Cavcraft 2017: Another day, ANOTHER Rover!

Cavcraft

No Terios, soz. I had one a couple of years ago, but long since gone.

Stephen: Alfa still here.

Incidentally, the MG has had a temp reprieve as the yard don't want it on the wrong alloys.

Looks like this, google Sealey vacuum pump. I got mine for £40 from Amazon but it's honestly worth every penny. These aren't supposed to be used on petrol either, but I do regularly with no ill effects.

I wonder why you can't use them with petrol? Some sort of vacuum pressure thing I wonder? I suppose it could be a static issue (as flowing liquid creates it) but I don't imagine it'd be quick enough to be an issued

Yep, going to try and fit the Vectra spare alloys with a couple of bolts, keep the MG wheels and call the yard in. Sir David of Chaseracershire has just popped over and noticed it's got xenon headlights, so might whizz the bulbs out, but probably apply the usual CBA position.

Mudflaps worth a bit, get them off too.

I wonder why you can't use them with petrol? Some sort of vacuum pressure thing I wonder? I suppose it could be a static issue (as flowing liquid creates it) but I don't imagine it'd be quick enough to be an issued

I think it's because the seals inside may melt or something. Petrol is oil based and it's designed to drain sumps full of hot oil so I don't see the issue.

Probably seals and if it has to deal with volatile flammable liquids it would most likely have to go additional type approval testing. So they slap on a sticker to say don't use with petrol.

I guess if they've quoted for an MG knowing some of the prices it can break for, and some of the expensive bits are missing, they'll be miffed. I do wonder this every time someone calls CTB but then rips the cat off, battery etc. Do they usually break them for bits of crush them for metal?

It went with the wheels in the end, couldn't find the locking wheel nut key! You can't win them all. Or maybe you can, thread update anon as I've just been to see another shite motor...

I guess if they've quoted for an MG knowing some of the prices it can break for, and some of the expensive bits are missing, they'll be miffed. I do wonder this every time someone calls CTB but then rips the cat off, battery etc. Do they usually break them for bits of crush them for metal?

Depends - CTB is a referral website for your local scrap buyer so they'll all have different policies.

The one I've used before just straight up crushes them but I'm guessing they cut the cat off first if present!

This was supposed to have been a 2004 Fiesta with 29,000 miles. It's actually a 1998 Corsa with 39,000 though...

18814218_10211641538607692_9107790245012

V.tempting but not cheap enough for me at the moment,

It is, but there was advisories last year for rust to rear of both sills and front cross member. It needs three tyres (perished) and has 8 weeks MOT. It's up for £500, was offered a deal at £450 but have back heeled it.

• 2 weeks later...