Rustybullethole Posted September 25 Posted September 25 (edited) 1 hour ago, hairnet said: Burp Cross channel ferry? Where you off to this time? Quite warm today riding across town. My trusty Arai was a bit itchy. It’s a little beyond its best before though has never been used in anger so I still consider it safe to use. Very overdue a wash mind so set about it this evening. DISGUSTING 🤢 cheek pads can come out and go through the machine though the rest needs bathing in the sink. The water was the darker brown of these pages! Hopefully it drys out ok and looks a little fresher, it’s never been stinky though was far filthier than can be considered ok! I really like my open face, it’s a cheap wulf sport trials lid and is always my first choice despite the full face Arai and another (again past its best) off roady Arai with a visor. One of those adventure lids. The peak is shit at speed on the road though good for blocking the sun. It’s chuffing noisy and not the best fitting lid I’ve had. Miss you Shoei, served and saved my nogging well, RIP brave soldier. Long and short is I fancy/need a new one. Been keeping my eyes out for a flip one. Best of both maybe? Just done a buy on Vinted. Risky I know, shall give it a once over when it arrives of course and back it if it’s fucked. Has the stickers on the visor mind so never worn. Always buy the best you can afford. £25 quid it is then. This may be well be not everyone’s way of thinking and i respect that though for me worth a gamble to give a flip up lid a go. Ultimately I only wear a helmet to keep my head dry in the rain an avoid unwanted attention from the man. Edited September 25 by Rustybullethole Rustyrotavator 1
hairnet Posted September 25 Posted September 25 9 minutes ago, Rustybullethole said: Cross channel ferry? Where you off to this time? Furrin My trusty Arai was a bit itchy. MATRON Nothing worse than itchy helmet Cavcraft and Rustybullethole 1 1
twosmoke300 Posted September 26 Posted September 26 On 23/09/2026 at 21:33, Cavcraft said: Good batteries those gel ones, 'netty. My experience of motobatt batteries isn’t great . They do crank well when new and the 3 cyl triumphs definitely appreciate the high cca rating but they just don’t last . Had several fail in less than a year . Yuasa all day long and twice on Sundays Cavcraft, Stinkwheel and Barry Cade 1 1 1
hairnet Posted September 26 Posted September 26 Previous motobatt had been in the 750 almost as long as I'd had it It had a shit cheapo in it and as now as then wasn't using it regularly With the yellow wonder never had a problem even over covid or medical when it only git used once every fortnight fir 6 months Barry Cade and Cavcraft 2
93fxdl Posted Wednesday at 14:42 Posted Wednesday at 14:42 Latest parts delivery from the land of the rising son, a used JDM yoshimura cyclone 4 into 1, needs some tlc, it's to fit a Kawasaki 1100 zephyr, might be adapting it for one of our other big zeds or maybe selling it on, only time will tell,. Shipping and duty costs were crippling, so unlikely will be bringing over any more exhaust systems Have two more shipments currently between Japan and here, but the won't arrive for another 2 to 3 months Ttfn Glenn Stinkwheel 1
Barry Cade Posted Wednesday at 16:54 Posted Wednesday at 16:54 On 26/09/2026 at 09:37, twosmoke300 said: My experience of motobatt batteries isn’t great . They do crank well when new and the 3 cyl triumphs definitely appreciate the high cca rating but they just don’t last . Had several fail in less than a year . Yuasa all day long and twice on Sundays Not often I disagree with you, but my experience is the exact opposite!
twosmoke300 Posted Wednesday at 16:55 Posted Wednesday at 16:55 Just now, Barry Cade said: Not often I disagree with you, but my experience is the exact opposite! Are knock off ones a thing ? Barry Cade 1
Barry Cade Posted Wednesday at 17:01 Posted Wednesday at 17:01 1 minute ago, twosmoke300 said: Are knock off ones a thing ? Its possible.. i got nobbled by a fake NGK plug on the ZZR.. lucky escape! I've long suspected Yuasa have either been dropping quality or are counterfeit. Suppose its more profitable to copy the big names. 93fxdl, Tickman and twosmoke300 1 2
twosmoke300 Posted Wednesday at 17:03 Posted Wednesday at 17:03 1 minute ago, Barry Cade said: Its possible.. i got nobbled by a fake NGK plug on the ZZR.. lucky escape! I've long suspected Yuasa have either been dropping quality or are counterfeit. Suppose its more profitable to copy the big names. Wonder if I had fake motobatt batteries ? Barry Cade 1
Barry Cade Posted Wednesday at 17:30 Posted Wednesday at 17:30 27 minutes ago, twosmoke300 said: Wonder if I had fake motobatt batteries ? Kinda topical- I've got one in my Tiger, been in there 5 years with no problems. Went to go for a run yesterday and it just wasn't enough to fire. These 1050s were notorious for needing very good batteries, and people always uprate the battery cables. Mine is factory and never had an issue until yesterday- it even survived a knackered stator. I reckon it might be time for another Motobatt. Hopefully it'll do another 5 years! twosmoke300 1
Rustybullethole Posted Thursday at 08:20 Posted Thursday at 08:20 Say what you like about younguns riding dirt bikes on the street though there’s no denying skills. Stinkwheel 1
hairnet Posted Friday at 10:26 Posted Friday at 10:26 Massive disapoint More huskies than Belgian lol Even tho they listed it they only had the small stuff or 500 bikes
hairnet Posted Friday at 10:27 Posted Friday at 10:27 All the h looked the same until you looked at the sheet 250 300 450 martc and Rustybullethole 2
