Scrapyard Frolicking

Pillock

Popped along to Albert Looms today, what a beautiful place! In a world of health and safety, their only concession is that there's a chap with a bin full of high-vis vests who chucks you one as you walk in, and a sign saying "Are you wearing appropriate footwear?".

Everything is on the floor, where it belongs - in a mix of oil, mud, broken glass and floor mats (which seem to be pressed into use as knee protectors). Nothing is in any order so you have to walk up and down the rows - or rather, you don't stand out if you just want to wander around and not buy much. Blokes just wandering up and down with toolkits in one hand and booty in the other.

Only downside is that because I was there at half twelve, and they shut at one, they'd already turned all the computers off and shut the stores so I couldn't pay on card - which is a bit twattish of me, what type of middle class twerp turns up to a greasy field full of cars and expects to pay by Visa? Maybe I'll offer bitcoins or Paypal next time. So I've left my starter motor (removal time from an obvious OMGHGFMGZR donor - 3 minutes tops, quite proud of myself for that) and my battery at the gate, and I'll collect in the week. 

IMG_20150208_122159.jpg

This wasn't in the yard to break, it was towards the cars for sale but had no price. Last taxed 1995.

IMG_20150208_122851.jpg

SVM, turn away now. Let it go. You can't save them all.

IMG_20150208_122855.jpg

Yeah, Mwah indeed. Someone had given this a proper kiss, up the front with a truck by the looks of it.

IMG_20150208_123142.jpg

IMG_20150208_123256.jpg

Plenty of older stuff, which is nice - a lot of scrappies are crushing anything more than 10-15 years old because the market is so limited.

IMG_20150208_123503.jpg

Engineless Saff

IMG_20150208_123539.jpg

This is why Looms is an autoshite friendly scrapyard - couple of Kettles, a Fellatio and a complex French barge.

IMG_20150208_123322.jpg

Gee-El-Ess, the crowd say "Electric front windows, electric aerial and 14" wheels instead of 13" Seleeeectaaaa.

There was a good old skool scrappy in Sankey near Warrington, had all sorts in there, fair prices too - alas it's a housing estate now  :-(

Yep - BHL (Barrow Hall Lane).

Got a door for my first SD1 from there, along with many other bits.

Bollx, I know you're not far away in the grand scheme of things but I am going back for the bits I had to leave behind - I can either grab the lamp for you, or I can at least see if it's still on the car if you want? Some stuff is pretty knackered, they seem to leave it open to pickings until it's completely bare so the website can be a bit optimistic and get your hopes up.

There's a closed off part too, cars look more complete in there so I wonder if they move them out to the main yard once they've ebayed the really valuable bits. It's a shame the gate was locked, as there appeared to be an old Yugo tucked away which isn't on their list.

Great pictures. :)

Yugo will be this one. Spotted by a Looms regular who posts on the Fiat Forum...underside of rear sills are weetabix apparently... :(

http://www.fiatforum.com/panda-classic/418613-like-panda-but-not-panda-but-sad-yugo-45-a.html

2015-01-26_12_42_16.jpg

2015-01-26_12_32_38.jpg

Yeah, that's the Yugo since it's not moved at all - I just forgot to grab a photo on the way out through the fence.

Is the Piazza HBL still there?

No Piazza on the website, and if it was in the yard I didn't see it in half an hour of wandering up and down.

That one in the pics would have been lovely, pre date-with-death...  Subtle RS kit on it.

T'was a V6 too. Well, it still is - engine looks intact.

Oooh derby that's not that far away from me, i may have to pop up and pick at the carcass of that sierra

It has no engine but otherwise looks OK

WAIT A SECOND!! I've got a great idea....