The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

^^^good luck with that. I tried talking to him when he was selling a fucked Honda Spacy with the most gash custom paintjob you've ever seen. It was Running When Parked years earlier, and hadn't seen an MOT in a decade, and for this he wanted £2200. I wanted to pay him the going rate for such a machine at the time (£150) but I only succeeded in getting him down to two grand :lol:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/suzuki-tl1000s-1999-sixspeed-electric-start-long-mot-silver-excellent-condition-35000miles-only/1165709027

I really fucking fancy this. I've always wanted to sample the infamous Widowmaker and although this is going to push my budget to the limit I'm tempted to go and have a look later.

Went out on my recent Bikeshite purchase from Strangeangel, a Piaggio Xevo 400 to see my mate who has the ex-Wuvvum Hyosung GT125. He's had some issues with it, starting off with a sump full of petrol (traced to a problem with one of the jets in the carbs). He feared the swing arm was rotten, but just a bit of surface rust-nothing a repaint didn't sort. New fork seals-the oil that came out looked like grey gloss paint, and stank like nothing else could. Then he noted some movement in the rear suspension, so he stripped it. The bottom bearing was so worn, it was difficult to know that it ever had needle rolling bearings. He machined up new bearings to fit, and bought some needle rollers. Then he snapped the bolts that hold the hadlebars on, so drilled those out and rethreaded them. Then he tacled the sticky rwar brake which was corroded (but not as badly as tge brakes on my Suzuli SV650!).

Chassis now all sorted, but bike wouldn't run properly. He stripped the carbs several times before finding the air box inlet rubbers were dropping tiny bits of rubber into the carbs.

But all sorted now-my mate hasn't ridden for 30 years, and is now an expert on these Hyosung vee twins. Everything, with the exception of the handlebar clamps, everything came apart easily, and went back together easily. He loves it as it has a big bike feel, and despite all the issues, its cost him about £50 in parts.

I rode it today, and have to agree-its far better bike than a CG125 to learn on, as it feels and looks so substantial. Sadly it still sports the snake skin paintwork, which he will be sorting when the weather gets better.

As for the ex-strangeangel Xevo, it's brilliant. Used it for my 120 mile commute one day and some running around, and just filled it up-cant believe it,but 80mpg achieved!!!

post-19526-0-02352200-1461515914_thumb.jpg

post-19526-0-21093900-1461515976_thumb.jpg

post-19526-0-41372900-1461516037_thumb.jpg

post-19526-0-43456000-1461516084_thumb.jpg

post-19526-0-14234600-1461516145_thumb.jpeg

post-19526-0-85999000-1461516193_thumb.jpg

As for the ex-strangeangel Xevo, it's brilliant. Used it for my 120 mile commute one day and some running around, and just filled it up-cant believe it,but 80mpg achieved!!!

The EFI system on that thing is brilliant; it manages to go well and be frugal at the same time. My old Honda 250s can't do any better than 65mpg!

Glad to see it getting used :-D

The EFI system on that thing is brilliant; it manages to go well and be frugal at the same time. My old Honda 250s can't do any better than 65mpg!

I had to recheck my calculations, but sure it is correct. Ive 600 miles commuting this week, which will cut my costs, so I think it's a keeper.

The SV650 may be moved on soon, as it wont get any use apart from one track day I've booked in June.

I've been a track day marshal today.  Standing around for hours on an exposed airfield in a viciously bitter wind is about as much fun as you'd expect it to be, but it was quite interesting to see it from the other side.  It's a lot more 'amateur' than I expected...

2016-04-24%2013.02.28_zpsbpu1ybrj.jpg

Despite the biting cold my face has been sunburnt, so double-arse all round really.

cb500 does that

inidcated 80 it was showing 61 mpg

caned it back from leyland today and was still 59 :o

if i stayed legal wonder what itd do

I started my bike hunting in France early this year as I try to collect something whilst I am at Le Mans. I found this on leboncoin.

http://www.leboncoin.fr/motos/960608668.htm?ca=7_s

It's a side car for a Solex !!!! God knows why as a Solex can only just pull itself along. It is twin engined though and 2 wheel drive.

post-5515-0-89874600-1462378489_thumb.jpg