Jump to content

The Bikeshite Thread


Recommended Posts

Posted
55 minutes ago, Bmwdumptruck said:

Braided lines would likely help, but does this have the combined brakes like the bigger Hondas have?  Bloody expensive to do braided hoses if it has. My Blackbird is a 10 hose job so over £400 for the kit iirc and my Pan is 15 hoses and nearly £600 for the kit.  

To be honest it be not investigated too much other than the front flexi disappears around the headstock into a hard line presumably for some abs fuckery before emerging as a hose again to go to the calliper. Last time I rode a linked brake machine it tried to kill me which this hasn’t (in that way) yet so presumably no linky shiz. 10 hoses is madness!!!!

Posted
3 hours ago, Rustybullethole said:

Fresh fluid fore and aft. 
IMG_0560.jpeg.0ceb234ca21bfd86d33b34c015423c42.jpeg

IMG_0561.jpeg.5b35995d4bccd16693ad673da6b522f5.jpeg

Old fluid didn’t look too sad though it’s one of those things (cleaning up and copper slipping the cap screws too) I like to know I’ve done. 

Have always felt it’s a bit under braked to be honest. Pads swapped out for decent ones, calliper serviced and now fresh fluid. Running out of options really. I know this is unpopular with some though id like to bin the abs and run uninterrupted braided lines. I d be willing to bet that would make the brakes much better though truth is it’s a big heavy bugger with a single disc up front. 

I boiled the brakes on one of my NCs riding down from Stelvio to Bormio. Went for the brakes and nothing had to cog down harshly to slow it and stopped by the horse riding centre. The latest NC750s have a long overdue fron twin disc setup 

Posted
4 minutes ago, pilninggas said:

I boiled the brakes on one of my NCs riding down from Stelvio to Bormio. Went for the brakes and nothing had to cog down harshly to slow it and stopped by the horse riding centre. The latest NC750s have a long overdue fron twin disc setup 

It’s funny really as the old cb500 water boiler twin never felt under braked with its single disc. If anything that’s a quicker bike than the NC though a bit lighter I’d imagine. A younger, braver/sillier me would bring that down to 50 for the speed cameras on the A2 with a rolling stoppie. Never boiled those or felt the need for more. 
Id thought some ‘race’ compound pads might be a win on the 750. Though also that it would probably boil up more readily? 

Posted

My 2023 NC750X does not have linked brakes, probably not needed with 54 bhp at the crank.

But I'm on my 3rd replacement set of front brake pads in 39,000kms. One set (EBC) lasted under 5000 kms, they went down to the metal when in Poland. Had to ride from Wrocław to a Honda dealer in Poznan, 200kms away, on the rain, as no shop in Wrocław had any.

No idea why none really last long. I'm back using Nissin pads as they seem to feel better. 

Never once thought that the NC (or at least mine) needs twin discs.

Posted

Probably photo'd this before and put it on here, but today I talked to the owner who bought it when it was 10 years old (it's a 1973 bike, I think) for forty quid and claims to have done 150,000 miles on it and only replaced  a cam and two pistons as he changes the oil every 500 miles regardless

May be an image of dirt bike, motorcycle, scooter and text

Besides this and my old 90, there was nothing of any real age or interest at the river today.

  • Like 4
Posted

interesting that the rad hose has the covering on it

had only one hose in *insert awfully long time here* get a pinhole in it that didnt stop bike being used - that includes either young bikes that got lots of miles put on them in a short time - or leggy shittas

why theyve started doing that - no idea - theres other things that need covers more at the front of the bike

Posted

I dug out my J&S vouchers - one had expired in July but it was still accepted. 20260902_165852.jpg.b8238ca4cbffa2cbcd88110927c66253.jpg

I splurged on this - I have no specific bike cleaning stuff - I just used car shampoo previously - I suspect my monster would look shabby pretty quickly if it was neglected.

  • Like 2
Posted

New tyres fitted to the old girl. Same as before Bridgestones but a newer compound BT031. I had no issues concerning grip with the old ones, just a bit hesitant about the age. But my oh my what a difference, can’t tell if they grip more yet as I havnt quite finished scrubbing them in ( mind you a 7 mile ride home turned into 46 miles!) but the feedback and comfort have gone up a level. Sure footed into turns and the roll over is so smooth. 
Am booking a trip to Dunkirk and Ypres for a few days next spring with a couple of colleagues from work. One has a Triumph Sprint GT the other a full on Triumph Trophy.  Should be good I reckon. 

