Rustybullethole Posted September 21 Posted September 21 4 hours ago, loserone said: Certainly sir. The cheapest motorbike you can't ride on a CBT in the UK. Made in India by the (second, depending on how you count it) biggest motorcycle manufacturer in the world. Air and oil cooled single with 19bhp and 50/50 tyres for Indian roads. No, I haven't ridden it yet There's an app for Bluetooth turn by turn navigation but the app won't work on an up to date android 🤣 Fantastic. Thought it had a touch of Himi about it from the first pic. My 411 doesn’t have much more power and bet it weighs more than enough to negate any gains. In my experience anything made for the Indian market which sell well there is going to be a good rugged motorcycle. Great purchase. Cavcraft and loserone 1 1
loserone Posted September 22 Posted September 22 8 hours ago, Rustybullethole said: My 411 A 411 was what I was idly daydreaming about when this was announced. 45 kg lighter and a bit smaller, less happy on motorways but should still be able to cover some distance and would do 75 if you really had to. And the same price as a used Himalayan. It's the reason I did my test really, I'm far too easily influenced Cavcraft, 320touring, Stinkwheel and 1 other 4
93fxdl Posted September 22 Posted September 22 16 hours ago, loserone said: Certainly sir. The cheapest motorbike you can't ride on a CBT in the UK. Made in India by the (second, depending on how you count it) biggest motorcycle manufacturer in the world. Air and oil cooled single with 19bhp and 50/50 tyres for Indian roads. No, I haven't ridden it yet There's an app for Bluetooth turn by turn navigation but the app won't work on an up to date android 🤣 Looks a very tempting bike, keep trying to justify getting the pro version but my sensible head keeps stopping me, lack of dealer support in my area and being a tight arse, not wanting to get hit by new bike depreciation. As said, Has been on sale in India for about 5 years, so seems to have a good reputation. Don't know if it will come to the UK, but they have launched a slightly more upmarket version, the 210 with a little more of everything Ttfn Glenn loserone and Cavcraft 2
castros_bro Posted September 22 Posted September 22 17 hours ago, loserone said: Certainly sir. The cheapest motorbike you can't ride on a CBT in the UK. Made in India by the (second, depending on how you count it) biggest motorcycle manufacturer in the world. Air and oil cooled single with 19bhp and 50/50 tyres for Indian roads. No, I haven't ridden it yet There's an app for Bluetooth turn by turn navigation but the app won't work on an up to date android 🤣 What's that lump in the exhaust down pipe, Shirley it's not cat? Looks a bit like a small version of the bulge in my pulse jet Cavcraft 1
loserone Posted September 22 Posted September 22 7 minutes ago, castros_bro said: cat Certainly is, euro 5 compliant 320touring and castros_bro 2
loserone Posted September 22 Posted September 22 They do some fruity exhausts in India for them but obviously not with two O2 sensors etc.
loserone Posted September 22 Posted September 22 It's flipping class. It's not fast, but it's enough for bumbling around and so, so comfy. Jerzy Woking, Stinkwheel, Rustybullethole and 7 others 9 1
hairnet Posted September 22 Posted September 22 most euro5+ are two sensors now eml not a mot fail on a bike
Rustybullethole Posted September 22 Posted September 22 5 hours ago, castros_bro said: What's that lump in the exhaust down pipe, Shirley it's not cat? Looks a bit like a small version of the bulge in my pulse jet Bulgy exhaust, spark plug in the side with gubbings on the head. Must be a 3 stroke. twosmoke300 and Crackers 2
loserone Posted September 22 Posted September 22 6 hours ago, 93fxdl said: the 210 Some folk have compared this with the move from the 411 to the 450. I have no idea, obviously, as I've not ridden it. 5 hours ago, castros_bro said: bulge You are mad rob Maddox and I claim my five dollars
Cavcraft Posted September 22 Posted September 22 I've got a bulge in my pulse jet looking at your bike, Loserone. Rustybullethole, Dave_Q and loserone 1 2
Cavcraft Posted September 22 Posted September 22 Anyway, normal service has resumed in the 2 wheeled department, as well as the 4.... Obvs it's fairly* shagged. It was registered in April 1987, and last change of keeper was May 1987, so possibly dealer and one owner from new. Putting a boost pack to it did sod all (surprise, surprise) and as the chain is knackered (and hanging off) and the gear lever rusted away I can't tell if the engine is stuck, but would expect it would be. The brakes freed themselves with some rocking, and being dropped off the back of a Merc Sprinter Luton van. I will have one more attempt to see if I can get some electricity in to it to see what happens, just because. In the same place, but my mate couldn't wrestle it free is a tragic looking CZ250. Registered June '81, last change of keeper August 1981, came from a now long defunct Yamaha dealer not far from here. Interestingly (to me, anyway) the reg plates is twenty numbers away from my sister's ex-boyfriends 250 US Custom and 10 numbers away from his mate's XS750 Custom. I'm going to try and see if I can rescue what's left of the CZ. loserone, doug, 500tops and 7 others 10
Cavcraft Posted September 23 Posted September 23 Right, that CZ... In the back yard of a terraced house. It can't go out of the back yard as the alley is full of buddliahs (spelling?) weeds, fly tipping and a sink hole of some sorts. My mate (who got the Honda out the other day with his employee) couldn't shift the CZ even with help, so today I got the address and went for a look. There was no front wheel actually with the bike (but luckily I had the one that came off) the back wheel is locked solid and there's no handlebars. We twatted the rear brake arm off, but the chain is no doubt solid and I didn't really have the proper tools, space or time to get the chain guards off and cut the chain. Went home to get the van and with the help of the fella at the house and his missus, we got the front wheel back on using one of those cement mixer things as an axle, a fishing trolly as a skate for the back wheel, then had to manoeuvre the bike through the house, down the front step and into the van... it seems to weigh the same as several cruise ships and a cement mixer lorry. I'm just going to push it off the van onto something when I can be arsed. Maybe a portable table, maybe a fragger. scdan4, Snake Charmer, catsinthewelder and 4 others 7
