Auto Trader Price Tracker

scooobydont

I might be last to the party but I only found this today (via PH)

https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/at-price-tracker/cbecfdegmcppmbpbffdpagongfpbohmd?hl=en-GB

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/at-price-tracker/

It shows you the change in prices on auto trader for any car you look at, bloody clever stuff!

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

I have a price tracker for Rightmove but never thought of searching to see if there is one for autotrader. Good stuff. 

Interesting to see how many sellers vastly over price stuff. Even dealers. 

This has had £1.5k dropped in 2.5 weeks

PXL_20240206_102441034.thumb.jpg.e6ce43a84a95e7b18e1d494f295e90fd.jpg

I've had my eye on this afternoon a local dealer. Possibly would take a sharp offer on it to clear off the forecourt.

PXL_20240206_102303088.thumb.jpg.2c5a9cd4464ecb7cf571a6b4bafcdb5e.jpg

(Sorry for photos of my computer screen - chrome mobile doesn't support extensions)

15 hours ago, scooobydont said:

😄

Capture2.PNG

Is this thing an electrical effort? I struggle with the concept of the sort of Blokey McBloke type who buys a pickup telling his assorted buildery mates down the Nags Head about how many kilowatts his beast of a “truck” puts out.  Also, “88.5kwh” - isn’t kwh a measure of usage rather than output?!

I know nothing about this stuff, but you’d never guess…

3 hours ago, SunnySouth said:

Is this thing an electrical effort? I struggle with the concept of the sort of Blokey McBloke type who buys a pickup telling his assorted buildery mates down the Nags Head about how many kilowatts his beast of a “truck” puts out.  Also, “88.5kwh” - isn’t kwh a measure of usage rather than output?!

I know nothing about this stuff, but you’d never guess…

I don’t think a proper builder would have one, more likely one of these that hang about round building sites in a pair of chinos that get it under the company car scheme or some such bollocks. 

I think it’s dropping like falling masonry because nobody knows what it is, when they do look it up they can see it’s just a bit of a Wish.com Hilux and also because nobody in their right mind is going to spaff £50k on some no name horseshit like that. 

27 minutes ago, sierraman said:

I think it’s dropping like falling masonry because nobody knows what it is, when they do look it up they can see it’s just a bit of a Wish.com Hilux and also because nobody in their right mind is going to spaff £50k on some no name horseshit like that. 

I only added the Maxus in as I have been watching this thread

2 hours ago, cort16 said:

I wonder what they're smoking here they're put it up in price 20 grand at the start of January.

I wonder if they reuse autotrader listings for other vehicles. Then when sold, they go back to the T90EV knowing it's a good vehicle that won't sell but look to keep a genuine listing alive. 

15 hours ago, cort16 said:

I wonder what they're smoking here they're put it up in price 20 grand at the start of January.

The £20k support from Maxus has gone. Despite it saying “pre registered one only” in the caption I assume that one only has actually sold and this is now just a brand new one they’re advertising 

no idea what kind of crack they’re smoking if they think people are actually gonna buy one though. 

Thinking about the electric pick up trucks a bit,a guy on a caravan forum I'm on works at a large power station.Reckons they'll use them for on site work,towing etc.Being a power station ,there's plenty of electricity!Could well make sense for some farmers as well.A lot tow an Ifor Williams to the market and back.They're not going far,know when they're going and when they're coming back.Charging points in the market car park, what's not to like?The owner of the site we use in Wales drives round in a top spec automatic Navara.Empties the bins,collects money,never actually goes further than the nearest town,so forty mile round trip max.One of those Maxuses would be just the job for him.Another farm site we use,owner drives round in the obligatory orange top spec Ranger.Now one of his many enterprises is a Solar farm and energy storage.........Free motoring!

Electric vehicles can be a tax efficient method of buying a vehicle if you have your own company. So a farmer could potentially offset it against any losses and such as a working vehicle. 

2 hours ago, sierraman said:

Farmers are known for being tight as a drum, they’d likely stick with a fucked ex water board Ranger or the Land Rover. 

You should see the car park at our local cattle market.Looks like a high end 4x4 dealers forecourt! You've been watching too much All Creatures Great and Small!

A few of the site foreman types for the various trades on this new build estate I live on drive Rangers and the like. They don’t need AWD for the work they’re doing, but the Maxarse probably isn’t blingy enough for them. 

2 hours ago, sierraman said:

Farmers are known for being tight as a drum, they’d likely stick with a fucked ex water board Ranger or the Land Rover. 

Living in Norfolk surrounded by farmers I would have to disagree on this, most of them drive round in brand new trucks and Range Rovers. You get the odd old school farmer in his battered hilux or L200 but the large majority are in brand new stuff

6 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

Living in Norfolk surrounded by farmers I would have to disagree on this, most of them drive round in brand new trucks and Range Rovers. You get the odd old school farmer in his battered hilux or L200 but the large majority are in brand new stuff

See that’s what I’d call ‘young farmers’ the wealthy ones that drive like maniacs in their John Deere. In between rowing in pubs with other young farmers. The old ones are the ones prone to being careful with their money. 😂

14 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

A few of the site foreman types for the various trades on this new build estate I live on drive Rangers and the like. They don’t need AWD for the work they’re doing, but the Maxarse probably isn’t blingy enough for them. 

Think there's tax advantages as they're commercial vehicles.

1 hour ago, SiC said:

Electric vehicles can be a tax efficient method of buying a vehicle if you have your own company. So a farmer could potentially offset it against any losses and such as a working vehicle. 

Run a Ltd company?

In order of tax efficiency

0) use a cheap shitter and put every business mile through at 45p (25p once you've done 10K in a year).  If the car was cheap enough and economical enough, that's 45p tax free from business into pesonal bank account. Assuming fuel at 20p a mile that's 25p tax free. 

1) Electric vehicle of any sort with zero BIK which you can use for private use.

2) ICE vehicle which is a pool vehicle and can be only be used on company business

3) ICE Commercial vehicle (van or pick up) which you can use privately and incur BIK of £3k 

4) massively expensive ICE car which you can use for private use, with redondulous BIK based on emissions and rrp 

I don't know, where it fits but one contractor bought a brand new Ducatti costing £12k and his accountant said that was "plant and equipment" 

2 minutes ago, sierraman said:

See that’s what I’d call ‘young farmers’ the wealthy ones that drive like maniacs in their John Deere. In between rowing in pubs with other young farmers. The old ones are the ones prone to being careful with their money. 😂

The two examples I mentioned, one's in his late sixties,the other late seventies!

11 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

When I lived in the Yorkshire dales, our milk man and local farmer, delivered milk in his Defender, but he had an M3 that came out once in a blue moon.  He was probably 60. 

My wife was friends with the Australian wife of a farmers son, and he drove a 205 diesel van with the boot held closed with twine,  usually with a hay bail in the back,  and his wife a nearly new Renault Laguna V6.  His kids had plastic push along noddy cars. 

18 minutes ago, Dobloseven said:

The two examples I mentioned, one's in his late sixties,the other late seventies!

I can only speak for the ones I know of, they’re not by any means poor they are just the old schools ones that wouldn’t give a door a bang.