The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

There is this one in France which he says can be delivered Europe wide for 120 euro. Not running mind.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291572838703?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

attachicon.gifmonet.JPG

This bloke has loads of old bikes mostly for sale on leboncoin

Looks like this is mine - hopefully the sale/purchase will run smoothly. He has a couple of K6V's (125cc) for sale in similar condition, but I like this one.

Hopefully I'll find a Starlett soon - such great looking bikes, like a C90's prettier sister.

Thanks-my first foray into French motorbikes and looking forward to it. It has the papers so should be easy to register (so I've been led to believe)

I'm off to France next week so I'll be looking around for them, as well as badgering my mates over there to keep an eye open for them for me.

My observations are that any bikes pre-1980 are fetching strong money, more that I value them at. Two years ago BSA Bantams were fetching between £400 and £600 for good ones, but now basket cases fetch more than that. Unloved British bikes such as Francis Barnetts are fetching big prices now.

I have been researching the Monet Goyons over the last week or two, and am smitten buy them-simple mechainics and nice styling. I can see me getting a few more in the near future. Not with profits in mind, but because they are still reasonably priced, at least low enough to be able to buy few for my own riding pleasure.

Thanks again Panhard for the link and sparking my interest into old bikesm once again.

Off topic (slightly) but does anyone have anything sort of 50 to 300cc going with an MOT and running for about a Monkey?

Not bothered unduly if its Chingalongadingdong or some other make where components are made out of cheese but would like something capable of doing four 6 mile trips a week for 2 years so that I dont have to negotiate the nosebleed that is parking in Preston.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been hankering after one of these for a while to satisfy my 2 stroke urges, so when one turned up in minty condition 4 miles away I clicked first, thought later.

The nice vendor delivered it this morning which meant no collection thread but I haven't ridden a fully manual bike for a while so that's probably for the best.. I've spent the whole day amusing myself with the noise, smell and pleasantly high powerband. Compared to my old c90 it feels like a rocket..

IMG_2996_zpsia64e3v3.jpg