Dollywobbler's Skoda Pogweasel Debadged One Heck of an Estate

dollywobbler

The leccy window mechs are crap, and Bohemias were prone to have paint peel on the bumpers, I very nearly bought an L&K years back, but I'm sure it had been in a nasty shunt, it just didn't look or feel right. the met dark blue green was dingy I thought too, and the leather wasn't the best quality, keep fit steering too, Bohemia wheels easier to keep looking fresh as well, would rather have an E spec Blackline Favorit, mega rare as most were 54bhp, Silverlines lasted well in to E spec 67bhp as well as run out 'Qualitaire' and 'CD' estates, Qualitaires in deep metallic burgundy looked seriously smart I thought, there was a not exactly standard Fav on the forecourt at DMK when I worked there, had every Skoda Motorsport option on a white GLX trim, plus all round electric windows, and it had a tweaked engine with rather more than the tandard 54bhp, an old bloke bought it, clearly a senile delinquent, as even though it was nearing it's 2nd birthday, it was on at new Felicia money! I always wonder what happened to that car, I think it came directly from Skoda GB, and was surprised Dougal didn't keep it for himself

Anyone who says you overpaid at £700 knows nothing about the market, The same people who saw one 8-10 years ago for sale at £350 and doesn't understand the concept that values go up as well as down. Particularly when the age/rarity barrier is crossed.

The same people that would come up to me in the Cinquecento and say "oh i haven't seen one of them for yonks, bet that's fun, would you take £300 for it?", when you laugh and say you wouldn't even consider it the usual response is "Why? Mate got one for his daughters first car a while back for £200".... How old was she? "17 i think", how old is she now?, "29"... exactly, piss off. :lol:

Mint Favorits now seem to be around the £3k mark, they are doing what Estelles and Rapids did, I suspect really good ones have been heading home, Felicia Fun values however seem to have imploded because the damn things rot for giggles, and you cannot get that bonded on bodykit off to weld the sills, and the half leather seats fade alarmingly

The leccy window mechs are crap, and Bohemias were prone to have paint peel on the bumpers, I very nearly bought an L&K years back, but I'm sure it had been in a nasty shunt, it just didn't look or feel right. the met dark blue green was dingy I thought too, and the leather wasn't the best quality, keep fit steering too, Bohemia wheels easier to keep looking fresh as well, would rather have an E spec Blackline Favorit, mega rare as most were 54bhp, Silverlines lasted well in to E spec 67bhp as well as run out 'Qualitaire' and 'CD' estates, Qualitaires in deep metallic burgundy looked seriously smart I thought, there was a not exactly standard Fav on the forecourt at DMK when I worked there, had every Skoda Motorsport option on a white GLX trim, plus all round electric windows, and it had a tweaked engine with rather more than the tandard 54bhp, an old bloke bought it, clearly a senile delinquent, as even though it was nearing it's 2nd birthday, it was on at new Felicia money! I always wonder what happened to that car, I think it came directly from Skoda GB, and was surprised Dougal didn't keep it for himself

Yes I agree with pretty much everything you said there but it still looked a seriously nice car. You've mentioned the electric windows before but I have an SLXi sitting here with a set of later ones that I'd keep. Our Felly is still really solid, it just has comedy laquer peel so I doubt I could get more than a couple of hundred, so whilst it seems a shame to break it, it would be worth more to me in bits.

Believe me, if a decent Blackline or Qualitaire came along I would have carried on bidding. Just for the seats alone!

That seems like a good price, and hopefully it will be an effective product.

I was a little puzzled by the washing of the car at the end, as surely if the wax overspray is removed by soap and water, it doesn't bode well for longevity! I'd expect white spirit to be a lot more effective. Is the overspray still present?

I was a little puzzled by the washing of the car at the end, as surely if the wax overspray is removed by soap and water, it doesn't bode well for longevity! I'd expect white spirit to be a lot more effective. Is the overspray still present?

It hasn't entirely disappeared, which is good. I guess there must be some sort of curing, though he said there was no need to let it do so. Who knows.

I agree the window motors have a feeble feel to them. I once bought a GLXi from new, specced with leccy windows, and they felt the same even when new. The L&K wheels are pain to keep clean. People always seem to have an issue with the 1.6 motor (cos VAG?)but I find it fine. I owned a Fun for 19 years from new and never had engine issues, (though I gave up on the losing battle against rot and she returned home). The L&K does feel like an old man's car though, whereas the Fav feels a bit more boy racer. I think a Blackline in any spec would be my Holy Grail (I'm a sad bastard).

I think I saw that DMK Fav back in the day. May have been in the club mag at the time.

It hasn't entirely disappeared, which is good. I guess there must be some sort of curing, though he said there was no need to let it do so. Who knows.

The Krown treatment won't wash off where it is has been deliberately applied, the post-application wash just gets rid of the droplets of overspray on the paintwork etc.

It makes sense to quote Krown's own FAQ here:

Q: Doesn't washing the vehicle defeat the purpose of treating it? (Won't the product wash off?)

A: After your vehicle is sprayed with Krown at one of our locations, your vehicle receives a wash. We are cleaning the excess product off of the windows and painted surfaces where the product is not active. The rust inhibitor itself cannot be removed from the metal with soap and water.

https://krown.com/en/faq/

I haven't seen the Herne Bay (Express Garage) one for a while, but still has MOT. GLXi

attachicon.gifP3310006.JPG

Regarding people on the internetz moaning about the price - DW's is one of the best left! Numbers on Howmanyleft have halved from 300 taxed to 150 taxed in last two years. Now was the time.

This does still exist. Saw it in the same parking bay today. And it's absolutely hanging now. No camera on me.

