What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Got a phone call today asking me if I'd like a job. That doesn't happen every day - I need to be interviewed for it but it's a pretty sound start!

Same company, same role (ish) but field based which means a bit more relaxed working hours.

I CAN HAZ VIETNAMESE VISA!

Booking tickets without checking the visa requirement night have been foolish (I've never needed a visa before), I fly a fortnight today.

Nice one! (Possibly) stupid question but are you going there to live or just a holiday?

While working on the car has done much to damage my enjoyment, otherwise, my birthday has been very enjoyable. Tea in bed, then into the 2CV roof-back for a hoon into town - overtaking a LWB Series 1 Landy on the way. Sunshine made the world look even more beautiful. Visited a friendly garage and got them to fit the new wheel bearing to the hub (the wrong one, but this is the Grin thread so I'm glossing over that for now!). Given that it took a welder, angle grinder, several big hammers and a massive hydraulic press, I'm glad I farmed that one out! Standing around chatting to petrolheads was fun and then I quickly got the BX back together. Shame it's still knackered but hey, the job went well up to that point!

Then I discovered that I could buy an electric impact driver on Amazon, using the gift voucher I got for my birthday to get myself a healthy discount. I think my parents probably expected me to buy a book but we've got loads of those!

I'm only going for a holiday Billy. It was a last minute thing with a Vietnamese friend.

I suspect the visa could be renamed "tourist tax".

Thanks all.

Have a good time me old tater and don't forget your camera.

Was chatting to a work colleague the other day who mentioned his dad used to manage the transport of F1 cars and drivers from the UK to the US back when the US had a Grand Prix in upstate NY in the 60's, he described meeting many of the drivers and said what gentlemen they were.

F1CarsatJFKBW300dpi.jpg

I recently discovered that my best mate at school had a grandad who was an F1 driver in the 50's.

How cool!?

I never met his grandad, and his fascinating past was only discovered when he died.

Turns out he wasn't particularly sucessful:

Born 16 April 1918

Died 17 December 2010 (aged 92)

Formula One World Championship career

Active years 1957–1958

Teams Cooper

Races 2

Championships 0

Wins 0

Podiums 0

Career points 0

Pole positions 0

Fastest laps 0

First race 1957 German Grand Prix :Retired at 3 laps

Last race 1958 German Grand Prix :Retired at 2 laps

Still cool though.

Have a LOL at these nobbers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16869432

The customers want something understated, yet they want power and performance when required

No mate, if Mr Estate Agent wanted something understated and powerful, he wouldn't pose around in a £90k Audi, he'd get a Rover 800 Vitesse and fill it with super unleaded.

Ref that chap with the RS6. WTF exactly is this -

a customer relationship management consultancy

Something that makes a shitload of cash for doing next to foxtrot-alpha that's any real use. Helps to have been to the right schools, I believe... :|

For the last few years we've been having a lot of young lad's on mopeds booming up and down our road in big gangs riding like loonies, some don't even have exhausts fitted so you can hardly not miss them.

I was just coming back from Halfords (don't ask) and got stuck at the front of a queue for some traffic lights, next thing i hear is two lads on 'Peds come roaring up either side of me and stop at the front of my car shouting at each over, (I'm in the Golf with the roof down so can hear everything) The light turned green but they are too busy talking to see so i start to nudge forwards.

The next thing i know they both roar of like twats but the young lad (no more then 17) tries doing a wheelie of the lights, big mistake, he over cooks it and i see him doing a Fred Flintsone behind the bike (I think it was a B reg Honda C90 thing) before sliding down the road on his face and the 'Ped shooting off into the rails outside the pub.

It proper fucked the bike up, all the rear end tore off and it smashed the handle bars, he got up looking very embarrassed and i just drove past laughing whilst shaking my head.

I'm mean but if you saw they way they behave on this road you'd be laughing too.

Had a bunch of yooves sitting on the wall outside my house... just hangin'. In a short amount of time they managed to drop a whole skip load of sweet wrappers, drink cartons and what have you. So when I went out and loaded my car, before driving off I asked them if they wouldn't mind picking it up and putting it in the bin not twenty yards away.

When I came back I expected to find it all in my garden but no it was all gone. There are some nice kids it seems. :)

On another matter, my mother's parrot (which is temporarily being looked after by some friends of our whilst the old girl tries a care home for size) asked a visitor today "Would you like the toilet?" Caused much hilarity. He must have picked it up from my mother's carers. I hope that's the worst he comes out with.

I'd expect it most likely to be one of those stupendously high quality Japanese modified cars, they really do produce some beautiful machines from the most unexpected base models. If it is a prototype I'd be super happy because then we might have a chance of seeing them blezzing about in the real world... maybe.

I'd expect it most likely to be one of those stupendously high quality Japanese modified cars, they really do produce some beautiful machines from the most unexpected base models. If it is a prototype I'd be super happy because then we might have a chance of seeing them blezzing about in the real world... maybe.

I want them to have a go at making a Nissan Micra based "replica"! :lol:

It's a Mooneyes Japan modified C6. A Japanese consortium actually own the rights to Dean Moon's company, having bought it from his estate several years ago. Moon are enormous in Japan, and they've expanded their line outwards.

Have a look at http://www.mooneyes.co.jp to see what I mean.

In other news, trying to get away from Pete_M's new Impreza on some backroads. In my C4.

I managed, a couple of times. The rest of the trip was spent dumping my DPF filter all over Pete's bonnet as the Impreza roared out of the soot haze into sharp focus with indecent haste. Top drive, that.