The grumpy thread

outlaw118

It's summer, tourists are allowed to visit unfamiliar areas, which many of them didn't do last year. Therefore, out of practise. Those of you who live in or near any kind of tourist attraction will know how bad these distracted learner drivers are, and it's doubly worse this year.  Am an expert, used to live in Worthing (not for long though!)

12 minutes ago, GrumpiusMaximus said:

Anybody got a catalytic convertor for a 2004 Fiesta kicking around at all?  Just had an MOT failure on my FiL's car.  Proper arseache.  1.25.

I’d just get a new one, BM cats or whatever. Crap but it’ll pass the test. A used OE one is probably worth more in scrap than a new type approved one costs. 

39 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Indeed.  That + Abbey Road crossing webcam + the Rufford ford/flood channel = no television set required.

Rufford Ford is amazing. Two year old BMW? Ford touching high water marker? No problem - hydrolock here we come! Our young lad is fascinated by it too. 

1 hour ago, GrumpiusMaximus said:

That's the problem.  I'll do some digging.

Can’t off hand remember what/where the Cat is on one of those. Once you start fucking about with old exhausts though you’ll probably find the full system is fucked. Fitted one of those full kits from Poland a while back on a Corsa and it was a surprisingly good system, better than the Klarius shit from ECP.

Ive no doubt you could fit a OE cat but it’s probably not worthwhile as even the cheap one will probably outlast the car.

6 minutes ago, Isopon said:

I was out earlier and saw a shabby Citroen Dyane next to a library and saw the old lady owner get in, put her books on the passenger seat before going to drive away, but it wouldn't start, it needed a jump. wished I could've helped. It put a real dampener on my mood  :-(.

Offer to crank-start it for her?

Got an envelope in the post today addressed to "REB Esq."

Inside a note:

20210811_141425.thumb.jpg.4e064fb29d82ef68e4bb5b6d337554ce.jpg

No key though. Don't know if it's fallen out in the post or he forgot to put it in. Awaiting a response to my text. Hopefully he's forgotten to put it in and I can go and pick it up like I should have done to begin with. If not it means I won't be able to get to the unit this weekend. Bums times ten.

Not grumpy but there isn't really a thread to suit, just sitting here after my wife has been carted off in an ambulance after her heart rate went fucking mental, like 190 bpm mental along with some worrying arm pain and vomiting, Paramedic ECG didn't show any horror signs but they've taken her in for further testing. Pre covid I'd have been with her but I now have to wait at home for updates which feels all kinds of wrong.  I'm reasonably confident she's ok  but quite worried all the same ..... strange times indeed :( 

2 minutes ago, omegod said:

Not grumpy but there isn't really a thread to suit, just sitting here after my wife has been carted off in an ambulance after her heart rate went fucking mental, like 190 bpm mental along with some worrying arm pain and vomiting, Paramedic ECG didn't show any horror signs but they've taken her in for further testing. Pre covid I'd have been with her but I now have to wait at home for updates which feels all kinds of wrong.  I'm reasonably confident she's ok  but quite worried all the same ..... strange times indeed :( 

Pray all is OK and she's back put soon and you don't have to wait long for an update.