Cheap mots for £20 quid at just mots

Vince70

I hope this code works for you but I've just booked up 4 cars in for an mot next year with this code SPECIALXMAS2013

The code has got to be used by the 31st of dec for the offer and as long as it's booked online it can be used anytime next year.

I just hope my shite collection can last long enough now till the next mot :)

Just mots have garages all over the south here's a link to the website.

http://www.justmots.eu

To be fair Just MOT's worthing branch did the test on my rebel van when it first went back on the road, about 2 years ago... it passed.

The tester had a very rusty capri outside (which was his) and they generally seemed like a decent setup no better or worse than anyone else. If i was due a test I'd consider booking in there again.

So no remedial work done = nothing whatsoever?

I understand the appeal of an MoT station that won't try to get work by failing cars, but it is often handy if the tester is in a position to help you out a bit, especially with very minor stuff.

For example, my cars often fail because I've failed to notice something relatively trivial such as the light bulb that illuminates the rear numberplate. Most testers would simply bung a bulb in for me and pass it, rather than fail it on that. But presumably these guys would send me home with a fail sheet, necessitating a return to the station for a retest.

Quote from their website. :-

"Where reasonably appropriate, practical, accessible, available and applying only to standard vehicle makes and models, Just MOT’s will WITH NO EXTRA CHARGE supply and fit standard bulbs and wiper blades. This offer is subject to there being no significant dismantling or time required."

So looks like you wouldn't lose out Mr Livered. ;)

If they don't do repairs then how can they possibly make any money? I thought the fifty-odd pounds MoT fee was the maximum charge set by VOSA, who presumably want their share of it.

Sorry, but the skeptic in me distrusts these discount MoT and service places. I take my cars to an independent garage where I know the tester will be fair. If it fails it won't be down to an excess mili-fraction of free-play in an exhaust mounting.

I must say i was wondering how these MOT sheds make any money nowadays. My preferred MOT shed charges £35 and they always seem happy enough to do an MOT for me, despite knowing that I won't leave the car with them for repairs. I remember about 20 years ago my local garage charged about that much (might have been upper 20's) for a test and nowadays they need loads more expensive tackle than they did then so how does it stack up? £20 for an MOT seems amazing, it takes best part of an hour to do one including the paperwork etc so you can deduct at least a third of that straight away for a mechanic's labour, leaving you with £13-£14 an hour to cover the costs of all those brake rollers, emission testing gubbins and fook knows what? Presumably you have to pay some sort of subscription to VOSA as well, i know back in the day my garage had to buy the blank certificates and they weren't cheap.