Cavcraft 2015: Vectra, because you're worthless.

Cavcraft

I had heard of them but didn't know they were out yet. I reckon there have been signs you have been itching to do this for a while??

You probably got it on some kind of pcp deal for 20p a month with all servicing/repairs rolled in?

There are some bloody good deals out there. After having a shite Corsa for a couple of years my daughter got a Polo on a pcp and I couldn't fault the deal.

Other opinions are available but they are wrong.........

Warning TL:DR

Nothing exciting, I just decided I'd never had a new car and the time to put that right was now. I wanted something cheap and 'looked' (mostly via the internet, dealers or carparks) at a few others then had a test drive in one of these. There's probably nothing between most of the 'cheap' base cars these days but I did like this and had a decent bonus from work to stick down on it.

It's been on order for probably 8 weeks at least, they did say it'd take a while as they were on back order and are made in South Korea. The basic model (this one) was fairly well spec'd, some sort of lane warning thing, cruise control etc) and the options list had a few things on it. The trouble is the price starts creeping up by the time you add 'fancy' paint, air con, alloys etc  but then that seems pointless if you're buying a car partly because it's cheap. So, bollocks to it, I just ordered an electric sunroof as I've always liked them and it is very nice. So, no spare wheel (just then infuriating can of tyre weld) steel wheels and basic stereo. I reckon I've probably got a spare wheel here that will fit (so fuck £125 extra for a new one) and if I ever decide to get alloys I'm pretty sure I'll get some nice aftermarket ones for less than the £500 Vauxhall wanted.

I'm well off not having a CD player though, I'm only just out of cassettes and having a cable to my phone or ipod is just dog turd, as you have to look at/fiddle with the bastarding thing to select a track, can't seem t make the steering wheel controls to do it, but expect my lad can suss this out.

I know there are pros for PCPs and balloon payments, I'm just not a fan of them personally, so I lobbed a pretty big deposit on it and financed the rest over 3 years and (EPIC CARCRAFT RENAULT CLIO THREAD) the payments are affordable enough. No, I didn't 'need' a new car, I just wanted one and it's about as mingebag as it'll get. I'd have given serious consideration to a Dacia by the way, but the local dealer (same group as the Viva) were just hopeless, so I gave up very early on.