The grumpy thread

outlaw118

13 hours ago, Bren said:

Run out of steroids and the meds given at hospital have wore off.

My repeat prescription has gone to pharmacy to u which means the end of the week when I need them now.

I am blowing out of my arse.

If you contact the pharmacy most will try to get you an emergency supply.  If you are polite and treat them like humans. Who have feelings. 

On 01/08/2021 at 22:46, puddlethumper said:

More fool you ? No no no, it's the best way. As someone who has done it that way for 50 years I have no stress about monthly payments and credit card shit.

I wonder how "I'm freelance and I have no idea how much work I'll get from day to day" goes down with those pushing these deals?

On 25/07/2021 at 20:57, MikeR said:

I knew about that some time ago. Discovery outbid the EBU for European broadcasting rights, whom the BBC would have gone to in turn for the FTA rights. So much for HMG's "sporting Crown Jewels".

And it's not just the UK affected by this: https://variety.com/2021/tv/global/olympics-discovery-broadcasting-coverage-europe-1235028460/

Massively fucked up turning right at a junction earlier, it was piss pouring monsoon style  rain and the sun was bouncing off the road into my eyes, someone flashed me to let me go and like a complete nobhead I rushed it,  totally misjudged the angle, missed a car in the massive A pillar blindspot of the van, cut the corner and got a well deserved prolonged blast on the horn from some poor bastard who I nearly stoved into.

There should be some sort of "rate my driving" type website where I could  apologise! "yes, I made a complete bollocks of that and you're totally right to call me blind eyed tosser who shouldn't be on the fucking roads" etc etc

Pride damaged etc, what a schoolboy error though, I've been driving for twenty years so I should know a lot better than that!

Despite doing an impression of a fish on a riverbank I have been messing with the vectra.

Screenshot_20210803-195655_Google.thumb.jpg.65ed65ecc752be00963f862498eef5aa.jpg

See where the dipstick is? Next to it (to the left)is a rubber breather pipe. Ours has perished coating the front of the engine in oil.

Whoever decided to route the pipe here obviously had fingers like ET. It was a twat to get it out. I managed to remove it only to find I have no pipe that size - vauxhall probably wont have it in stock. Off to the motor factors tomorrow then.

2 hours ago, cobblers said:

Massively fucked up turning right at a junction earlier, it was piss pouring monsoon style  rain and the sun was bouncing off the road into my eyes, someone flashed me to let me go and like a complete nobhead I rushed it,  totally misjudged the angle, missed a car in the massive A pillar blindspot of the van, cut the corner and got a well deserved prolonged blast on the horn from some poor bastard who I nearly stoved into.

There should be some sort of "rate my driving" type website where I could  apologise! "yes, I made a complete bollocks of that and you're totally right to call me blind eyed tosser who shouldn't be on the fucking roads" etc etc

Pride damaged etc, what a schoolboy error though, I've been driving for twenty years so I should know a lot better than that!

You didn't hit, or get dented though? It happens, occasionally. Don't stress.

3 hours ago, cobblers said:

At least you recognise that you ballsed it up, some people seem to think that turns like that are perfectly fine.  We all make mistakes.

Had another go at cutting a finger off .

Best nose reaming finger nearly got decapitated a few days back cutting a lettice up, its nail saved the day ...

Thought i would sharpen the same knife today ...... It slipped ,got my thumb ,  spent an hour holding the wound shut .

Putting knives away now ....In case of the third time lucky rule ...

IMG_20210804_162820_079.thumb.jpg.0c5c52ec4f82d66885bd9e5f1a6e46fa.jpg

1 hour ago, Zelandeth said:

See fuel has gone up again...£1.559 a litre for super here now.  Big jump too, the usually seem to sneak a penny on here or there in the hope you won't notice...

I have been looking on ebay - big engined stuff is moving slowly or not at all.

So I have this great thing called 'reverse Karma'   do something nice and great - and Karma points come into play but in reverse, so instead of something good, Yep you guessed it ... something bad 😅

So you know I helped that old bloke out in the garden centre the day before ... Well yesterday was reverse Karma day, and I got a nice bit of flint in my eye.

