The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

The busa could do with a service.

Neutral hard to find when hot ( every zuki I have had has done this - fresh oil cures it).

The brakes are a bit wooden as well - callipers could do with a strip and clean.

But still a fantastic ride.

New old bike bought tonight

630e0440a129bb7b5ce1065756224d18.jpg

Was almost shite money goes BOOM BOOM BOOM and is pretty good for wheelies, not ridden for 12 months due to falling off last year, it's nice to be back on 2 wheels again.

Do like these,remind me of my TL1000s....sorely missed

Sadly my wrists and back would be murder on 1 now tho

I do have a full fairing/headlight assembly going spare for a pointy SV.......

Do like these,remind me of my TL1000s....sorely missed

Sadly my wrists and back would be murder on 1 now tho

I do have a full fairing/headlight assembly going spare for a pointy SV.......

What colour is it? mine has a small bit of damage and I'd like to get it sorted, its a comfy bike though compared to my GXSR750 and Fireblade

Treated the ke175 to a top end refresh this week . Managed to get a genuine +1mm piston kit for 29 quid delivered ! Needed it mind . Max tolerance for ring gap is 0.65mm and old ones were 1.5mm ! New ones 0.3 so the bore is fine at least . Quick hone and on again .

Little fucker rewarded my attentions by breaking its speedo cable and getting a puncture on its running in ride .

662fd2422975e2d5ef993b8db2bf4018.jpg

8372ad9a71d8368b2b8017117ff20639.jpg

Ah wrong colour for me, my 'damage' is just a small crack by the rear mounting hole, I was not going to fix it but if I found a unmarked replacement I'd have bought it, it'd be easier for me to fix mine and paint than buy yours, but cheers anyway :)

post-19526-0-14610100-1466959173_thumb.jpg

Purchased this last Friday - hadn't even seen a photo of it, only heard the description over the phone given by my brother. He made it sound none too good, and it had been parked outside for 5 months..

Surprised to find it was in very good condition, and that it went straight through an MOT. It wasnt running well but two litres of fresh fuel sorted the rough running and misfires. Still felt a bit clogged up despite the "Italian Tune Up" I gave it on the way home. Dirty air filter perhaps?

Turns out it (from the docs that came with the bike) that it has a restrictor kit fitted, so it can be ridden by an A2 licence holder. Simple to remove to-and the air cleaner is very clean.

With three other bikes to commute on its surplus to requirements, and its too nice to chop about which was my original intention. Incidentally, the ex-Strangeangel Xevo has covered 3000 miles under my arse without incident. The mpg is astounding worst is 72 mpg when doing a 100 mile trip at between an indicated 140 and 160 kph, to 88 mpg when keeping below 120kph