturday, a new fuel tap, hose, clean of the plug and points and it coughed in to life :D Quite pleased with myself!

Here's a pic of it wheezing round my Mrs' garden, piloted by her little sister :lol:

hazzaped.jpg

very nice

A really bad person would photoshop one of the AS gang in place of that moped. I can't do photoshop but I do have a very good imagination.