Yesterday I did the water pump for that old boy around the corner, today was reverse Karma day.  I did some plumbing for other halfs mother ... expanding foam went all to fuck and pushed all the push-fit pipes off 🤦‍♂️ So shall await for it to set and re do those bits 😅

1 hour ago, Minimad5 said:

So I have this great thing called 'reverse Karma'   do something nice and great - and Karma points come into play but in reverse, so instead of something good, Yep you guessed it ... something bad 😅

So you know I helped that old bloke out in the garden centre the day before ... Well yesterday was reverse Karma day, and I got a nice bit of flint in my eye.

Yesterday I did the water pump for that old boy around the corner, today was reverse Karma day.  I did some plumbing for other halfs mother ... expanding foam went all to fuck and pushed all the push-fit pipes off 🤦‍♂️ So shall await for it to set and re do those bits 😅

Rule of Acquisition number 285: No good deed ever goes unpunished.

Ain't it the bloody truth!

Few weeks back I pulled over to see if I could help someone who had obviously broken down.  Wound up getting a bloody parking ticket from Euro Car Parks for it...Sodding expensive gesture of kindness that turned into!

Just now, Zelandeth said:

Rule of Acquisition number 285: No good deed ever goes unpunished.

Ain't it the bloody truth!

Few weeks back I pulled over to see if I could help someone who had obviously broken down.  Wound up getting a bloody parking ticket from Euro Car Parks for it...Sodding expensive gesture of kindness that turned into!

Don't tell anyone, but me and the missus caught a dog which had got loose, and returned it to its owner (No Karma required !)

Infact I should have taken it the vets rather than hand it to the woman, as it looked like it had fleas and a leaky eye. (Karma points removed 😎)

3 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

See fuel has gone up again...£1.559 a litre for super here now.  Big jump too, the usually seem to sneak a penny on here or there in the hope you won't notice...

Yea, I seen that. 1.598 for shell 99 here. 

I'll have to see what Tesco is, it was 1.399 for Momentum about two week back. 

I managed to fill up the Nissan with e5 Regular today, wonder how much longer that will last. 

Now I don't mind filling the Audi with premium as I don't drive it often but the Primera is a daily wagon, it'll get rather expensive to run on premium if it doesn't agree with E10. 

'reverse Karma'  has got me many times , I tend to move on now , it normally involves chasing some one who wants a favour doing ...

as for petrol

all I can say its a good things we have a C1 in the fleet , if I still had my 240 it would cost a fiver to warm it up !!!

deep cleaning the kitchen now and painting after replacing the drawer cases and runners with those nice new kits from Screwfix ...

but

the amount of shite that is kept on top of fridges and cupboards , it was minging with me not being up there for 2 years ..

surprise surprise , a trip to the tip is taking place on Friday ....

Now I have very wet feet after traipsing about 25 minutes along this bloody verge.

IMG_20210805_165834.thumb.jpg.b6a088705679db81f550b2e712cdad96.jpg

Reason why is clearly visible.  Apparently after having tyres fitted one wheel trim wasn't properly secured.

Just glad it escaped other traffic, didn't mow down any pedestrians (these metal trims aren't light!) and didn't disappear into the wooded area in front of me or the giant sea of nettles just behind me.

Safety cable ties will be getting added before I go anywhere in the morning!

Off away in the Campervan tomorrow… better tax it… won’t let me do it as days already taxed. But I Sorned it last October didn’t I? 

Fucksticks… apparently not! Well thats over £200 wasted!! How did I not realise! I was sure I had done it!!

Arse. 

And as all the tyres are 12 years old I have been told I need to replace them tomorrow before we go away as well… save money… buy a Campervan… 

39 minutes ago, brownnova said:

And as all the tyres are 12 years old I have been told I need to replace them tomorrow before we go away as well

Whyso?  If they have tread, have no cracks in them and have been fine up until now, they'll continue to be fine.

This is my grandmother's new method of parking

PXL_20210805_172555152.thumb.jpg.1ff947acf28bc2c585451265fca0da5d.jpg

Just inside the garage enough so that I cannot close the door, with the keys in the ignition. Oh, and conveniently parked in just the perfect angle so I have a hard time parking my own car. Her new rear bumper has a bollard-sized crack in it now. At this rate all second gen Rav4 body plastics in stock will have gone on this car and been destroyed.

23 minutes ago, Talbot said:

Whyso?  If they have tread, have no cracks in them and have been fine up until now, they'll continue to be fine.

Tyres which have been stomping along the queen's highway/sat idle for long periods of time for more than a decade are never worth the risk, surely? For the sake of a couple of hundred quid it's decent peace of mind when your family are on board.