loserone Posted September 10 Posted September 10 27 minutes ago, hairnet said: But I said don't care what size as long as it does it itself How is this bike shite man, are you collecting something exciting?
tom13 Posted September 11 Posted September 11 Donny evening session last night. It rained but was still good fun. CBR was a loaned to me by a good friend and it was excellent. Snake Charmer, Bradders59, loserone and 3 others 6
Cavcraft Posted September 12 Posted September 12 Erm, there's always room for one more somewhere, isn't there? 500tops, Gaffer, blackboilersuit and 12 others 12 3
Cavcraft Posted September 13 Posted September 13 Also fired this up again after quite a while. Part of me wants to put the engine into the other C200 (that currently has a 6V C90 lump) but this one is much more original so it'd be a shame to bum it for the engine. Really, it's days here are numbered though so will be trying to find a home for it shortly scdan4, Snake Charmer and Iamgroot 3
Somerset Suffolk Posted September 16 Posted September 16 Pixie  4 SPEED 50CC TIGER CUB ENGINE AND DESIGNED BY EDWARD TURNER AND MADE IN THE MERDERN TRIUMPH FACTORY, Cavcraft, martc, Stinkwheel and 1 other 4
Cavcraft Posted September 17 Posted September 17 The Ninja has passed the MOT. Should really swap the insurance from the now departed Royal Alloy over, tax it and ride it home but time is against me so probably go for it in the van. The C200 very quickly found a new home, turned out to be a former customer of mine from 25 odd years ago when I was working for the solvents bath company. Stinkwheel, Dave_Q and Iamgroot 2 1
hairnet Posted September 19 Posted September 19 Very disapoint Can someone run me over to make ma heed smaller Cavcraft 1
Bren Posted September 19 Posted September 19 I bought practical sportsbike magazine for a few years right from issue one. I stopped buying it because it became a bit repetitive - a bit like practical classics. I didn't realise it had been killed off in 2023 because of costs.
cort16 Posted September 20 Posted September 20 Bluebird Turbo, engine might need some work though https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1105465092028826/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Adf19889b-59c6-4b22-b17e-033c67ca5ce4 500tops and Cavcraft 2
Cavcraft Posted September 20 Posted September 20 20 hours ago, hairnet said: Very disapoint Can someone run me over to make ma heed smaller Was there yesterday afternoon buying a new lid.
Cavcraft Posted September 20 Posted September 20 6 minutes ago, cort16 said: Bluebird Turbo, engine might need some work though https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1105465092028826/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Adf19889b-59c6-4b22-b17e-033c67ca5ce4 Wrong Fred I think (soz) but that SRi saloon next to it is ace.
hairnet Posted September 20 Posted September 20 52 minutes ago, Cavcraft said: Was there yesterday afternoon buying a new lid. almost gave up now gonna be buying a box with electrical smoke in it Cavcraft 1
hairnet Posted September 20 Posted September 20 box of electrical smoke purchased most places 55-60 wemoto 38 made sure its the right size (it is) cos its listed for my bike but the part no is different but it says my bike in the description so should be ok if its wrong Cavcraft and Stinkwheel 2
cort16 Posted September 20 Posted September 20 1 hour ago, Cavcraft said: Wrong Fred I think (soz) but that SRi saloon next to it is ace. How the fuck did I manage that? Cavcraft 1
hairnet Posted September 20 Posted September 20 3 hours ago, cort16 said: How the fuck did I manage that? dribbling over the nissan Cavcraft 1
Cavcraft Posted September 20 Posted September 20 Well, not the best start, or non-start, to be exact. The battery was flat on the Kawasaki and my boost pack was dead, so I had to get the cables out to my car. Luckily I had a can of fresh E5 to hand, so I could go for a bit to make the sure the battery would start it again. Weirdly after not gelling with the Fireblade I had from @Dave_Q a good while back, the ZXR feels a bit more at home. The Fireblade was a great bike in it's own right and nothing was wrong with it, but I didn't feel right on it and rode it far too stiffly which was no good for the Honda, or me. Took a few quiet A and B roads to start with, and purposely stopped here for a photo opp. Anyone who was knocking about around Chester on bikes in the 80s (and earlier) might know what was here before the houses... From here across the top to Delamere Forest, got stuck behind some twat who couldn't drive to save their life, and I wasn't too confident overtaking on the busy/bumpy roads. Anyhow, got clear of the car and gave it a bit of beans and was impressed. From there I joined the A556/A54 back to Chester and started giving it some. I was like a love sick school kid, literally laughing and shouting FUCKING HELL! to myself and I think the furthest I got was 8K (red lines at 10) as I opened it up. The riding position is pretty good for a fat old bloke, got cramp problems in my legs which was exacerbated to start with, but got used to it 15 miles in. It's light enough not to be too hard to move, I don't catch my hands on the fairing and (once I'd blown the front tyre up from about 20PSI to 34) it handled fine, but I don't do all that knees down shit. The speedo is a bit hard to see, might have to put some markings by 30/40/50/60/60, the left hand mirror is shit and there's no fuel gauge. I'm sure a modern 600 (maybe even a 500) would walk all over it, but it's been almighty fun today. Obvs. ended up down the river and parked amongst some fellow scooterists Rustybullethole, Dave_Q, Bren and 2 others 5
