The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Well not certain............

This went in June last year and he mentioned it should work..........and wench's aldi was tested september and he mentioned it on that too.

I have had both cars for years and he never said anything before.

Having said that the last testers manual on vosa site is jan 12 and it is not there but i don't know if there where any updates as we seem to changing alll the time to 'harmonise' with the EU.

Mind you it was a pain with it not working and was cheap to fix.

Wench's Aldi is a different matter though. The washer pipe passes through the motor and they are known to rot out. Result is wipers starts to come on at odds times - thanks to canbus wiring. Fix is a new wiper motor at about £80.....unless the £50 (from dealer) repair kit fixes it.

I was going to similar ... If it's not fitted then it can't be tested.

Rear wiper hole on a scirocco tailgate can be blocked with a 2p piece if I remember correctly .... and injector holes with a 1p piece, useful for using an injection head on a carb block ;)

Not sure if Volksy has been on here to post the same news but the Lancia has gone to a new home. 

IMAG0237_zpsd271cae5.jpg

IMAG0238_zps7fc27147.jpg#

I am a little sad to see it go as don't have a 'proper' classic on the road at the minute but Volksy will really miss it as he loved it. The first thing he said was 'I have just realised I will never be able to afford another'. The chap in the background is not touching himself up, he is the new owner getting money out of his pockets.... 8)

New owner came up to Leeds from Chichester and it got home okay. The car is mechanically sound, just a little frilly round the edges. He has recently retired and is planning on a full restoration so its in good hands. I am hoping not to see it up for sale again soon

I appear to have done it again...

9009568225_590b18fe03_z.jpg

Yep that's another car!, I went to take a look at this Civic that was on the ebay thread tonight and ended up buying it!.

9010750398_ab4b4fe403_z.jpg

9010750396_804f9eb510_z.jpg

Under it's pasty white exterior stands a very soild and orginal little car, the worse part was this front wing.

9009568297_77aede3158_z.jpg

The Doctor owner was given it by his aunt along with the number plate to teach his daughter to drive in 2 years ago but he decided he didn't want her to drive it so ended up sticking it in the garage for another couple of years.

It's only covered 76000 miles and has pretty much every receipt from new, It runs like a sack of crap but I'm pretty sure it's gummy fuel from sitting around so long as the choke and idle is very irregular but it's been regularly serviced and mot'd so i doubt there's much wrong with it...

9010750290_ae793db4ab_z.jpg

The interior is also clean and tidy, even down to the plastic still on the doors but it needs a really good clean as it's been garaged all it's life, everything works, even the radio!.

9010750210_9ab319cf8c_z.jpg

Basic!.

9010750628_f690c83fa3_z.jpg

The rocker cover gasket leaks but this should all clean up nicely.

9010750122_565946e3d8_z.jpg

This was from the first Spanish grand prix, the lady went and got VIP pits treatment and fitted the sticker as a souvenir, I'm tempted to remove it as there's a nice Honda sticker underneath.

9010750000_09c3a1b44e_z.jpg

Original dealer tax disc holder.

9009567641_df65c66bc4_z.jpg

The full length roof is brilliant and one of the reasons I bought the car, I'd imagine it's unique even.

9010749808_fd7d3e94fe_z.jpg

9010749724_d89f46bd06_z.jpg

9009567233_55f2069e62_z.jpg

And it comes with a massive amount of paperwork, the original plate is LME 285P, hopefully it will go back on it again.

After a lot of haggling I gave £1150 for it, I don't know if that's good or not but I can't see me losing to much money it after cleaning it up.

shine a light trigger, thats fantastic! My grandad turned up with one of those just like that as a gift for my mum when I was about 5 or 6, she couldn't drive so it sat on the road outside the house for a couple of years and he eventually took it away, I remember being told to bash the plums out of the back wheels with a hammer to free off the stuck brakes as he dragged it down the drive.

Nice Civic, Trig. I'd leave the Marlboro sticker as you won't see another one of them for a long time.

Meanwhile, I've been having an OCD moment.

I actually bothered to get this sticker reprinted because it was missing from the door.

All it says, in Japanese, is "Don't put this car through a car wash without consulting the operator first" 

Or, according to Google translate;

" If you want to wash the car roof spoiler instrumentation and attention Sella in the use of the roof spoiler with car and Sella, depending on the species of car wash machine, a possibility that spoiler caught, hurt the vehicle Masu Li §. Please consult our staff always."

942821_10151643529594644_1114928218_n.jp

Sad, huh?

For I think the first time since I've owned it (nearly a year now) I hovered the 306 out this evening. It was absolutely bogging, I banged the seats and have probably caused Manchester airport to close due to poor visibility such was the clouds of shit that came out.

Took the allegro to the Tayside classic car club show at Errol yesterday. While there I had a sniff round the adjacent car boot sale and happened upon a box of car mags. A few Custom Car mags from the early 70s and over 20 Car from 73 to 75 and a few Autocar, Motor Sport and a couple of Americam mags all early 70s. Short barter chat went as follows-

Me: How much for the magazines?

Seller: £2 each

Me: Oh! (Look of surprise)

Seller: Or ten for £3

Me: (Scratches chin) How about a fiver for the box?

Seller: Ok

image_zps8897094d.jpg

image_zps218b72e2.jpg

Here's a quiz. What new car is being described in ths Car scoop report?

Down in a Welsh valley, something stirred! And on a quiet motorway, something stopped on the hard shoulder! Two versions of the same 'thing'....What are they? Well, they're British, that's for sure. and they appear to be aerodynamically good and unusually stylish. In size they seem to be larger than, say, Cortina or Rover, but reasonably close to Ford Granada.

Trig, you're a fugging legend.  Mk1 Civics are ace.  The one I had was rotten as a pear but massive fun to drive.  When they're running right they go like the clappers.

When you get fed up with it, simply go on Retro Rides and offer to swap it for every car in the For Sale section for about nine months.

Trigger - that Civic does look rather nice, it'll be good to hear how it compares with the Alto.

Well done on shifting the Fullvia H.Imp & Volksy, now what to replace it with ... I think you guys need another Lancia, maybe even a convertible ;) or if a renault GTA inspires you I may have one of those I'd be willing to part with (not for £600 though).