Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

Why are all the 740 models saloons though? Are there any estate models? I know Hongwell did a tiny 850/V70, but I've never seen a 740 estate model I don't think.

Robeddie Models makes a not very good 1/43 scale estate in white metal, but it's expensive.

s-l1600.jpg

Then thre are the plastic Stahlberg promos, which are 1/20 scale.

4900398.jpg

Polistil made a 1/25 scale diecast.

polistil_volvo_740_gle_1_25_scale_by_426

However, if you include 760s as well, there is the IMU Euromodell one in 1/87

s-l1600.jpg

Atlas 1/43

5500085_orig.jpg

Polistil 1/43

s-l1600.jpg

And Stahlberg 1/20

s-l1600.jpg

Some of may recall that I recently bought six display cabinets from Argos. Today I noticed that they have bloody well reduced the price by 20% which would have saved me a fair few pounds. Bastards. So to teach them a lesson I bought four more. :mrgreen:  It would have been rude not to as I reckon that will see phase three of the model room completed. The six new ones have been built by my very good friend Rob (thanks heaps) as I am generally useless at doing such things so no doubt he'll be delighted to know I'll be getting four more. I'm slowly putting stuff into the new ones so photos will appear in due course. 

Also I bought the RT bus as featured above, lots of memories of riding on them from way back when I were knee high to a grasshopper etc etc. I really should stop buying more models. Nah, I like them too much. 

Oh my we are going to be treated with shots of more filth from your collection. We will all be dribbling, and rubbing our thighs

Yes you are! I am enjoying sorting out what to put where, whether to have some themes (yes) and what not to put out. Looking through the packing boxes I keep wondering why I bought some of them, should really put those in a corner until I have enough to warrant taking a table at the local toyfair. I can take some 'work in progress' photos if you so desire. 

Guisval Seat Malaga. These are my favourite 1/64 scale cars as they weren't available new in the UK so any that did find their way were brought back from holiday.

I only have 2 others now, a Renault 12 and a Seat 131. The latter was part of a haul of about ten that my brother and I brought back from Menorca in 1993 but like a plank I sold them all a few years ago. I'm glad I kept the 131!

post-3238-0-97137300-1503813360_thumb.jpg

A couple of new bits.

Nearest thing available to a Renault 6 in 1/76

36815413246_fd8d2d7cf5_c.jpg

Dauphine by Adam Floyd, on Flickr

You might remember we almost bought a blue Maxi last year and in the seller's garage he had a Rover SD1 estate made using the back of a Volvo 245. With both of those now in the Oxford range I decided to have a go at making one.

36194940653_a3f4a97b99_c.jpg

Rovolvo SD245 by Adam Floyd, on Flickr

37003582415_0f73218180_c.jpg

Rolvo or Vover? by Adam Floyd, on Flickr

https://ck-modelcars.de/en/eur/p/21721/chevrolet-biscayne-maryland-state-police-1966-1-18-autoworld/amm1030-06/

post-4559-0-13852300-1504809569_thumb.jpg

Just ordered this.  Well I've got some new glass shelves coming for one of my cabinets, so it would be rude not to have something to put on them!

Whaddup. I'm not really a toy car licker, but I have a couple which are mostly cars I've owned or cars I'd love to, but never will plus a couple that just took my fancy. I'd really like one of these gold Bburago Xants, if anybody has one going spare, as it's pretty close colour wise to my car and I'd like to add it to the old Panhards etc

They do occasionally pop up on ebay buy seem quite expensive to me. The red one is much more common but I already have one of those.

post-3924-0-02663100-1504820137_thumb.jpg

Here's an oddity:

s-l500.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-model-kit-Yodel-Big-American-dodge-monaco-1-24-american-police-series/322721289806

Japanese issue Yodel kit?

I'm sure Junkman will know more.....

What more is there to know?

They came in Dodge Monaco and Plymouth Fury flavour and aside from the souped up versions in a plethora of septic trigger happy racists guises.

s-l1600.jpg

180637-12155-pristine.jpg

Yodel%20YPM-5-1000%20Monaco.JPG

180638-12155-pristine.jpg

180639-12155-pristine.jpg

There were a lot more than these.

https://ck-modelcars.de/en/eur/p/21721/chevrolet-biscayne-maryland-state-police-1966-1-18-autoworld/amm1030-06/

attachicon.gifAutoworld Biscayne.jpg

Just ordered this.  Well I've got some new glass shelves coming for one of my cabinets, so it would be rude not to have something to put on them!

Bloody hell, that's good service!  It's arrived!  And it looks magnificent too.

I was at a boot sale 2 years ago , got to a stall in time to see a guy handing £20 over for a toy car

The toy car was that 1/8 scale DB5 that came as a kit for £9 a week and cost about £900 fully built , it wasn't all there, it was an old woman selling it, my guess is her husband made it to part 88 then croaked

Moar shite available... Dinky Milk Float £5 plus postage... Dinky Caravan still with the tow hook £5 plus postage...

Dinky Bedford CA, would make a good restoration, no fatigue, would be great in a period finish with some new tyres... £6 plus postage

Postage I'd say would be the usual £2.90, I've tried cheaper but when suitably packed they are too big to send as a large letter.

As lovely as this stuff is I'm trying to concentrate on just a few lines, I'm getting where I simply haven't the space, I'd end up sticking them in the loft which would be a shame.

post-5724-0-61910800-1504899872_thumb.jpg

post-5724-0-42210000-1504899907_thumb.jpg

post-5724-0-62414300-1504900331_thumb.jpg

Whaddup. I'm not really a toy car licker, but I have a couple which are mostly cars I've owned or cars I'd love to, but never will plus a couple that just took my fancy. I'd really like one of these gold Bburago Xants, if anybody has one going spare, as it's pretty close colour wise to my car and I'd like to add it to the old Panhards etc

They do occasionally pop up on ebay buy seem quite expensive to me. The red one is much more common but I already have one of those.

attachicon.gifs-l400.jpg

I've got one the same colour as the picture,not sure if you meant there was a gold one,but I've never seen one.Let me know if you're interested  :-)