hairnet Posted August 22 Posted August 22 Woop Woop Dropped one of the nuts didn't I 3.5 inches taller than standard Cavcraft and 5speedracer 2
Cavcraft Posted August 22 Posted August 22 Worth every penny those tall screens, though mine could still do with an extender.
Rustybullethole Posted August 22 Posted August 22 8 hours ago, hairnet said: woop Spotted those for the NC though have made a home brew version with an old cycle grips and a zip tie. Works a treat to hold the waterproof phone doodaa. Cut a hole that so can charge on the go so not quite so waterproof now. The ciggie lighter thing you gave me imploded though got it work by tapping the bare metal bits in place. Got fed up with shutting the cable in the frunk catch so cut some more holes in things to fit a usb the lazy way straight off the battery. Did wire in a fuse and a switch to stop battery drain and it becoming a public charging point whilst parked up. Phones much better at the top over the clocks. Can safely add songs to my playlist see the nav without looking down.
hairnet Posted August 23 Posted August 23 its from their .uk site - even tho the money was pounds - paid in euros and looks like its coming from the land of sausage
Shandylegs Posted August 23 Posted August 23 Just back from a weekend camping with the wife in the Hope Valley. There were loads out on bikes, so after dropping the camper back off in storage I dragged mine out and had a run over the Strines pass, back to where I'd been that morning. I had probably the best run out so far this year, with only a bit of pain from the hips. The bike is running really well, she may be an old girl compared to some of the modern stuff out there, but winding throttle on still = many grins from me. andyberg, Fat_Pirate, 5speedracer and 8 others 11
hairnet Posted August 24 Posted August 24 Woop Windy so the garage door was pissing me off - might do arms tomorrow Cavcraft 1
loserone Posted August 24 Posted August 24 Phew. martc, bangernomics, Jerzy Woking and 15 others 4 14
hairnet Posted August 24 Posted August 24 avoidance? you wrote this after so you obv avoided it Rustybullethole 1
loserone Posted August 24 Posted August 24 1 minute ago, hairnet said: avoidance? you wrote this after so you obv avoided it Yeah, but 1km/h too slow.
Iamgroot Posted August 24 Posted August 24 Well done @loserone , nearly time for us to start chanting.... "... One of us.." loserone and Stinkwheel 1 1
83C Posted August 27 Posted August 27 10 hours ago, hairnet said: heading north towards ramsey Yes, started at Kirk Michael because I was staying in the Glen Wyllin campsite. I did think about editing the video to start at the Start/Finish line but it would have left an awkward bit on that junction in Kirk Michael. I was sad enough to work out my sector time from Ramsey Hairpin to the Bungalow on the two videos I recorded (approx. 6.5 miles and the only complete unrestricted Mountain Course sector I can do a comparison on) Run 1 took 7m 17s and Run 2 took 6m 27s, or 53.55mph & 60.47mph average speed. There's definitely room to improve those times...
hairnet Posted August 27 Posted August 27 surprised you didnt vtec yo out of ramsey after the hairpin or at creg mountain not a favourite cos no matter when you do it - its always windy go one way and you might eat hillside the other its a big drop gooseneck and bunglalow ftw
83C Posted August 27 Posted August 27 39 minutes ago, hairnet said: surprised you didnt vtec yo out of ramsey after the hairpin or at creg mountain not a favourite cos no matter when you do it - its always windy go one way and you might eat hillside the other its a big drop gooseneck and bunglalow ftw Still in the 50 zone until after Waterworks so had to be gentle - I saw so many mobile speed cameras with a member of the Manx Constabulary behind that I just didn't bother risking it anywhere that had a speed limit. Weirdly none were in evidence when I did the video, but the previous morning at the same time I passed 3-4 of them as well as plod cars parked at the Bungalow and the Creg. The other thing was that this was my first trip to the IoM and I was fairly keen not to run out of whatever limited talent I possess to be fair there's a couple of points (the Mountain Mile, Hailwood Heights etc) where I did see 110-120mph on the speedo but that doesn't come across on the video - what I need is many, many more trips there to learn the course better and get faster I didn't find the Mountain too windy but I was about as tucked in as I could get on a faired bike - if I'd taken the CB1000SP I think I might have had a different opinion! Rustybullethole and scdan4 2
Somerset Suffolk Posted August 27 Posted August 27 cheap 400 4 ? always fancied a 400 4 - sold for £580 plus fees - did I miss a bargain ? Cavcraft 1
Snake Charmer Posted August 27 Posted August 27 33 minutes ago, Somerset Suffolk said: cheap 400 4 ? always fancied a 400 4 - sold for £580 plus fees - did I miss a bargain ? Might have, nice with a 460 Yoshimura kit back in the early 80's. Somerset Suffolk 1
Cavcraft Posted August 27 Posted August 27 Had wanted a 400/4 for years and years and years. Eventually got one and just found it a bit sort of dull/uninspiring. Jerzy Woking, Stinkwheel and Somerset Suffolk 1 2
myglaren Posted August 28 Posted August 28 Daughter in law to be (next month) passed her 'big bike' test a few weeks ago. Here with her gang of biker girls on a run to Hastings. bangernomics, Rustybullethole, 5speedracer and 3 others 6
hairnet Posted August 29 Posted August 29 Old bastard alert Cavcraft, Shandylegs, bangernomics and 1 other 2 2
hairnet Posted August 29 Posted August 29 tom on the way to the test @loserone Rustybullethole and Cavcraft 2
Rustybullethole Posted August 30 Posted August 30 Fresh fluid fore and aft. Old fluid didn’t look too sad though it’s one of those things (cleaning up and copper slipping the cap screws too) I like to know I’ve done. Have always felt it’s a bit under braked to be honest. Pads swapped out for decent ones, calliper serviced and now fresh fluid. Running out of options really. I know this is unpopular with some though id like to bin the abs and run uninterrupted braided lines. I d be willing to bet that would make the brakes much better though truth is it’s a big heavy bugger with a single disc up front. Stinkwheel, Cavcraft and bangernomics 3
Bmwdumptruck Posted August 30 Posted August 30 1 hour ago, Rustybullethole said: Fresh fluid fore and aft. Old fluid didn’t look too sad though it’s one of those things (cleaning up and copper slipping the cap screws too) I like to know I’ve done. Have always felt it’s a bit under braked to be honest. Pads swapped out for decent ones, calliper serviced and now fresh fluid. Running out of options really. I know this is unpopular with some though id like to bin the abs and run uninterrupted braided lines. I d be willing to bet that would make the brakes much better though truth is it’s a big heavy bugger with a single disc up front. Braided lines would likely help, but does this have the combined brakes like the bigger Hondas have? Bloody expensive to do braided hoses if it has. My Blackbird is a 10 hose job so over £400 for the kit iirc and my Pan is 15 hoses and nearly £600 for the kit. Cavcraft 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now