The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

iirc its 1,2,1,2..... :-D

doff doff doff innit :lol:

360 normally unless its yamaha trying to be harley and they do 270 - usually v twins tho

ps anyone got anything remotely in a rideable condtion for 500 quid or so

i have a revere but i dont fit the riding position and i hate v twins.......... (it was bought in a hurry)

Don't know if anyones interested, but a mate of my boss is after shifting some more of his bikes (he had about 50 when i met him).

I'm not really up on bikes,  but they're mainly euro pedal and pop chod from the fifties and sixties.

Think he's got about 10-15 left, i was talking to him today about his forthcoming works van ('32 ford pickup, on a spitfire chassis with rwd XUD), they're things like nsu's, mobylettes, there's an MV agusta aswell (think it's a 250/350)

I've got a few pictures if anyones interested.

• 2 weeks later...

As I missed out on the GSX600F for sale on here due to OMG dithering and needed to find a GPZ replacement I've now got this little fella,

post-3910-0-66803000-1394647581_thumb.jpg

About the cheapest way to tour two up at a decent pace and the acceleration up to 150 is amazing for a 1991 bike.

Don't know if anyones interested, but a mate of my boss is after shifting some more of his bikes (he had about 50 when i met him).

I'm not really up on bikes,  but they're mainly euro pedal and pop chod from the fifties and sixties.

Think he's got about 10-15 left, i was talking to him today about his forthcoming works van ('32 ford pickup, on a spitfire chassis with rwd XUD), they're things like nsu's, mobylettes, there's an MV agusta aswell (think it's a 250/350)

I've got a few pictures if anyones interested.

I would potentially be interested.

The lower prices and better choice makes me think I really ought to save up and get my full bike test done so I can move up from 125s.  I loved my CG125 but 125s are awfully expensive compared to similar 250s etc due to the CBT limit.

Look for an old CB 125 T super dream? Good little bike and not that expensive.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Bikeshite issues!

ER5

Battery just over a year old. Premium Bosch 'gel'

bosch-m6-014-agm-4.jpg

Stood for three months, last weekend tried to start it (in cold garage) cranked a few times then ran out of juice. Boosted from a motor car and ran the bike for ten mins or so. Came back a few days later, BATTERY DISCHARGED AGAIN (was still very cold I should reiterate). Doomed battery or can it be revived with another boost and a long blast around? I basically know nothing about battery life/motorcycle battery care.

Not just with bike batteries - bosch seem to be getting a lot of criticism for their stuff being shite for cars as well.

I'd heard that too from friends in the trade, going to be giving them a wide berth where possible in the future.

Their home appliances - my washing machine lasted less than four years - utter shite, will never buy their crap again and their customer service is appalling too. According to my gas boiler guy, been going that way for a couple of years now apparantly.

The words Bosch & Premium should not be used in the same sentence IMO.

Should say that bike batteries have never been great and the smaller ones only seem to last a couple of years even when well treated, I only buy cheap ones for my 350YPVS now (about £18) as even the posh Yuasa ones at twice the price don't last any longer whereas 10-15 years ago they'd last about five years according to my records.

Here is my bikeshite. Having not ridden a bike in nearly 30 years I thought I might as well have a go again. One of my mates had a CB125 superdream back in the 80's and I always wanted one back then. So now I have this.

post-5515-0-22177100-1420800770_thumb.jpg

post-5515-0-68270600-1420800826_thumb.jpg

It isn't a bad old thing but you do need to keep the revs up to make it go. I am enjoying it so much I have decided to think about doing my bike test in the spring so bought this for £500

post-5515-0-95089700-1420800962_thumb.jpg

post-5515-0-80959600-1420801029_thumb.jpg

post-5515-0-08178000-1420801088_thumb.jpg

It is a bit scruffy but has an mot and runs well. I will have to take it for a spin round the yard one of these days.