Rustybullethole Posted Saturday at 14:03 Posted Saturday at 14:03 Did some research on the as new Vinted lid, after i bought it! New on temu 30 quid! Am ignoring the call to pick it up from the locker, bit of a dick move though don't feel too bad as they’re trying to pass off a bucket as safety head gear. I asked about with my mates and after lots of piss taking found I could buy the flip up with the red bits and legally sell weed or go for a hjc run out model for a oner which looked like it would fit the bill. Long time since I’ve had a new one, worth working all the extra to afford a treat. Cardo and sunglasses fit nice and stay comfy, great vision in closed attack mode. Happy days. Stinkwheel 1
ianbmw Posted Saturday at 14:33 Posted Saturday at 14:33 I’m more a car guy than a bike guy so I’m hoping for some unbiased advice here. My son is about to do his CBT and wants a 50cc road bike. His too big for this KX and since the engine was rebuilt, he hasn’t used it other than riding it around the garden……it’s a shame for it to be sat under the workbench…….where it had been for the last few years. I’ve ordered a new set of grips for it and the missing screw for the plastic, I’m not one for shiny in one for original. I believe its a 1995 so it’s no spring chicken, but I’m not sure how much of an impact age has on these things. So the question is, what’s a realistic value on for it? From my scout around I want to say around a grand(ish) but without any knowledge . just to stress this is isn’t a advert, I’m just after some guidance for people that are into bikes y Rustybullethole, Snake Charmer and Stinkwheel 3
Stinkwheel Posted Saturday at 15:11 Posted Saturday at 15:11 36 minutes ago, ianbmw said: I’m more a car guy than a bike guy so I’m hoping for some unbiased advice here. My son is about to do his CBT and wants a 50cc road bike. His too big for this KX and since the engine was rebuilt, he hasn’t used it other than riding it around the garden……it’s a shame for it to be sat under the workbench…….where it had been for the last few years. I’ve ordered a new set of grips for it and the missing screw for the plastic, I’m not one for shiny in one for original. I believe its a 1995 so it’s no spring chicken, but I’m not sure how much of an impact age has on these things. So the question is, what’s a realistic value on for it? From my scout around I want to say around a grand(ish) but without any knowledge . just to stress this is isn’t a advert, I’m just after some guidance for people that are into bikes y I’d say you were in the right ballpark. Ideally I’d be looking for 800-1000 if I were selling that. Although bikes do seem somewhat depressed recently, I think that won’t hang around long as the balaclava lads would love it blasting up the high street doing one handed wheelies Rustybullethole 1
Rustybullethole Posted Saturday at 15:28 Posted Saturday at 15:28 51 minutes ago, ianbmw said: I’m more a car guy than a bike guy so I’m hoping for some unbiased advice here. My son is about to do his CBT and wants a 50cc road bike. His too big for this KX and since the engine was rebuilt, he hasn’t used it other than riding it around the garden……it’s a shame for it to be sat under the workbench…….where it had been for the last few years. I’ve ordered a new set of grips for it and the missing screw for the plastic, I’m not one for shiny in one for original. I believe its a 1995 so it’s no spring chicken, but I’m not sure how much of an impact age has on these things. So the question is, what’s a realistic value on for it? From my scout around I want to say around a grand(ish) but without any knowledge . just to stress this is isn’t a advert, I’m just after some guidance for people that are into bikes y Lovely. Wish I could buy it myself to practice one hand wheelies on. Same year as my KDX, year of the purple bits for extra cool. Old dirt bikes sell in condition more than age and that one looks to have little hard use despite the years. Oe bars an all. Chance your arm on the open market, maybe as high as 1500, possibly more as there’s a growing following for old smokers.
loserone Posted Saturday at 15:46 Posted Saturday at 15:46 Doing my best impression of @tooSavvy tooSavvy 1
ianbmw Posted Saturday at 15:48 Posted Saturday at 15:48 Thankfully the balaclavas are now concerned about their carbon footprint and ride electric bikes now! Barry Cade 1
Barry Cade Posted Saturday at 16:54 Posted Saturday at 16:54 1 hour ago, ianbmw said: Thankfully the balaclavas are now concerned about their carbon footprint and ride electric bikes now! They also cut down on tyre particulates by mostly riding on just the back wheel. ianbmw 1
Cavcraft Posted 8 hours ago Posted 8 hours ago On 27/09/2026 at 09:13, hairnet said: (Marking myself safe from being in a sideways cafe with @hairnet) Today, I actually got round to trying to do the MBX50 up. The paintjob (whilst of pretty good quality) is some random metallic red colour, and it's always bugged me a bit. Bought some spray in the proper colour from some useless waste of space company on eBay who sent a damaged tin of the wrong colour, then said they'd send the right one and never did. Rang a paint mixing company not too far away, gave them the code and collected 1 litre plus lacquer and hardener today. It's 2K paint but they said it needed the lacquer mixing with it. This afternoon I stripped the bits off, now I need to go to some local paint sprayers and get quotes. As sods law would dictate, I broke the front brake lever ages ago, had it replaced then broke the bastard again recently. I went to the one I'd ordered and never fitted and they'd sent me a clutch lever instead, FFS! Anyhow, just to cap it all, I broke the head off the mirror today, so there's another thing to add to the list. Oh, the fork seals are leaking, I did have some but lost them somewhere so need to find them and get them fitted, plus some other odds and sods. I'll have to wait to get the decals first and hopefully find somewhere that will apply them then lacquer over once fitted. nomiST, Dave_Q, Snake Charmer and 2 others 5
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now