What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

The new French president being paraded through Paris in a big Citroen. You might not like his politics or whatever, but still - it's a Citroen.

Just saw that on the news, did look quite impressive, didn't it?

Reminds me of the probably apocryphal story I once heard about the Peugeot 607.

After the massive failure that was the 605, Peugeot weren't going to replace it, but someone in the French Government 'had a quiet word' along the lines of, "Look, the Brits have their Jags, the Germans have Mercedes Benz, even the Italians have their Alfa 166s, Monsieur Chirac is not going to rock up to a G8 summit in a bloody 406, build something big!"

So they built 'something big', and the 607 was born. 8)

Laguna passed MOT today with no advisories :shock:

Mate called today to say he is contemplating fitting Merc 300D engine and box to his 1946 Chevy truck in place of original straight six, Measurements have been taken and there is a gnats tadger in it lengthwise icl. the gearbox. Trans tunnel has plenty of room only potential stumbling block will be the prop as they Chevy is leaf sprung and Merc is independant. :D

Nice one, Si! It does look a beauty though so not surprised it went straight through the test.

Maiking me grin today are desperate for an argument trolls!

Laguna passed MOT today with no advisories :shock:

Mate called today to say he is contemplating fitting Merc 300D engine and box to his 1946 Chevy truck in place of original straight six, Measurements have been taken and there is a gnats tadger in it lengthwise icl. the gearbox. Trans tunnel has plenty of room only potential stumbling block will be the prop as they Chevy is leaf sprung and Merc is independant. :D

I brought a W124 300D TE home from work today, the later facelift one, and by gum its a slug. Gearbox is lumpen too. Be much better with a nice flathead V8!

This belongs to one of the dockers at work, there's no accounting for taste.

Don't be Jel, Be REEM... by Trigger's Retro Road Tests!, on Flickr

I was reading a BMW M5 brochure in the dentist's today (only magazine for men available). One of the features it has is access to Google through iDrive, and a camera which reads road signs and repeats them on the speedo. For the next model, they need to combine these features so if you find yourself following a vehicle with something utterly incomprehensible on the tailgate, your BMW will read and Google it for you.

LOL at the Lambo vid...

I have no idea what 'Be Reem' means, will have to google it.

Alas I can help you there*:

It's from an unbelievably awful telly prgramme featuring some incredibly, almost impossibly stupid Mockney wankers. Basically a handful of slags, airheads, gobshites, and the sort of vermin a gutter is too high for, get together to talk absolute shit to likeminded Mockney shithead bastards.

I defy you to watch it and not want to kill the whole sorry shower of them.

*My missus likes it. Enough said.

It's from an unbelievably awful telly prgramme featuring some incredibly, almost impossibly stupid Mockney wankers. Basically a handful of slags, airheads, gobshites, and the sort of vermin a gutter is too high for, get together to talk absolute shit to likeminded Mockney shithead bastards.

I know what its from as well, but your description doesn't really narrow down the list of potential TV shows.

LOL at the Lambo vid...

I have no idea what 'Be Reem' means, will have to google it.

Alas I can help you there*:

*My missus likes it. Enough said.

TOWIE?

I digress.

DSC_1223a.jpg

Why could these not have arrived for Cholmondeley? They're ace, and nearly mint. It shows up the rusty wing and scuffed bumper rather badly - both of which were inflicted before my ownership. SCTSH is using it again temporarily because he got the Disco back in a state, and he reports a 'massive improvement' in roadholding. Should be interesting.

Got in the car this morning

Frosty screen (may ffs)

heater panel switches all dead.........first time has happened..........but demist fan is on.

Drove to work contemplating (with dread)difficulty and cost of repair. Once car warmed up I sweating tits off.

On arrival had to disconnect battery to stop fan.

Just reconnected battery and all fine.

GRIN!

Yay. Gaz passed its MOT with two advisories today. Kinda happy cos :-

a. it hadnt moved one inch since early October, just sat outside - neglected all winter. Turned the key for the first time this morning, fired 2nd turn, drove straight to MOT station.

b. cos I'm now capable of driving it (having a bad back has restricted clutch action somewhat).

The advisdoriues? Sticky compensator -hardly suprising, and running rough -but the fduel smells awful. Loads better with a new tankful!

Time to put the autos away -and get the toys out!

Estate agent today... "there are no damp problems with this house"

The house stank, there was mould over the walls and the paint was peeling in the hallway. Still aslong as he says there isn't a problem, there isn't one. :lol:

estate agent today - it's had minor subsidence in the rear wall but it's been repaired!

so, the big crack in an internal wall isn't going anywhere then!

Let's not forget the rot in the wood frame of the shower or the rather amateur electrics and plumbing everywhere!

I hate (and love at the same time) buying houses!!!

I hate (and love at the same time) buying houses!!!

Pretty much sums my experience, whilst I'm still a student I've lived in 11 houses now (my Dads job and mum's indecision are at the heart of that alarming statistic) and I have been involved in alot of moves/viewings... the agents always seem to take me for a complete mug since I'm obviously a student and TBH I like playing along with their little game then hitting them with massive awkward questions at the end.... like why the fuck if there is no damp is the entire downstairs mouldy and the internal door frames are rotten to buggery.

Tayne, that'd probably fool any surveyor.... the last house my parents had to sell had a wee bit of rising damp which had eaten all the door frames in the former basement, lazy fecker never noticed and passed it as being perfect.

Road testing a customer's none too shabby 2.2 petrol Auto Zafira today, chanced upon a nice L plated XJ-S, followed by a lout in a BINI. Jag glides away at a decent rate, BINI makes the mother of all growling noises from the buzzy exhaust, and seems to be going nowhere pretty fast. He eventually caught the XJ-S at a roundabout, whereupon he tried it on. (I was simply following within the legal limit) Jag driver simply planted Brogue to Axminster, leaving a shower of gravel. Bini driver looked a little sheepish. I chortled quite loudly.