I suspect that applies mainly to the US. Some states use fairly harsh chemicals to keep the roads free of ice.

I paid for underside treatment only and have a certificate that guarantees the work for 24 months. The price I paid includes a top-up of the coating 6 months from the date of application.

I suspect that applies mainly to the US. Some states use fairly harsh chemicals to keep the roads free of ice.

I paid for underside treatment only and have a certificate that guarantees the work for 24 months. The price I paid includes a top-up of the coating 6 months from the date of application.

Fair enough - I did note that the pricing page when I looked was showing $ which showed the site is obviously mainly US based.

I do have a gripe though - FAQ page that mainly points to videos...this seems to be becoming increasingly common...are the human race as a whole losing the ability to read?

I think wd40 helps.

I've had the joys of frameless doors over the last few years, where the glass is meant to drop, yeah, not if it's frozen to the door seal.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Apparently don't put wd40 in locks (don't know exactly why something to do with not being luby enough and tumblers wearing) carbon graphite powders the thing, you can get it off eBay in handy squeezy bottles for a few quid!

Oh and andyrew, how fucking fit is that car of yours!?! Have you still got it? That needs to go back on the road, such a smart alternative to the usual modded hot hatch. Love it

Another edit, iainrcz have you every had problems with window regulators failing or motors burning out when the glass can't drop cos it's frozen to the seal? My E46 has those windows and it's a cause for concern!

Fair enough - I did note that the pricing page when I looked was showing $ which showed the site is obviously mainly US based.

I do have a gripe though - FAQ page that mainly points to videos...this seems to be becoming increasingly common...are the human race as a whole losing the ability to read?

Correct. I linked to the US site as it has an FAQ section. The UK site does not, but does have a good description of the application process - http://krown.co.uk/

The product used (T40) is the same so the information is relevant.

Agreed re the chosen medium of video to convey information. I think this is a US trend that is making its way over here. I don't particularly care for it.

Apparently don't put wd40 in locks (don't know exactly why something to do with not being luby enough and tumblers wearing) carbon graphite powders the thing, you can get it off eBay in handy squeezy bottles for a few quid!

Oh and andyrew, how fucking fit is that car of yours!?! Have you still got it? That needs to go back on the road, such a smart alternative to the usual modded hot hatch. Love it

Another edit, iainrcz have you every had problems with window regulators failing or motors burning out when the glass can't drop cos it's frozen to the seal? My E46 has those windows and it's a cause for concern!

Only ever had one regulator fail. That was years ago on a 407.

This does still exist. Saw it in the same parking bay today. And it's absolutely hanging now. No camera on me.

I spotted that one parked there about four years ago. It looked like it lived a hard life even then. The best we can hope for is that it ends up with that chap who likes to save them all who was featured in a magazine article a while back. The pix included one that lived in the street round here until recently and was pretty rough. Unlikely the Herne Bay one will be bought and restored by anyone I think. It really is approaching the end of the line for ropey examples.

Only ever had one regulator fail. That was years ago on a 407.

It was something that was bothering me. I know not to try opening the windows when they're obviously froEn to the seals but when the car attempts to do it anyway I felt that expenditure was never far away!

It was something that was bothering me. I know not to try opening the windows when they're obviously froEn to the seals but when the car attempts to do it anyway I felt that expenditure was never far away!

I know what you're saying.

You pull the handle and wince as the glass makes a horrible noise as it rips itself from the door seal.

If I'm at work and I know it's going to be a cold night, I pinch a wee smear of this thick white silicone grease we use. Just to try and prevent the glass from sticking to the seal.

It makes a mess on the glass, but I'd rather wipe that off than go to Toyota and spend God knows on a new seal.

Hi Ian, not had a chance to watch the last two videos properly yet (but will) but had a quick skim. One thing I noticed is your heated rear window seems to work properly. That's worth £700 right there. All four of my Favs and Felicias have had at least one bar dead. I am both impressed and jealous.

Hi Ian, not had a chance to watch the last two videos properly yet (but will) but had a quick skim. One thing I noticed is your heated rear window seems to work properly. That's worth £700 right there. All four of my Favs and Felicias have had at least one bar dead. I am both impressed and jealous.

Yeah, it works, but leaves a huge section in the middle of the screen uncleared by design. Bad design. If the wiper is clearing somewhere that the HRW isn't, that's bad design.

I know what you mean but then the angles on the heated rear window...

post-20743-0-24754900-1545231986_thumb.jpg

Match those of the steering wheel.

post-20743-0-36004800-1545232138_thumb.jpg

That's pure class and surely far more important than practicalities like being able to see out the back. I do wonder if that was part of the Bertone design because a quick perusal of their other designs shows that rear visibility was never really considered necessary.

I didn't think the coolant looked great, and these engines are known for both sludge and OMGHGF, so I played safe and got my local garage to change the coolant. £20 to save myself a whole lot of pissing about and ending up with a pool of toxic water under the car that my cat might enjoy. Briefly.

Du4OPUEXQAEFwHI.jpg

The old coolant didn't actually look that bad once it was pouring out, but never mind. Job done. Naturally, it has made no notable difference to anything at all, but I still feel better knowing it's done. Now hoping to have decent enough weather to carry out a service before we go road-tripping around the south of England.

If you didn't manage to check the thermostat, a quick test is to remove it, note the operating temperature and place it in a pan of water on the stove with a reliable thermometer also immersed. Then heat the water, it should operate at its stated temperature and close again when cooling down.

Otherwise, have you suspected the water pump? High coolant temperature indicated plus cool heater may be a sign the pump needs replacing.