BFG resistance is futile - Cookie's adventures in shiteing

Cookiesouwest

• Cookiesouwest changed the title to The Disco has left the fleet - Cookie's adventures in shiteing
  • 3 weeks later...

Fleet wise, not a lot happening.

Mondeo is off for oil and filters on Friday. Honda keeps Hondering.

Mrs Cookie got very upset that I didn't buy the Austin 1300 ADO16 that was for sale.

I didn't expect her to like it. 

Now I spend a lot of time perusing classifieds to find one in budget. Budget is not big enough lol

You'll struggle to get one for that price. At least a running and driving example. 

This is @GMcD and my old car:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354809533615

Great little car, drove well and solid. Was a sorted car when we both had it. Interior is in a really fresh and a pleasant place to be. There is a thread on here with what I did over lockdown (I still regret selling it) and GMcD main thread too. He got many more miles out of it than I did. I sold it to buy the BMW E28 520i that I never gelled with. 

However it's a Cat D write off and I don't think it's worth that. Maybe £3k tops. 

(But then I have a skinflint budget 😂)

9 hours ago, SiC said:

You'll struggle to get one for that price. At least a running and driving example. 

This is @GMcD and my old car:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354809533615

Great little car, drove well and solid. Was a sorted car when we both had it. Interior is in a really fresh and a pleasant place to be. There is a thread on here with what I did over lockdown (I still regret selling it) and GMcD main thread too. He got many more miles out of it than I did. I sold it to buy the BMW E28 520i that I never gelled with. 

However it's a Cat D write off and I don't think it's worth that. Maybe £3k tops. 

(But then I have a skinflint budget 😂)

My budget is also skinflint.

4k is out of budget.

There is one in Portishead on the club classifieds. I use to work with the current owner. Loads of work done but smoky engine, which scares me.

18 minutes ago, Cookiesouwest said:

There is one in Portishead on the club classifieds. I use to work with the current owner. Loads of work done but smoky engine, which scares me.

That's the car I owned for three years until April.  Anthony (the seller) is a good friend and bought it to re-visit ado16 ownership after 15 years without one.  He's gone soft (although the fan belt breaking on his way home from Norfolk probably didn't endear it to him)!  The engine wasn't smoky when I had it other than on choke when it is definitely running too rich, so I suspect the same is true now.  The carburettor settings are a compromise as it's got a GT engine, 3 into 1 manifold (as per the lower spec twin carb variants, not GT) with a single HS4 carb.  It would benefit from a rolling road set-up, either as is or after fitting a free-er flowing exhaust, but even as is it's a fair bit quicker than standard.  We took this, the limeflower one I recently sold and a friends mk2 to collect Anthony when he came to pick it up...

1507080583_Three1300s.jpg.4eade6e7267c2a8c929886576ccd5b82.jpg

I'm sure he'd come down a bit on price; at £2500 it would be a better bet than the limeflower one.  Feel free to PM if you want to know any more about it.

If I didn't have both an excess of cars and now a bunch of cars that none I want to change for anything else, I'd have bought that. Especially as it has the fruiter engine.

But then a smokey engine doesn't worry me too much. 

I'm still part of the 1100 club to just get the members section of the classifieds as I'll get another at some point. I can dig out the bi-monthly access code and PM you it if you're interested. 

6 hours ago, SiC said:

If I didn't have both an excess of cars and now a bunch of cars that none I want to change for anything else, I'd have bought that. Especially as it has the fruiter engine.

But then a smokey engine doesn't worry me too much. 

I'm still part of the 1100 club to just get the members section of the classifieds as I'll get another at some point. I can dig out the bi-monthly access code and PM you it if you're interested. 

Thanks. I've managed to get whole advert off Internet.

Hoping to make arrangements to go view.

9 hours ago, BeEP said:

That's the car I owned for three years until April.  Anthony (the seller) is a good friend and bought it to re-visit ado16 ownership after 15 years without one.  He's gone soft (although the fan belt breaking on his way home from Norfolk probably didn't endear it to him)!  The engine wasn't smoky when I had it other than on choke when it is definitely running too rich, so I suspect the same is true now.  The carburettor settings are a compromise as it's got a GT engine, 3 into 1 manifold (as per the lower spec twin carb variants, not GT) with a single HS4 carb.  It would benefit from a rolling road set-up, either as is or after fitting a free-er flowing exhaust, but even as is it's a fair bit quicker than standard.  We took this, the limeflower one I recently sold and a friends mk2 to collect Anthony when he came to pick it up...

1507080583_Three1300s.jpg.4eade6e7267c2a8c929886576ccd5b82.jpg

I'm sure he'd come down a bit on price; at £2500 it would be a better bet than the limeflower one.  Feel free to PM if you want to know any more about it.

Thanks. Will be in touch if I need to pick your brains. 

Thanks. I've managed to get whole advert off Internet.
Hoping to make arrangements to go view.
Yeah it's been for sale long enough that it's in the general view. There usually is a two week initial grace period where an advert is only visible with a members login.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very quick update

Mondeo - still providing great service. Still not polished the headlights or changed the fluid in the powershite box. I clearly like to live dangerously.

Honda - Its a Honda, so absolutely nothing to report. I'm a tad worried about the high bite point, but its been like that forever. Not sure why I'm stressing about it.

A car has been purchased. Well a deposit has been put down. I will be going on a cross country trip in a couple of weeks to get it. Its Mrs Cookie's birthday in a couple of weeks and as I have failed miserably to build the fire 🔥 pit she wanted, thought I'd better get her a motor instead.

• Cookiesouwest changed the title to Cookie's adventures in shiteing - fleet will expand
  • 2 weeks later...

Well at the weekend, I found some old greased lightning waterless wash and wax in the shed. Been there at least 8 yrs.

So I decided to polish the Mondeo in the dark (as you do).

Clearly I missed half the bonnet.

20230712_071838.thumb.jpg.d6322ef9716d13bbbf179c0d4d7c9e1d.jpg

In other news, while many AS members will be enjoying shitefest this weekend, I will be on a collection mission.

• Cookiesouwest changed the title to Cookie's adventures in shiteing - Polishing in the dark
10 minutes ago, Cookiesouwest said:

Well at the weekend, I found some old greased lightning waterless wash and wax in the shed. Been there at least 8 yrs.

So I decided to polish the Mondeo in the dark (as you do).

Clearly I missed half the bonnet.

20230712_071838.thumb.jpg.d6322ef9716d13bbbf179c0d4d7c9e1d.jpg

In other news, while many AS members will be enjoying shitefest this weekend, I will be on a collection mission.

Liked for the collection mission. Chod speed.