IMG_4115.jpeg

IMG_4116.jpeg

Posted

My mate hasn't been very well for a long while and is just getting back on track hopefully, so he suggested a ride out somewhere today. Only did just shy of 60 miles, went for a blast to Ellesmere in Shropshire

May be an image of motorcycle, dirt bike, road and text

I haven't really got (or had) a bike to compare it to, but it's pretty much impossible to find fault with the little BM.  There's enough turn of speed for an old fart like me, plus it's comfortable and ace on fuel, the riding position is spot on and it'll happily flick round the bends. It's weird seeing pot holes and bumps etc and not being arsed about riding over them, on pretty much all my other bikes you actually wince seeing a piece of paper on the road and brace yourself for the thud. On the GS you just seem to glide over stuff. Next time I might take the Massey Davidson to fit in with my mate's Kawasaki 900 thing.

Posted

350 odd miles for a swim in the sea and some ice cream 🍨 

IMG_0701.jpeg.c1bd5e6eedd8f82fe9c26964224d7aa8.jpeg

IMG_0705.jpeg.66dbcf4f02f478d4ff9465cfa8e5c044.jpeg

Well worth it. Took the twisty route there and hot foot back. Budget phone mount works well if not quite perfect.

image.jpg.b42d0888b82fa0c31e6fec1ccc6f3754.jpg

image.jpg.da7aad252f05a7074659077a79caac10.jpg

 

Posted

Long distance trial the weekend on the IT.

My first ride on it. Was a really good trial around the Cotswolds using a load of green lanes as well. It would be worth doing even if the trial wasn't on. We did have the weather on our side though.

Good sections but I didn't do so well. Bike has a lot of potential but it wasn't running right on the bottom end and also bogging down and stalling. This involved a lot if clutch slipping.

 

IMG_20260906_101632.jpg

  • Like 5
Posted
2 hours ago, tom13 said:

Long distance trial the weekend on the IT.

My first ride on it. Was a really good trial around the Cotswolds using a load of green lanes as well. It would be worth doing even if the trial wasn't on. We did have the weather on our side though.

Good sections but I didn't do so well. Bike has a lot of potential but it wasn't running right on the bottom end and also bogging down and stalling. This involved a lot if clutch slipping.

 

IMG_20260906_101632.jpg

The IT looks great. Would be very interested in your route or meeting up for a ride if you’re out this way again. I’ve cobbled together a few lanes around the southern end of the Cotswolds though know there must be loads more I’ve not found.

Fueling issue? They were THE machine back in the day sure it still is now once sorted. 

Posted
20 minutes ago, Rustybullethole said:

The IT looks great. Would be very interested in your route or meeting up for a ride if you’re out this way again. I’ve cobbled together a few lanes around the southern end of the Cotswolds though know there must be loads more I’ve not found.

Fueling issue? They were THE machine back in the day sure it still is now once sorted. 

I don't know the area well I'm afraid. Used the supplied road book but the problem with that is there were sections off road where we followed arrows and the road book would not make much sense as it would just say about entering a section of woodland you would ride though following arrows then pick the roadbook back up again at the road.

Yeah its's not the original carb so it needs a bit of fettling to get back to standard. This is the 1980 so an overbored YZ125. It is really good on the pipe. Recently got a 1979 as well which is the DT engine. Have yet to ride that but excited to see how the power characteristics change. The suspension is amazing. Especially coming from early 70s twinshocks.

  • Like 2
Posted
On 24/08/2026 at 18:35, Iamgroot said:

nearly time

signal-2026-09-09-15-08-16-399.jpg.82e2a6332120d60313e4372c61ef733b.jpg

Tada!

Posted
1 minute ago, loserone said:

signal-2026-09-09-15-08-16-399.jpg.82e2a6332120d60313e4372c61ef733b.jpg

Tada!

Congrats!

Posted
4 hours ago, loserone said:

signal-2026-09-09-15-08-16-399.jpg.82e2a6332120d60313e4372c61ef733b.jpg

Tada!

One of us! One of us! Well done mate

Posted
18 minutes ago, hairnet said:

what heap of shit is that :D

Not my mt07

 

PXL_20260909_125101207.jpg

  • Like 1
Posted

It wasn't that busy

 

Here now

Sat in same place as Sunday 

Rock IMG-20260910-WA0001.jpeg.8b4d8cd0e1519b1469c9e9c8b3d5364d.jpegand roll

Posted

Yay taxi is here

The clusterfuck of yesterday seems to be OK now20260910_121933.jpg.3103039fea0272b2125df320042d2daf.jpg

Posted

Moto por favor

Non

All I cared about was auto he mentioned Manuel (que?)

But I said don't care what size as long as it does it itself :D20260910_183947.jpg.233652b1ea32ef4947fea05a194dd524.jpg

Posted

My best friend

Yes bikeshite

Watching quasi collect his honda cub from 201920260910_190757.jpg.9f5154ba84b8f098a460636729559272.jpg20260910_190802.jpg.97721fc4f5633e4e9588eff22f1853ce.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...