Planes trains and automobile collectioning.

davehedgehog31

My longest collectioneering mission to date will shortly get underway encompassing land and also air based transportation.

An ambitious schedule will see collection achieved this evening and a lengthy return drive completed through the wee small hours.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Due to a scotrail fuck up, I am a bus wanker.

Best seats in the house though, I am the Lord of the bus said he.

Going into Glasgow for scrans and to lift monies before proceeding to the Aerodrome.

I'm fantastically earlyfbdb01231db9269fd3b9aef29e6cccfd.jpg

At the Airstrip at the moment. Of all the forms of travel, the metal bird has to be the most loathsome. The security dance routine really highlights the most dense and disorganised people to plod the earth.

My destination is Gatwick but flight delayed. This is going to be a long and dark drive home with possibly more than one Pez stop. I may end up admitting defeat half way and availing myself of a Travel Tavern.

How's progress at Abbotsinch?

Flight somewhat delayed.

Just purchased a tiny coffee for 3 and one half pounds. Robbers.

Pictured next to cheapo fault code reader for scale, I'm sure it's only deployment on this trip. 734b9e0946dd16da55b42b3038762200.jpg

Oh dear.

I remember going to pick up a Vauxhall Omega that RantingYoof had bought on my behalf in February 2016.

Bloody 11:30 flight from Aberdeen to Birmingham was cancelled because of snow in Manchester (the plane we were to get was coming from Manchester first). I ended up on a bus to Inverness for a flight that only left Inverness at 6:30pm! That was a loooooong day.

I actually still have the Inverness to Birmingham boarding pass hanging on the wall next to my computer desk.

Bloody 11:30 flight from Aberdeen to Birmingham was cancelled because of snow in Manchester (the plane we were to get was coming from Manchester first). I ended up on a bus to Inverness for a flight that only left Inverness at 6:30pm! That was a loooooong day.

My work send me up to Aberdeen on occasion and always ask if I can "nip over" to Inverness, they think everything up that way is close together and connected by motorway.

I've been guilty of it myself with the very south of England. Was working in Folkestone and there was a wee job in Plymouth, thought I'd just take the hire car through before coming back up the road. It took about 6 hours.

We need updaetz!

Not much happening here I'm afraid, latest is flight should arrive into Gatwick sometime around 2215hrs. If I make it off the M25 for the 0048hrs shipping forecast I'll be doing well.

I feel like Tom Hanks in that film where he lives in the airport, but with less Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Clues so far, modern enough for OBD reader, old enough to play cassettes. Opulent enough to contemplate 470 miles in one go.

One further clue, its from a European country I've NOT owned before. Owned many French, Italians, Deutsch, Czech, British.

Not much happening here I'm afraid, latest is flight should arrive into Gatwick sometime around 2215hrs. If I make it off the M25 for the 0048hrs shipping forecast I'll be doing well.

I feel like Tom Hanks in that film where he lives in the airport, but with less Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Clues so far, modern enough for OBD reader, old enough to play cassettes. Opulent enough to contemplate 470 miles in one go.

One further clue, its from a European country I've owned before. Owned many French, Italians, Deutsch, Czech, British.

405 estate choice of champions (and Junkman)

Hope the rest of the trip goes well!

One thing I fail to understand, why would one pay more to get on the plane early, thus spending longer in a roasting claustrophobic tube?

Wait until the very end of the queue, you'll have no hassle and be spared the pain of folk clambering over you and dropping bags on your head from a height.