twosmoke300 Posted September 20 Posted September 20 Local bike club ran a scramble event for classics and enduro bikes today . Weather was kind to us and I had a great laugh esp on the KE Not sure my back will be thanking me later - plush she ain’t 😂 Wonder if any other Ke175s are running Michelin Medium 2 enduro tyres and mousses ? 😂 Stinkwheel, blackboilersuit, Rustybullethole and 2 others 5
hairnet Posted September 20 Posted September 20 7 hours ago, Cavcraft said: Was there yesterday afternoon buying a new lid. Have these The white knocking about one an old shoei under the stairs and an arai xd under the table I was only looking cos it seemed a bargain Cavcraft 1
Rustybullethole Posted September 21 Posted September 21 Fitted a tail tidy thing. This is a step up for me as I normally employ the hacksaw method. Was an absolute pain in the arse to fit. Little spacers in places where they can’t be held, not aided by working upside down with shovel hands and lack of patience for crap design. Looks much better than the beaver tail thing it had before plus i‘m walking into the number plate far less now too. loserone, Cavcraft, Stinkwheel and 1 other 4
Jerzy Woking Posted September 21 Posted September 21 On 04/09/2026 at 17:55, andyberg said: New tyres fitted to the old girl. Same as before Bridgestones but a newer compound BT031. I had no issues concerning grip with the old ones, just a bit hesitant about the age. But my oh my what a difference, can’t tell if they grip more yet as I havnt quite finished scrubbing them in ( mind you a 7 mile ride home turned into 46 miles!) but the feedback and comfort have gone up a level. Sure footed into turns and the roll over is so smooth. Am booking a trip to Dunkirk and Ypres for a few days next spring with a couple of colleagues from work. One has a Triumph Sprint GT the other a full on Triumph Trophy.  Should be good I reckon. I have always liked Bridgestones, and have had BT031's fitted to my 675 Street Triple. Previously had BT016's, then BT023's. Brilliant on the mountain roads here, the grip is excellent in the heat. Not ridden the 675 in rain yet. Had 031's fitted to my NC750 on the strength of those on my 675, wearing well, still waiting to give tyem a go in the wet. andyberg and Cavcraft 2
loserone Posted September 21 Posted September 21 Does this count as bikeshite or am I stuck in the Moderns section? Â blackboilersuit, Stinkwheel, Dave_Q and 1 other 4
hairnet Posted September 21 Posted September 21 much meh today went out to put all the crap from the weekend in the footwell in the car in the bin couldnt even be arsed putting the seat back on the bike after charging the battery *might go out on it tomorrow
Rustybullethole Posted September 21 Posted September 21 4 hours ago, loserone said: Does this count as bikeshite or am I stuck in the Moderns section?  Conventional forks and parked near a Dacia - Shite. Gis a closer look.  Have invested in a solar panel as no power at my lock up. Seems to keep batteries topped up nicely and hopefully save me a load of money when I don’t use something for a while/leave something powered up I shouldn’t of. Sneaked a cheeky oil change in at work today. Coolant flush still to do then that’s all the fluids fresh on the NC.Â
loserone Posted September 21 Posted September 21 Certainly sir.  The cheapest motorbike you can't ride on a CBT in the UK.  Made in India by the (second, depending on how you count it) biggest motorcycle manufacturer in the world. Air and oil cooled single with 19bhp and 50/50 tyres for Indian roads.  No, I haven't ridden it yet There's an app for Bluetooth turn by turn navigation but the app won't work on an up to date android 🤣 Cavcraft, scdan4, Stinkwheel and 2 others 4 1
andyberg Posted September 21 Posted September 21 6 hours ago, Jerzy Woking said: I have always liked Bridgestones, and have had BT031's fitted to my 675 Street Triple. Previously had BT016's, then BT023's. Brilliant on the mountain roads here, the grip is excellent in the heat. Not ridden the 675 in rain yet. Had 031's fitted to my NC750 on the strength of those on my 675, wearing well, still waiting to give tyem a go in the wet. Mine are scrubbed in now and they do seem very good. Certainly very confidence inspiring. Honestly I won’t be riding in the wet unless I absolutely have to, with a trip to France next year planned it may be then.Â
hairnet Posted September 21 Posted September 21 10 hours ago, Rustybullethole said: Fitted a tail tidy thing. This is a step up for me as I normally employ the hacksaw method. Was an absolute pain in the arse to fit. Little spacers in places where they can’t be held, not aided by working upside down with shovel hands and lack of patience for crap design. Looks much better than the beaver tail thing it had before plus i‘m walking into the number plate far less now too. hipster Rustybullethole 1
Cavcraft Posted September 21 Posted September 21 8 hours ago, loserone said: Does this count as bikeshite or am I stuck in the Moderns section? Â 'course it counts. Looks ace that. Stinkwheel and Rustybullethole 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now