The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

Not strictly shite, but bollocks to it! Picked up a hornet this weekend, first big bike since I passed on Thursday. Probably not as easy to strap all the camping gear on it as the CG I had before but at least it shouldn't take me 7 hours from Stourbridge to sodding lake vyrnwy!

fek did you walk??

post-4817-0-25821000-1463093699_thumb.jpg

fek this was a long time ago :lol:

I have got new (to me) bike!

duke_zpsdosr3tgv.jpg

KTM Superduke 990.  I love that bikes like this exist - it feels a lot like a Yamaha XT or similar when you first get on, yet has top-quality road focused suspension and brakes and is powered by a furiously angry dumper truck engine.  It's using petrol faster than my KV6 Rover does, is hopeless on the motorway (the riding position is like being tied to a crucifix and put inside a wind tunnel), but it's brilliantly entertaining.  I would have preferred an orange one, but this is growing on me.

Where I used to work there were 4 guys who all bought Groms at the same time, they rode them from Yorkshire to the TT.

Top speed is meant to be 65-70, but drafting lorries at 56ish was reported to be the best way to travel long distance.

Grom is a giggle - gets to an indicated 60 rapidly, but is very buzzy at 60

Only a 4 speed box. Wheelies are a piece of piss to pop on it.

Semi knobbly tyres FTW - Green lanes here I come.

Will do the switchback indicator modification ( parts on order) and I have a big tub of ACF 50 to spray it with.

Leaving the mirrors off for now, but will fit the luggage to it.

I'm fetching this Thursday...

1940,so I must be close to having the oldest vehicle on the beige.

May be for sale depending what I decide to do with it :-)

attachicon.gifFB_IMG_1458503049398.jpg

What sort of money would it be if you do sell. ?

In other bike news I have started shopping for when I go to Le Mans next month and it looks like I have found a few bikes to bring home.

They are all Motocomforts and require resto but the engines turn and they are complete as a job lot.

post-5515-0-50428900-1463601312_thumb.jpg

post-5515-0-34989100-1463601325_thumb.jpg

post-5515-0-57284300-1463601343_thumb.jpg

I've decided in my infinite stupidity that a BSA Bantam would be a good idea. Anyone selling one, sub £1500, the cheaper the better/ I'm sort of window shopping at the moment so don't build your hopes up etc.

Other old British rammel also considered if in useable condition, 

Guest Hooli

I've decided in my infinite stupidity that a BSA Bantam would be a good idea. Anyone selling one, sub £1500, the cheaper the better/ I'm sort of window shopping at the moment so don't build your hopes up etc.

Other old British rammel also considered if in useable condition, 

Really must fit the carb & wire the engine up on our D10.

My new acquisition is noiw a runner,first time in 50 years too! Now got to decide whether to restore it or sell it

Sell it. To me.

/\ That is excellent - KING OF THE MOUNTAIN. 

I have FIXED the brake discs on my CBR600.  I thought they were proper warped as they'd pulse the lever under even light pressure, but really really didn't want to splash out £230 on new ones.  In a desperate last attempt to save some brass I freed-off and cleaned out the bobbins with lashings of brake cleaner (using a guide I found on YouTube), and it's only bloody worked!  Those discs are back to semi-floating and are smooth.

Has anyone ridden an Aprilia Shiver, and whats it like for comfort? I'm getting a sore bum after about 45 minutes riding my CBF600 and I can lay my hands on a reasonably priced Shiver.

It doesn't look like there's much wiggle room on the Aprilias seat but the more sporty riding position may take some weight off the old derrier. Anyone tried one?