The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

I didn't know there was a bike page on  here aswell. 

Thats a nice peugeot up there! I have a 1951 55GL Peugeot with girder forks, pretty rough though.

For sale I have a few old 50's peds lying about and my fathers got an mz ts150 at the moment.

I have pics if anyones interested.

Wheres the lorry thread as mentioned on page 1 !?

Always interested in old bikes pics and prices please. I am out in France next year and can pick up bits if required. What does the 55 need as I like a challenge

I haven't thought about selling the 55gl really I purchased it from a french scrapmans garden. It was next to a capri and a ds

The engine is seized the fuel tank and frame is ok. Missing carb plus some covers. 

I will have another look at in in January. Havent got any pictures.

I do have photos of the MZ, a Peugeot 50cc bima, 50cc Lavalette (£130) and a 1971 Motobecane n40 (£50).

That Vesparino is excellent. Single sided swing arm is way cool!

I'm still biking, at least 120 miles a day. Sadly yesterday morning my £400 CBR600 let me down (after being unceremoniously thrashed for 20,000 miles in 18 months) as the fuel pump appears to have gummed up/broken. Unreliable crap Honda's.

Fuel pump is well known on these, can be rebuilt if it's the contacts on the top or should run without it if the tank is pretty full.

I didn't know there was a bike page on  here aswell. 

Thats a nice peugeot up there! I have a 1951 55GL Peugeot with girder forks, pretty rough though.

For sale I have a few old 50's peds lying about and my fathers got an mz ts150 at the moment.

I have pics if anyones interested.

Wheres the lorry thread as mentioned on page 1 !?

Yes of course we are interested, pics, prices, location and someone will probably be on it like a tramp on chips.

I'm puzzled by the Lavalette.  I'd only ever seen them as an engine manufacturer for other moped makers, not a maunfacturer of bikes in their own right.

Irritatingly I used to have a Lavalette 50cc engine in non-seized condition at our holiday house in the Auvergne, but it got slung when the house was sold.

I really have a hankering for a little Honda C90 !

But trying to find one appears to be surprisingly hard.

They've been getting steadily dearer for some years, but they're now starting to attract Scene Tax as well, as prospective buyers face competition from 'customisers' who want them to hack up into hideous chopper/bobber mutations for beardy hipster types.

If you want the 'white legshields' look, then go for a Townmate; it's a better bike and usable ones can be had for the price of a fucked C90. If you want a daily rider I suggest the 125 Innova, which is better in every respect. The carbed ones are getting cheap now, and they make excellent hacks. I had one & while not as economical as the FI versions it would cruise happily at 55 and has better suspension, brakes etc.

I really have a hankering for a little Honda C90 !

But trying to find one appears to be surprisingly hard.

I thought that a couple of years ago, I'd expected to pick up a running and riding, MoT'd but possibly a bit scruffy/needing a bit of TLC example for way less than £200. Not a bloody chance, seems the starting price now is over £500 when I looked a few months back.

Didn't know the customisers were that keen on them though have seen a couple about in London so 'modified'. 

Maybe my mind is playing tricks but I'm sure not that many years ago you could easily score one for between £25-100 that was usable and pretty legal. A London-based DR mate of mine used to use a succession of C90's in town and swore by them (Yes, the other DR's took the piss but Andy made a fortune for almost no outlay and was faster around town than the piss-takers).  

Times change,I'm now on C90 number 6,a 1974 round light 6v version that many of the rubbers won't touch because the engine supposedly doesn't like being thrashed,and shares no parts with the more usual type that the pitbike engines are based on.I managed to get it local for £600 with a years mot,and thought myself lucky.

The whole "I'm an individual so I'm going to copy everyone else" "streetcub" thing annoys me,but its a fad which will fade out once the prices rise.its already the case that no one is buying any of these chopped cubs as they are too expensive and pretty useless as a bike.

I have always had c90s as they are the only bike I can afford to run daily (don't own a car) its just they cost more to buy now,the savings come when you use it.its probably paid for itself now in the fuel saved that my Polo drank since I bought it in March.

• 3 weeks later...