Dave_Q Posted September 23 Posted September 23 Could this be your worst ever Billy? Strong work Cavcraft, Iamgroot and Rustybullethole 2 1
Cavcraft Posted September 23 Posted September 23 1 hour ago, Dave_Q said: Could this be your worst ever Billy? Strong work To be fair, the GT250 that had been in a hedge for 40 years was probably worse. Weirdly, the CZ seems to be in better shape than the Honda. Oh, it was also about 1/4 mile from the supplying dealer when new and it'd have been quicker for the fella who bought it to have pushed it home rather than ridden it. Dave_Q, Stinkwheel and UltraWomble 3
Cavcraft Posted September 23 Posted September 23 Good batteries those gel ones, 'netty. Rustybullethole 1
hairnet Posted September 23 Posted September 23 coffman shorty exhaust 253 quid hahaha chinese ebay special $20
Stinkwheel Posted September 24 Posted September 24 13 hours ago, Cavcraft said: To be fair, the GT250 that had been in a hedge for 40 years was probably worse. Weirdly, the CZ seems to be in better shape than the Honda. Oh, it was also about 1/4 mile from the supplying dealer when new and it'd have been quicker for the fella who bought it to have pushed it home rather than ridden it. I hate to be pedantic Billy, but that bike says Jawa on the cases. Are you 'sure' its a CZ ? Well rescued, even if you are a madman for doing so 🤣 Cavcraft 1
Cavcraft Posted September 24 Posted September 24 1 minute ago, Stinkwheel said: I hate to be pedantic Billy, but that bike says Jawa on the cases. Are you 'sure' its a CZ ? Well rescued, even if you are a madman for doing so 🤣 Holy hell, you're only right again! Honestly thought it was a CZ. Stinkwheel 1
martc Posted September 24 Posted September 24 9 hours ago, Stinkwheel said: I hate to be pedantic Billy, but that bike says Jawa on the cases. Are you 'sure' its a CZ ? Well rescued, even if you are a madman for doing so 🤣 9 hours ago, Cavcraft said: Holy hell, you're only right again! Honestly thought it was a CZ. Just be a little careful I think this is a CZ aka Cezet 250 type 471. I seem to remember these also being called 'Sport' but I could be wrong. However I have a feeling they had Jawa branded engines. Stinkwheel, Cavcraft and Snake Charmer 2 1
Snake Charmer Posted September 24 Posted September 24 My poor memory has Jawa and CZ names together. The exhaust ports and nuts l remember, thought it was going to be a 350. Cavcraft and Stinkwheel 2
martc Posted September 24 Posted September 24 2 hours ago, Snake Charmer said: My poor memory has Jawa and CZ names together. The exhaust ports and nuts l remember, thought it was going to be a 350. The products of the nationalised Czechoslovakian motorcycle industry were marketed as Jawa-CZ for convenience so your memory is not so poor! However they were in fact two separate factories but they shared a lot of components and technology. CZ produced the smaller, single cylinder 125 and 175cc bikes and Jawa made the well known bigger 350cc twins (and a moped). CZ also made a 250cc single. I think the 250cc twin above replaced the single and, I'm speculating here, they used a Jawa engine for expediency. I'm sure I've read somewhere that the 250 cc engine is basically a slimmed down 350 twin. There is a parallel with MZ and Simpson, although they didn't share engines. Stinkwheel and Cavcraft 2
Iamgroot Posted September 24 Posted September 24 All I've got to add to this, is, my mate from that part of the world is says "yava" for jawa. Also well done Billy, you mental bastard 😂 Cavcraft, martc and Stinkwheel 2 1
Rustybullethole Posted September 25 Posted September 25 (edited) Did the oil earlier in the week and coolant today, blue to match the bodywork, these things are important. All rock oil stuff as has surved me well over the years. That’s all fresh fluids now. I’ve picked up a part worn for the rear which will be going on fairly soon as the one fitted is past its best plus has been running a temporary* repair bung for the last 3000 miles. The part worn is a 170 rather than 160 and is not what I would have bought though was free and has tread. If it’s horrid I’ll save for a better option though sure it’ll be just fine. Needs a set of rear pads before long shall order them up this weekend and throw them in the frunk. Have also fitted a charger lead so can plug it into my trickle charger or the solar panel without titting about with tools. This should insure I look after the battery better though typically have just locked it all up without plugging it in straight after fitting the thing! It’s a fairly hefty bugger though well weighted and balanced so cuts through the traffic pretty well. Comfy for distance and fun enough to get a hussle on when roads allow. The limiting factor is of course me. Doe’s motorcycle things as well as expected. 10/10. Edited September 25 by Rustybullethole
hairnet Posted September 25 Posted September 25 Clock on the bike thinks its 4 in the.morning on 4 Jan 2020 cos it was disconnected for half an hour Wtf
hairnet Posted September 25 Posted September 25 Rofl at the chap tying the bike down No one will nick it Yeah its OK the chain won't fit with the lid - if i don't attach I'll forget its on the deck ( yes I'll be approaching it from.the back so.i can't miss.it/ trip over it )
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now