1995 Citroen AX Dimension 1.0 12 MONTHS MOT £200 OVNO

bramz7

Hello.

I have another one for sale as I've agreed to take on a proper autoshite daily instead. 

This AX has been more or less the perfect daily, no FTPs, everything works, passed its MOT earlier this month with minor advisories. 

60k on the clock, doubtful to hit 61k before it goes. Had been towed behind a camper van for some time so I think a fair amount of that was added to the clock as it was being towed. 

The engine is very peppy (obviously won't set the world alight) for a 954cc and it copes remarkably well on the motorway. I might have accidentally hit 80 in it. 

Interior is very nice, no broken switch gear, seats all comfortable and no rips or anything. I don't think the sunroof leaks, it did once drop some water but I think it had been left open. Original radio in situ and working. 

Insanely good on fuel, I've done 1200 miles in it and its barely cost £100. 

Bad bits- Truly epic lacquer peel on every horizontal surface. To be fair, it could be worse...

Some clicking sounds on full and fullish lock, but no mention on MOT. 

Did have A frame gear attached, so the mounts are still on the front. I forget they are there and they look like mini battering rams. BUT A frame gear all included and in the boot.

For some reason the indicator relay goes mental occasionally (the lights don't engage though) but it seems to have shut up for the moment. Could be a dirty contact, who knows. 

Scuffs and dints all over but nothing huge. 

TLDR photos

34666592060_2959d4cec9_b.jpgP1010963 by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

34922779401_74ecb95d87_b.jpgP1010964 by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

34666586310_e4d2291292_b.jpgP1010965 by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

34666582690_65355f1dbc_b.jpgP1010966 by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

34890002292_0419ec3222_b.jpgP1010967 by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

34922766321_ced6a59501_b.jpgP1010968 by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

34889997832_c6842fd192_b.jpgP1010969 by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

34889995632_b1d3251de2_b.jpgP1010970 by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

These early Dimension cars are tasty spec, and the heater is so good. AND BOTTLE HOLDERS.

All this for £200 or very, very nearest offer. 

I can drive it to you if you pay train fare etc....

As ever, located in Reading, Berkshire.

If it's owt like the Pug106's clocks it'll have done a fair few more miles if its been towed behind a camper van: they don't add miles or show speed if the ignition isn't on. GLWTS, it looks a belter.

Ah thanks for that, still drives very nicely. 

As a bonus, the original dealer keyring comes with it, as well as dealer sticker and plates.

AFAIK, last full service was mid 2016, some sub 2000 miles ago.

Pleased it has sold quickly.

I've just remembered a good Ax story. Someone I used to work with had his car bomb an MOT, and he literally scrapped it on the spot, and then realised he needed a car within the hour to get to work.

So he whacked up Gumtree on his phone, located a 'red' Citroen AX 1.0 being sold with 6 month's ticket for more than this example, walked to a bank machine, walked two miles to the car, handed over the asking price, insured and taxed the car on his phone on the guy's driveway, and then drove it the 30 miles or so to work.

I actually unintentionally followed him into the work's car park coveting the car, and parked the space but one away from it in Mason (because SIZE DIFFERENCE YO).

I collected this last night, and very pleased with it - goes well and just the thing to save my Saab from doing short journies and keeping it away from selfish wankers who are unable to open doors without hitting the door of the car next to them.

Never even sat in an AX before yesterday - quite odd as it's the reverse of new cars in that it is small on the outside and spacious inside.

Coped well with a wet and dismal M4, M25 and M11 120 mile drive home at an indicated 70 mph. Four speed boxes are for winners!

And thanks Sam for sharing with me what your new purchase will be. Looking forward to seeing the photos.

If it's owt like the Pug106's clocks it'll have done a fair few more miles if its been towed behind a camper van: they don't add miles or show speed if the ignition isn't on. GLWTS, it looks a belter.

Forgot to say it has a mechanical odometer - first thing I tried was coasting downhill with the ignition off, and the odometer kept recording. I think the electronic ones only record mileage when the ignition is on.

I got home late from work late last night in one of the poshest work cars-but couldn't resist taking the AX for a quick run-it's such fun to drive.

Just need to decide if I should run some 1500 grade wet and dry over the peeling lacquer to flat it off and spray some clearcoat on it, or paint it black or leave as it is. Decisions, decisions.

If I wasn't busy being at a Shitefest, this would have sold even quicker.

Bargaintastic.

Anyhoo, it's gone to another appreciative gent, and I have a different ex-Bramz French lovely coming to live with me soon. Enjoy it Jerzy!

The 405 looked good if that's the one you are having. And so did the BX!

405 is mine, I just need to remember where in central London I parked it!

Think KJ is getting that tasty looking R19 that's already made it's way north.

I'm sat in that tasty R19 as I am reading this - the interior really is as nice as it looks

F7D845DE-4F54-45C5-A7AB-FF35C23FAC0F_zps

Let me know when you've finished with the 405, Mike - it's local for me now ...

I got home late from work late last night in one of the poshest work cars-but couldn't resist taking the AX for a quick run-it's such fun to drive.

Just need to decide if I should run some 1500 grade wet and dry over the peeling lacquer to flat it off and spray some clearcoat on it, or paint it black or leave as it is. Decisions, decisions.

Glad you're loving it! It was such a hoot to drive about in. I actually preferred it to the 205 I (briefly) had. 

405 is mine, I just need to remember where in central London I parked it!

Think KJ is getting that tasty looking R19 that's already made it's way north.

I think I've sold 4 cars to people off of here and they're all over the place now. Even the ZX that attempted to kill itself when DW got it is still going, with a new owner now. 

I remember my old boys AX, I haven't seen another one like it.

1.4, I believe it was a K reg. Dark Blue. 5 door. Very good car. It had a 5 speed box and the interior looked completely different to what I see on other AX's. The Door handles where the Pull type not the slot type as seen on the one above.

Believe he let it go cheap as head gasket was on its way out. 

Took it out yesterday to pop out to do some shopping-ended up hooning it around for 90 minutes through b roads and lanes. May only have 50 bhp (250 less than my Saab) but less bhp often equals more fun.

Got most of the loose lacquer off of the roof with my thumbnail, but still looks like it has the pox.

Also took the "boxing gloves" off of the front:

post-19526-0-10168400-1497184780_thumb.jpg

to see what they covered. These:

post-19526-0-80714600-1497184228_thumb.jpg

Mount's for the A-Frame that was used to tow it behind a motor home. I thought they may be bolted on, but it appears they are welded in place (and substantially too. Now, do I leave them in place, or angle grind them off?

They are (ingeniously) covered, but looked properly and once on a couple of ramps, I can get behind the bumper and get rid of the sticky out bits off. Bit of gaffer tape over the holes, bit of red paint and silver foil, jobs a good 'un.